Author Topic: two diabolo rocket start  (Read 2558 times)

thewu

two diabolo rocket start
« on: January 28, 2007, 07:48:21 PM »
well, i searched the forums and i found out how to do a 3d rocket start, though i can't do 3 yet.  :-[

so, how exactly do you do it? if i pull up, one diabolo flies off to the side.

thanks
-thewu

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3D rocket start
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:41:52 AM »
Have a look at what the guy in the VotW does(The rocket start to 3 low).  Have a look at what hes doing. Or even better, film yourself trying it and compare the two videos to see what you're doing wrong. Either that or just keep practising I guess.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

thewu

Re: 3D rocket start
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 04:13:06 AM »
umm... somebody changed my title to 3D.

i was looking for how to do a two diabolo rocket start. is there a certain motion i have to follow? i see people swinging to their side, yet when i do it, it always pops sideways.

oh and thanks for helping Will_ :)

seán_

Re: two diabolo rocket start
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 04:26:34 AM »
yup, one mod reckoned you were on about 3d because you kept mentioning 3d, the other thought 2d because you didnt seem to know what you were on about. In the end the title got changed and we decided to wait until you cleared up what you wanted.

Hand motion, pull smothly up and slightly right then further right at the end like an 'r'. Some people hold both sticks, others hold both sticks in one hand then grab the stick before catching the diabolo. Play about with different pull strengths and anglesuntil you get what works for you.

check out diabolotricks for a bit about rocket starts, check out the other floor starts whilst your at it, some find some easier than others.

Beni

Re: two diabolo rocket start
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:11:44 PM »
Séan_ pretty much summed it up, I find that the angle of the launch depends on how hard you pull the right hand relative to the left hand. Can you do 2d yet?

And to anyone unclear about the first post:

well, i searched the forums and i found out how to do a 3d rocket start, though i can't do 3 yet.  :-[

That is about 3d rocket start (obviously).

so, how exactly do you do it? if i pull up, one diabolo flies off to the side.

That is about 2d rocket start. 'It' refers to 2d rocket start, not 3d rocket start.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal