Author Topic: Henrys Handsticks: Maintainence tips  (Read 3856 times)

je4d

Henrys Handsticks: Maintainence tips
« on: December 24, 2005, 09:14:52 PM »
Hey everyone, I just thought I'd share some tips for keeping Henrys handsticks in good nic and stop them from wearing through string too quickly..

First up, after practising in the road outside our house with phunky (my younger brother) thismorning, they were chewing through string in about an hour of use - not good :)

The tips were dented & scratched from repeated impacts with the tarmac - I forgot to take "before" photos, but here's what the similarly-messed-up butts of the sticks look like:

After seeking phunky's advice, I applied some emery cloth (coarse) and then some wet'n'dry paper (fine), they're good as new - although I couldn't be bothered to put in enough elbow grease to get them shiny again. Here's what they look like now:

The second thing I've got to share is string-shortening: I find that I can save a lot of broken strings by leaving a couple of inches of string at the butt of the handstick and letting out/taking in a bit occasionally - It also comes in handy when I want an extra bit of string to make triple sprinklers possible :)

Here's how I tie a slip knot in the string to do this - it can be undone with a sharp tug on the spare bit of string:

And the end result:

These sticks are short black carbon fibre sticks - but the same should apply to all varieties of Henrys fibreglass and carbon sticks.

- Jeff

JC

• Donator
Henrys Handsticks: Maintainence tips
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 12:00:57 AM »
It is a tricky fastening the string in the stick.
On the other side I think that it is better if the string is not fastend with the stick, you could put a plastic perl (*) between the knot at the end of the string and the Handstick ---*X

If you work next time with sandpaper you should use it only for the aluminium and not for the carbon.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal