Author Topic: Help me find an exit for this trick  (Read 3166 times)

Jay1981

Help me find an exit for this trick
« on: May 24, 2006, 12:28:45 PM »
OK. This is probably going to be quite a simple one for you more experienced diabolists, but I'm just a beginner, and I'm desperate to work out an exit for this trick.
My mate saw a video which featured a string climb in which the second stick was dropped beneath the diabolo (i.e. let go of). The diabolo climbed the string slowly then got tho the top and he exited the trick.

My problem is that having not seen this video, and my mate being the internet beginner that he is (he lost the video), I have only so far managed to work out how to get into this trick.
I do a double front wrap and release the dominant stick.
When the diabolo rises to the top, it's impressive, but I need an exit. Anyone got any ideas?
Arm orbits used to be a problem... now they're a way of life!!

nezzybaby

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »
http://gibee.club.fr/diabolo/video-diab1/JiBe_climb-to-suicide.mpg

This may help for your exit, i gather this is the trick you're talking about. As you can see when the diabolo gets to the top of the string JiBe enters infinite suicides. You'll probably find it much easier to just do a single suicide though, and try to catch the swinging stick straight away.

Also try doing a single frontwrap instead of a double, it should decrease the chance of the string binding up.

You do the front warp at teh bottom, so you can unwrap round the back at the top. So to start with you can literally just pick up the other stick as your diabolo hits the top.

Classic trick by the way, the kids love it

Scooby

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:54:45 PM »
Remember to make it look  "SexY"
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

martijn

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 05:38:55 PM »
No, more than that. Make it look burning hot! 8)

Jay1981

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 12:18:39 PM »
lol... you guys!!!  :P

Jay1981

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 12:21:58 PM »
Quote from: nezzybaby
http://gibee.club.fr/diabolo/video-diab1/JiBe_climb-to-suicide.mpg

This may help for your exit, i gather this is the trick you're talking about. As you can see when the diabolo gets to the top of the string JiBe enters infinite suicides. You'll probably find it much easier to just do a single suicide though, and try to catch the swinging stick straight away.

Also try doing a single frontwrap instead of a double, it should decrease the chance of the string binding up.

You do the front warp at teh bottom, so you can unwrap round the back at the top. So to start with you can literally just pick up the other stick as your diabolo hits the top.

Classic trick by the way, the kids love it

Thanks for the help mate. I just need to get my suicides a touch better, and learn how to get that stick under my shoe lol. I'm finding the weight of me diabolo is causing it to get to the dropped stick before I do.

It's worrying trying to practice this round mine as well as we have low ceilings hehe. Glad I've got some Henry's aluminiums, as the foam handles have saved me ceiling once or twice.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal