Author Topic: My first "advanced" trick (armcombo)  (Read 8925 times)

WarBird

My first "advanced" trick (armcombo)
« on: January 03, 2006, 03:18:51 AM »
My first(not counting the one in the introduction thread) post here. Seems theres a lot of people with skills here.

It`s not that good... but its one of my first more advanced tricks.
http://hanabi12.sakura.ne.jp/cgi-bin/up/img/059.mpeg
What do you think? comments? :)

Was thinking of starting to practice 2D. When do you think it is a good time to start?

CASERocks

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 04:38:32 AM »
Dude, that was pretty sweet. I don't even know how to do that reverse around the arm!
Nice Job.

WarBird

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 04:45:38 AM »
thanks. and to give credit where its due, i copied this trick from JiBes site.
I remember when I started practicing the reverse around the arm thing. It was hard, since it was a totally new movement. So in the beginning, i just did a right recapture, got into position, and threw the dia with my right arm over my arm and into the string...

William

• VotW Contributor
nice!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 06:52:46 AM »
Thats a nice combo I'll try and learn it!
 :)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

jake

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 09:22:03 AM »
nice trick man...i can do 2d, and i know this a bad thing to say, but i cant do that trick u posted...i still need to work on some of my 1d tricks...

nice job man...

imo id say move onto practicing 2d whenever u buy a 2nd diabolo...:P

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 03:21:20 PM »
now try a reverse over both arm orbit too I think i have it in my newest video.  good job on it anyways.

fadge

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 05:17:05 PM »
thats sweet!! only comment i have is try not to reach for your suicides(the last trick in the vid,i think) just let it come around and catch it in a more natural place,makes it look nicer i think, but thats just my view on suicides. lol. i need to learn reverse over the arm tricks.

well done

adam

WarBird

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 06:03:30 PM »
Thanks for all the comments :)
now try a reverse over both arm orbit too I think i have it in my newest video. good job on it anyways.

I'll do that tomorrow :)

thats sweet!! only comment i have is try not to reach for your suicides(the last trick in the vid,i think) just let it come around and catch it in a more natural place,makes it look nicer i think, but thats just my view on suicides. lol. i need to learn reverse over the arm tricks.

Yeah, i know. The reason i'm "reaching" is because the roof is low, so I had to make the stick not hit the roof. Looks better outside/under a higher ceiling. Thanks for the comment anyways.

Next I have to work on genocides and minigenocides  :roll:

fadge

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 06:51:06 PM »
ah yes, the low roof problem. i no what u mean now,i do that in my room and completely forget i hav a light,im surprised i've never broken it! mini-genocides are awesome i love them,jus need to work out combos with them....

good luck with all that.

adam

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 07:00:11 PM »
Thanks for posting this video. Now I finally see where I went wrong. Can't wait to try it again.

As far as working on two... why not? i learned the 2d shuffle before suicides, genocides, etc... Of course I'm lousy at both 1d and 2d tricks, but I did have a lot of fun.

WarBird

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 03:24:27 PM »
Good to hear that my vid actually helped someone :D Didnt expect that.
Starting to get the hang on the reverse over both arm orbits, but not perfect.

I made another short (500kb) video, of a trick I haven't seen in any other videos (doesnt mean there are none. I havent seen that many). Any comments? Legsling

frank0072

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 03:59:11 PM »
Nice trick! is it some fast 'sun through legs', like JiBe does ? If it isn't I haven't seen it before.

TIP: You should get out or find some space where you can make your vids, because we have to see the whole person, not just the diabolo. I know it's hard when you can't get outside and you have to stay inside the house.

Ow, and the armcombo was very cool aswell. You should try to get some monorails into it, that even makes it more exiting I think...
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

WarBird

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 04:31:33 PM »
Sorry... made the video this evening, and it was too dark to go outside... I could make a new one tomorrow.

The trick itself is like this; start with an anti-clockwise sun, but keep your right leg up. The diabolo goes under the leg, and the string will hit the leg. As the diabolo starts to go upwards do a pirouette turning left. Just drag the diabolo with you around, and the rest comes naturally.

Ow, and the armcombo was very cool aswell. You should try to get some monorails into it, that even makes it more exiting I think...

Thanks. Never done any monorails, so i guess I'll practice em :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal