Author Topic: My New Video!  (Read 7174 times)

Rîkû

My New Video!
« on: December 12, 2005, 04:17:24 PM »

frank0072

My New Video!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 12:28:28 AM »
Ok, a few comments:

1st: you are so freakin' good. The trick with the tip of the stick inserted in the cup of a diabolo where you spin it 180 degrees is really really awsome. I have never seen anything like that before.
2nd: in the end you use music used before in a diabolo-movie again (the outro of your vid is the intro of "4 days, 5 nights, 7 diabolo's"(or something like that)
3rd: the locations may be more creative, and no people or cats walking in the background, this distracts viewers attention from the skills you want to show them.

So, use the tips in your advantage and keep up the good work.
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Matt_

• Donator
My New Video!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 09:24:34 AM »
i have a good tip for you: go outside ;)

no really it makes the viewer care about your video more, makes it more interesting...

plus i could care less about the music, i mute almost every diabolo video i watch anyway and just play my own music

Rîkû

My New Video!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 01:05:57 PM »
I can´t go outside because here in Finland is winter now  :(

And thanks for tips  :roll:

arnie

• VotW Contributor
My New Video!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 11:12:11 PM »
Winter? "Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!"

steve ;)

Matt_

• Donator
My New Video!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 02:43:19 AM »
heh, winter. here in california, we know of no such thing! except for wind...but once you find a respite from that, it's allll good  8)

frank0072

My New Video!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 07:25:41 AM »
Quote from: Matt_
heh, winter. here in california, we know of no such thing! except for wind...but once you find a respite from that, it's allll good  8)

That is unfair! That gives you the advantage of atleast 4 months extra practicing outside  :o
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Mattias

My New Video!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 10:33:33 AM »
Quote from: frank0072
Quote from: Matt_

That is unfair! That gives you the advantage of atleast 4 months extra practicing outside  :o

Easily 6 for me... Don't this have it's own thread?
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

fildas

My New Video!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 01:47:44 PM »
In Czech Republic is also winter..... 8)
.....sorry, my english is not good.....

Arjan

My New Video!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 06:14:28 PM »
I`m very sorry, but I`m not so positive about your video. You have nice tricks but that`s it.
And doing 2 diabolo with a circus and finesse?
Last movie I told you to pay more attention to music, and now you just copied another one. I don`t understand you, this is just critisism, and you just ignore.

James

My New Video!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 07:14:42 PM »
Quote from: Arjan
Last movie I told you to pay more attention to music, and now you just copied another one. I don`t understand you, this is just critisism, and you just ignore.

I can see what you mean by that, but I think that is a slightly unfair comment to make.  Rîkû only registered here on the 9th of November, which means its quite possible that he didn't see a lot of the popular videos.

Going back through the history of the forums watching all of the videos to make sure you aren't using any of the same music seems to be a bit of a waste of time when the video works fine with the chosen song.  I don't really see anything wrong with multiple videos using the same music, seeing as there are so many diabolo videos, as long as the song isn't used too much.

Hope you understand my point  :)
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

martijn

My New Video!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 07:20:01 PM »
Quote from: James
I can see what you mean by that, but I think that is a slightly unfair comment to make.  Rîkû only registered here on the 9th of November, which means its quite possible that he didn't see a lot of the popular videos.

Well, what a coincidence then... :roll:

Mattias

My New Video!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 07:22:46 PM »
If I were you I would take all the tricks you have and do one video with them, and not release twice aweek, it also give more versatility to your videos and not many repetitions. And when filming, see to that there won't be any distractions. Also switch environments more often!

Basically what many other people have said.

But you are of no doubt a good diaboloist for your age.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Matt_

• Donator
My New Video!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 08:11:47 PM »
haha, i'm such a jerk. i automatically mute almost all diabolo videos when i watch them (except for a few, like Tijn's or Sean's). but i still expect people to listen to my music  :roll:

looby

• Donator
My New Video!
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 12:41:25 AM »
I think everyone needs to lighten up.  He's only 12 years old (not trying to patronise you by the way).  Ok, he's used the same music in his video as someone else did.  It's not like the person who originally used it, wrote it himself, produced it himself and sold it on the market, only to find someone else came along and used it without the owners consent!  I'm sure Bertrand and Dai didnt write to the Gorillaz and request to use their song in their video so why should he?  He's young, he wants to make videos, so be it!.  

If he's up there with Niels in 3 years time I would have been grateful I saw how good he was 'back in the day'.  I know where some of you are coming from with the constructive criticism in regard to the backgrounds but flaming him for using the same music as someone else is just childish.  I suggest everyone takes a chill pill and eases up on him.  All I'd suggest is all his videos are moved into one thread which he can add to in the future, and try and vary your tricks a little.

Good luck with it!
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Matt_

• Donator
My New Video!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 01:41:51 AM »
well i mean, you post up a video, you get criticism. no one said "you suck go die, your mom should've aborted your fetus" or anything rash or offensive. perhaps arjan's criticism was the "harshest", only to get his point across.

look at everyone's favorite videos--like from Diabology to "Feel Good" to "Smile"--they show the things that people are telling Riku to do. we all are a big diaboloing family here, we're just trying to help each other out.

and i make videos and post them up too. i'd like for people to give me tips on tricks that i dont pull off so well, or to tell me how to make a better video, rather than just saying "great video bye!"

martijn

My New Video!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 12:35:14 PM »
Good point there Matt, feedback is always welcome, it's just the way it is said. And I don't believe very mean things were said here. The truth is hard :wink:

I just think it's a bit weak that someone can't choose his own music. Okay, if he likes that song, there's no copyright on it ofcourse, I understand that, but it's just that people are reminded to another (and, in my eyes, better) video, and that can be a little confusing/weird.

Chiok

• Donator
My New Video!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 12:47:35 PM »
Quote from: Martijn
but it's just that people are reminded to another (and, in my eyes, better) video, and that can be a little confusing/weird.
I'll agree with that.  I always listen to the music on a video and it affects my opinion of the videos if a good/bad piece of music is used.  For example, I like watching the convention videos of EJC, but the music used is more often than not quite trippy atmospheric stuff that I don't really like, and listening to it for 10min (or however long the video is) doesn't put me in a good mood.  I like the video, don't like the music.

Whenever I hear Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc, I think of Bertrand and Dai video, I've seen it so many times I can picture it in my mind.  Fatboy Slim - Slash Dot Com always reminds me of Norbi's ring video.  I hear Star Wars music, I think Drop and Change.  

I think using the same piece of music especially for the same prop, will make people think of where it has been used before.  It compares you piece to theirs in a way.  But we're not out to be mean, we're trying to help you become a frequent, informed poster on Diabolo.ca.

I agree with the idea if you have alot of footage, then make one longer video that you mix up with locations and viewing angles.  You could do very well I think.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

eplea

re:
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2005, 03:26:50 AM »
"1st: you are so freakin' good. The trick with the tip of the stick inserted in the cup of a diabolo where you spin it 180 degrees is really really awsome. I have never seen anything like that before. "

You see a trick you've never seen done before in a video clip but pick on something as trivial as the choice of music? And here I was downloading video clips to see others play and possibly see/learn new tricks.  How silly of me.  I haven't downloaded the video yet but by reading the replies thus far I'd be curious to see what the reaction would be if the next clip of Ryo featured a track used in another clip. Oh the horror.

Am I the only one who could give a rats backside what music is playing?I'm more concerned with what is contained in the video itself and if what is presented is filmed/edited/converted/compressed in such a way that makes viewing enjoyable.  There's absolutely nothing worse then spending time downloading a video clip only to have it compressed to the point of seeing nothing more than a glob of pixels  instead of a diabolo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal