Author Topic: Need help choosing a couple Diabolo (1st post :) )  (Read 2488 times)

programmergeek

Need help choosing a couple Diabolo (1st post :) )
« on: August 27, 2015, 02:45:18 PM »
So My daughter won a Diabolo at a fair (piece of junk) but we got hooked, she is 7. I ordered a KickFire® Green Super Nova from amazon and we have been having fun but the bearing is a bit rough and it is a pretty wide axle, so I want to get a couple more to play with.  I saw the Epic but I am in the USA and it seems hard to order.  So I need some advice what is the best one to get, price is not a consideration.   Also were to order, I go on line and several of the sites are screwed up.   I mostly am using them for doing tricks and messing around.  I don't want a hard one that will crack since I plan to drop it a lot.     

Thanks in advance for any advice.   

Jason

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: Need help choosing a couple Diabolo (1st post :) )
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 03:16:07 PM »
Hi Jason: Stores to check out for the US would be Dube, Renegade Juggling, or Serious Juggling. If you stick with a bearing diabolo, your best bet would be to pick up a Sundia Shining from one of those places (from what I see on offer from them). The Shining's cups are hard but if you're just dropping from an average height they will be fine (average in this case = a high throw from about a 3 high pattern height).
If you want to switch to softer cups, stick with Finesses or Henry's Circus diabolos.

programmergeek

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 03:48:32 PM »
wide or narrow axle? 

Chloé F.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 04:13:29 PM »
Finesses have a narrow axle, as well as the circus' :)
Another great diabolo for children is the Henry's vision, it is quite light weighed, I started with this one but I don't know if you can buy one from the US...
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal