Author Topic: Why does my Diabolo (with bearing) wobble?  (Read 4239 times)

Egiraffe

Why does my Diabolo (with bearing) wobble?
« on: June 30, 2015, 05:11:24 PM »
Hi
I recently upgraded to a jumbo diabolo with bearing (giro) so that I could get longer spin & do more tricks. & when I works, it is awesome how long it goes for. However, me & my friends are finding that some times, when we start it off, it won't stop wobbling & then it eventually slows. This has never happened on none bearing diabolo so i'm not sure how to fix it. Please help x

ASamJ2K

Re: Why does my Diabolo (with bearing) wobble?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 06:46:09 AM »
The nut in the middle of the cup that connects the axle to the cup, you need to find a tool that will fit it,  and just turn it in the direction that will tighten it. but never over tighten, it was a BIG mistake
If anything wasn't clear. replay to this :) 
Diabolo lets me be me

Egiraffe

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »
Thank you. It turns out that when using a diablo with a bearing, there is only one way that bearing will turn. So when I start it in the direction it turns I have no problem, but when I try to start it against the bearing, it wobbles violently.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 05:57:07 PM »
Thank you. It turns out that when using a diablo with a bearing, there is only one way that bearing will turn. So when I start it in the direction it turns I have no problem, but when I try to start it against the bearing, it wobbles violently.
so err...why do you start it against the bearing at all? If you can't make out which cup is supposed to be towards you mark it out somehow (usually done by different color washers).

Wis

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 08:43:36 AM »
He/she just didn't know that bearings are to be turned in one side only... now he/she knows
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 05:09:35 AM »
Ah I see. Thought he/she was maybe trying to do an "anti bearing trick" (like how kids I've lent my diabolo to have "tried vertax" by swinging it wildy around) or that the bearing side was simply unmarked (which seemed weird). My bad TS. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal