Author Topic: [tech problems] matt hall and ryo yabe diabolo workshop!  (Read 27499 times)

busk

[tech problems] matt hall and ryo yabe diabolo workshop!
« on: January 06, 2006, 10:38:54 AM »
MOD EDIT: All posts about the content of the workshop video should be directed to the video post itself.

This thread is for any questions related to the downloading of the video. Please read others questions and answers first before posting.

Thanks!

i clicked on the link,and it downloaded a thing of 30 kb named matt hall and ryo blablabla.avi ... i don't have idea to what to do now! :oops:

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 11:14:53 AM »
ok, everyone, IM SORRY! stop PMing me and messaging me on MSN (just kidding guys, you know who you are, and im just joshing ;) )

the real torrent that involves no hassle is: http://www.mininova.org/tor/192497

PHEW. im crossing my fingers, i hope im not jumping to any conclusions here...while it's a nice morning for those of you in western europe, it's 3 AM here :roll:

seán_

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 11:17:54 AM »
Quote from: busk
i clicked on the link,and it downloaded a thing of 30 kb named matt hall and ryo blablabla.avi ... i don't have idea to what to do now! :oops:

Quote from: Matt_

cliffs' notes: download this, open the torrent in that program, wait till its done, watch the video

you're going to need a torrent client. it's a P2P program, but it works in a bit different way than things like Emule, Kazaa, or Limewire. don't worry about your mother swearing at you or the FBI knocking on your door, this is perfectly legal.

first, you need a bittorrent client. my favorite is ABC because it's easy and has a good interface.

if this is the only torrent you're going to use (OR you do not have a router or firewall) just open the torrent file in ABC and wait for it to finish.

if you are planning to keep using torrents (and yes, there are plenty of legal uses, for example AnimeSuki to download unlicensed anime) and/or you want faster speeds on your torrent, keep reading.

go into ABC, go to File-->Preferences. under the Network option, change the port to anything NOT BETWEEN 6881-6999. for example, mine is 49000 (the reason for this is that some ISPs blacklist the default range of 6881-6999).

then, go into your router settings or firewall settings. for your router, look in your manual. usually you go to your internet browser and type in 192.168.0.1 or something (check your router). then, find where it asks you to forward ports. put the port (or port range, for other programs) that you picked before, and put it in, set it to your address on the router (in XP, it's under control panel-->network connections--->and then double click on your network device). my local IP is 192.168.1.101, just as the example. then choose TCP (not UDP), and apply the settings.

yeah, all those words probably just spun your brain around huh? i can make a pictorial tutorial if anyone is really interested and just couldn't understand my directions...

cliffs' notes: download this, open the torrent in that program, wait till its done, watch the video.

Flo

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 11:20:27 AM »
hehe, yes it's a nice morning for me here in germany ;)

Before trying to download it I have one question:
Total size: 365 megabyte
That stands on the site. Is it true?

sparx
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 12:56:52 PM »
Thanks Matt_,  good job, now i´m downloading  and i´ll keep it seeding.

Mattias

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 01:01:52 PM »
The size is of 365 sparx. Thus the use of torrent I would believe...

My BT Status(whatever that is) is stuck on "connecting to peers". Both on the workshop and on another thing i am trying to download. Is it certain that nothing needs to be done after installing ABC. Just open the file?
It seems to work for monregi though, so guess I am just stupid about these sorts of things.

Thanks for fixing the video though Matt_ greatly appreciated!
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

nev

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »
Quote from: Matt_
the real torrent that involves no hassle is: http://www.mininova.org/tor/192497

hmmm - I'm getting a Tracker Down (No Sources) status for this torrent.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Rîkû

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 01:40:31 PM »
Quote from: Mattias
My BT Status(whatever that is) is stuck on "connecting to peers".
Mine too  :(

john_s

tracker status
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 02:22:17 PM »
well i've been connected to 3 peers for a couple of hours now, so it just looks like there's no seeder at the moment. i'm sure matt_ will sort that out once he gets his well deserved sleep!

once finished, i'll make sure i seed for equal or double my ratio so everyone gets a chance to see this file. looking forward to it!

/john

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 02:25:05 PM »
Quote from: Mattias

It seems to work for monregi though

it doesn´t work for me yet, but i think that somebody should begin to seed the file.I suppose that Matt_ will begin to seed and it will work fine.
just be patient :D

nev

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 02:58:11 PM »
hey ho

I'll leave the work computer on all weekend then, so when it begins, it'll be seeding back out too.  Plus I'll add it at home tonight thus giving an extra seed.  (if it starts at all that is - tracker down status is not normaly a good sign).

Glad to do my bit  :D
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

WarBird

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 03:31:27 PM »
Thanks for this :) Managed to connect. Will seed as long as I can (or until theres no more peers)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 08:16:24 PM »
Ok I am slowly beginning to understand how this works. Considering i had no knowledge of torrents when i started i think i'm doing quite well. I'm downloading at about 10kb/s and have got 1.1 percent so far.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

john_s

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 08:32:17 PM »
really? how strange! i'm still in the swarm of 3 i've been connected to since lunchtime, and we're still at 0%. i've tried reconnecting and connecting - you must be in a different swarm. oh well, at least it's working! hopefully myself and the others in my group will connect to you before too long.

/john

seán_

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 08:45:03 PM »
I'm at 85% floating between 20-30 kbs.

I tried reloading a few times when it wasn't working for me. in the end I downloaded µTorrent, and started again. It got going fairly quickly.

It's the first time I have had trouble downloading a torrent though I dont do them that often.

Anyhow, now I will have upset the Mods by sprattling on about dload problems, one of them will have to tidy this thread up once people start commenting on the video and not the dload.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 08:50:31 PM »
From a point of view of little or no file sharing knowledge, wouldn't this be easier over a file sharing programme like limewire? Or is there some painfully obvious reason why this is not possible?

I'm using utorrent as well but i can't get above 12kb/s.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 09:04:45 PM »
heh, funny you mention that Sean, i have recently switched to utorrent as well (ABC and Winamp would simultaneously crash when i played ogg files..and considering i have over 200 CDs ripped to ogg, that was a major annoyance).

right now im seeding at 30 kb/s and i'm connected to 4 people, and one of my friends has already received the file. it's weird, utorrent gives me the error that the tracker is down. luckily, i can still upload and download without a tracker.

From a point of view of little or no file sharing knowledge, wouldn't this be easier over a file sharing programme like limewire? Or is there some painfully obvious reason why this is not possible?

because of hash checking. limewire technically DOES have hash checking, but you cant link to hashes like you can with torrents. technically, we could be using ed2k (edonkey/emule) but that is actually quite a bit slower, and we'd all have to be on the same server, not to mention it's harder to use. when used properly, torrents are the absolutely best way to distribute large files to a lot of people. now if only i could get this tracker business sorted out....it's been 10 hours and only one person (my friend, the first person i mentioned the torrent to) has said that it DLed...crap

john_s

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 09:24:45 PM »
i switched from azureus to utorrent as per sean_s advice, and it's working now and i'm getting a pretty good download speed. it's interesting, as the 3 0% peers i was connected to in my old swarm for about 9 hours were all using azureus as well - maybe a client issue?
anyway, the moral of the story is go with utorrent. should be finished a couple of hours!

/john

seán_

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 09:29:25 PM »
got it :)
now just got to find it on my 'puter :)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »
Quote from: john_s
anyway, the moral of the story is go with utorrent.

i think the moral of the story is to find a better host!

i COULD rehost this torrent on my friend's site (the one i used for the last torrent, that actually worked smoothly)...people could just keep their partially completed file and switch over. but, i think things are going smooth here as long as you use utorrent (well, i heard bitcomet works too)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal