Author Topic: a long absence...  (Read 3979 times)

Monkey

a long absence...
« on: March 29, 2015, 12:38:03 PM »
I just took out the diabolo after years without use... I have a Henry's Jazz and a Circus, with Henry's aluminum sticks...

I promised a friend I'd pick up a set for her too, but im sure things have changed...

What are considered the best diabolos these days? I prefer my jazz, coz its fast and goes high and I control it better... But I've also heard that the circus is meant to be better cos its easier to throw and catch, with its big size...

Any advice on getting back into it? What are the best diabolos these days? The Henry's were the dogs bollox back in the day...

maxx9r

Re: a long absence...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
i´d suggest taibolos .... they are cheap and almost perfect for anything....... i also use them

circus are good too , but you should add a tk2 kit to lose weight and get wider axles

like many others i use deos carbon sticks. you can order them there -> www.playjuggling.com
SICK WIT IT !!!

Monkey

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 06:38:20 PM »
Thanks, I've never come across the taibolos before. I might pick one up for my friend, although it might make sense if we are both using similar. I might also put some effort into using the circus more, as I hear it is better for learning tricks. The jazz just feels so good though...

Chloé F.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:28:46 PM »
I personally went through many kinds of diabolos, until I met Epic ones. These are perfect, and often compared to taibolos, for they have the same qualities : quite cheap, very resistant, solid, good weighted. I recommand you to buy either Taibolos or Epics ;)
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

Monkey

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 08:00:38 AM »
So, in the end I decided to stay with Henrys.... I don't think there have been sygnificant innovations that would make me switch...

Wis

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »
There have been certain innovations, that made switch almost everybody, but among active players. I recommend you try them out and then decide. I went Jazz, short time, circus, 5 years, tried finesses for a while, taibolos, and now I use Epics. I am with Chloé here.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

maximumspin

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:50 PM »
When something is recommended and referred as inexpensive, a great deal depends on where the OP lives.  For example, I'm in the US and I don't think the Taibolo or Epic is inexpensive.  Not that I can find, anyhow.  Sundias though, I can find less than the Taibolo or Epic, so I lean towards them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal