Author Topic: Rubber wrist?  (Read 6540 times)

Scott Calcutt

Rubber wrist?
« on: December 24, 2005, 02:43:33 PM »
heya,

i recently came accross this combo and it ends with a rubber wrist, this is right at the end of the trick and always messes the whole thing up!!!

i have checked the site search and there dosent appear to be any posts, can anybody help?

Thanks

fredo

Rubber wrist?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 04:01:31 PM »
Sry, I can't imagine what combo you're talking of. I can't find a hint of a trick name neither in the subject nor in the text...

And what the hell is a rubber wrist??? Maybe a metaphore? Sry for my english...

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Rubber wrist?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 04:49:57 PM »
I think your talking about a rubber arm and fredo check out diabolotricks.com and it's over arm tricks to see what it is.  What part of the trick is messing up?  catch it like that or exiting?  catching it is the harder part and it's just practice

Matt_

• Donator
Rubber wrist?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 07:57:45 PM »
haha the rubber wrist! this is a really old trick from Donald Grant's old books.

anyway, you are going to have to twist your wrist as far around as you can and make a sort of "triangle" with the string and your arm. the bigger the triangle, the better (more catching area).

fredo

Rubber wrist?
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 09:49:16 PM »
Ah, I see... yeah, that trick isn't that easy and often underestimated!

I find it very helpful to turn your wrist so wide that you can see the string, that helps catching the diab.

And make sure that the string is as wide as possible under your shoulder, as Matt_ said:The bigger the triangle, the better.

If you've the diabolo_comp vid, you can see a special walk movement Matt hall does. Try it! maybe it helps

If you don't grab your sticks at the very end while playing, prepare when you're going to do the trick and move your hand yet when you begin the overarm satellites to the end of the stick. (e.g. while doing a sun)

I find it a bit easier, especially when doing this trick with the string behind the back (eric trick), not to throw the diabolo straight to the right, but even a bit to the front and not as far to the right as normal.

The rest is practise... And sometimes the diabolo hits the stick... But that's not that bad, it happens, to me, too (sometimes). Mostly, it doesn't even influence the stability 8right word?) of the diabolo, only the spinning speed(right word?)...

By the way, I got a camera for christmas, when interested, send me a personal messageand i could make a short tutorial, but i don't think it's necessary...

eggy900

Rubber wrist?
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 09:57:38 PM »
i've just learned to get the rubber wrist catch, what tricks can be done out of it? i know sunning it round goes straight to open string, are there any other combos that start with a rubber wrist?

fredo

Rubber wrist?
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:05:26 PM »
you can make a wrap out of it and then magic knots (as JiBe does it)

Arjan

Rubber wrist?
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 04:48:15 AM »
It`s a good trick to learn, since you will use it alot in combo`s. Especially with the wrap out, but aswell as the sun, the possibilaties are endless.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal