Author Topic: 2 diabolos, back/frontwrap suicide tutorial  (Read 24725 times)

seán_

Re: 2 diabolos, back/frontwrap suicide tutorial
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 12:22:07 AM »
TBH there wasn't a lot to it. Wes used a confusing Japanese convention of calling front wraps, back wraps and had to shoot in a cramped space so it was difficult to make out what was happening.

It was very welcome at the time (jan 05) since it was a cutting edge trick and ANY videos nevermind tutorials were thin on the ground. If you read through the earlier posts you should get tips on the move involved and other videos that will show you what the trick involved.

For those that want the crib notes the move is basically the little suicide that you do with your dominant hand from an anti-shuffle (usually simplest from a vortex)
So do a vortex, give it plenty , slightly lift and let go of the stick as the diabolo comes round grab the stick again*. more often than not you will have a front wrap so you will most likely need to vortex again to deal with it.

*Practice this suicide with 1d first, a lot of newschoolers  won't be aware of a lot of little moves like this seeing as they have been brought up on integrals and the like. Do it from a left stopover or reverse orbit as the diabolo travels along the string and towards the right hand you should feel a place where you can release the right stick so that it is forced to wrap the diabolo.

Video examples of the move include most videos with Marc Cabry in them and I do one in Short and Long at 44secs (with a natty charlie chaplin swing thrown in for good measure.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9yKfKvUmOg

Remember tutorials aren't always the guarantee to the instant ability to do a trick. The vast majority of tmoves should be easily worked out from watching any clip of the trick several times if you have the required skill level and trickbase for that move. Some things are a bit out of the ordinary and benefit from a dedicated tutorial.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 06:35:47 PM »
What helps a lot is not trying to ''throw'' the stick into a suicide, but use the force of the vortex. What I am trying to say is that yoiu should do a ''strong'' vortex so you can just let the stick slip out of your hand, instead of throwing it.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

smallocean

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 02:30:04 PM »
Thanks a lot!
But i still can't do the frontwrap vortex suicide :'(

I'm trying to do the vortex suicide, and everytime when I want to let off my right stick, the two diabolos just fall off Cry, I've seen the tutorial video for almost forty times, but i still don't know how to solve this problem. Huh

Could anyone please help me?

thanks.

smallocean

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 12:38:39 AM »
Could somebody please explain what a "strong" vortex is?
I can do short and long vortex, but i just don't understand what a "strong" vortex is. ???

please help me, i really want to do the frontwrap vortex suicide!
thanks

seán_

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 10:50:14 PM »
strong = give it some
weak = just (or not) enough

smallocean

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 12:20:59 AM »
seán_, I don't know what you mean(sorry, my english is poor :'(), would you please explain it again?

thanks

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 10:53:37 PM »
''strong'' vortex = unwrapping with some (more) force.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

smallocean

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 07:30:30 AM »
seán_,Marijn, thanks for your help.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal