Author Topic: BJC2006 20-23rd April  (Read 11797 times)

Chiok

• Donator
BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 12:03:51 AM »
Sorry to hear it Pete, could have tried out for the BYJOTY comp.

But you won't have exams come EJC time, will you?

Chiok
(Vote Foreign!)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Pete

• VotW Contributor
BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 07:41:37 AM »
Quote from: Chiok
But you won't have exams come EJC time, will you?

Exams no, but unfortunately because it was brought forward to get a bigger venue it now pushes into school time and to make things worse its on the last week of my work experience. However i may still find a way to get around this...

:cry:
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Sambo

BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 08:11:09 PM »
Damn all of you at the British!!!

At least I have a performance piece to work out for tomorrow to keep my mind off you lucky so and so's.

Grrr...

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 09:03:13 PM »
:(  Sucked coming home from it early, wish i didn't have this kayaking course to do...even though it was good fun today.  Wish I was back at the BJC though, had a proper laugh and an awesome time even if I did miss the majority of it all.

O and I just want a quick rant about trains from bodmin, because they suck the huge big fat one...ok so maybe I should've been on time for the one I was meant to catch, but that was no excuse for somebody to dump a car on the track in front of the one I caught and then let the rail company ship me off to bristol when I could've caught a train from Exeter which we went past  :evil:

Ok, got that off my chest, convention was awesome from what I experienced, peace out.

ztt

• VotW Contributor
BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 06:16:06 PM »
the convention was awsome and so was the show.

the highlights for me were :
winning the chance to berform at the crawley convention throught byjoty which will be awsome
watching ryo
getting 20 + throws at 3d in 1 hand
coming second in best trick

bad things
none apart from i missed the last day so i missed ryos 3d workshop  :cry:

overall a great convention and congrats on john for winningg byjoty
zack turner

looby

• Donator
BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 08:09:53 PM »
Quote from: ztt

winning the chance to berform at the crawley convention throught byjoty which will be awsome
watching ryo

bad things
none apart from i missed the last day so i missed ryos 3d workshop  :cry:

Vid please! :wink:
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

David LH

BJC
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2006, 11:09:41 PM »
This year the BJC was amazing! (as always  :wink:  )

Public Show

The public show was brilliant! I especially liked the fantastic devilstick routine and of course Ryo Yabe's immense diabolo finale! John (Last years byjoty winner) did very well, his act was original and technically impressive.

Volunteering

I arrived early on the weds and helped a little with the fences etc. Mum and dad clocked up over 20 hours on regestration between them! I ran four workshops, which was fun! (especially zen wrestling) It was rewarding to help with the BJC! so for those who didnt do any volunteering do some next time! seriously, volunteer it is good :-)

Matt Hall

I think Matt always deserves a mention because in my opinion he brings a lot to conventions. His workshops are always top notch, really enjoyed the Kendama matt! I am sure all will agree that the workshops with matt and yabe were priceless! (and Matt, look, over, THERE!)

As always at British conventions there was an extremely good turn out of diaboloers! I am sure that everyone went away having learnt at least one new trick!

Hope that everyone else had such a good time as i did, see you all in Ireland for the EJC!

David LH
So thats how you do three diabolos!

William

• VotW Contributor
Best trick? BYJOTY??
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!3 QUESTIONS!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Who did get the best trick??

2) What was it??

3) Does anyone have a video??

4) Who was the BYJOTY??
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Ginger_Tom

BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 11:55:44 AM »
If only I had the money to go!
I didnt end up at the british due to lack of funds so am gutted, what with having a solid routine and everything!
I'm not gonna let the routine go to waste though as I'm going to film it and post it on here.
Question:

Who won BYJOTY????

Just wish i could've been there.

As for the S-fan, if your worried about your arms getting tired, use unweighted finesse, they have great stability and dont even feel like your using them, although i'm having no trouble knocking them out for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages with Circi and teflon hubs, and I actually find the weight reassuring.

S-fans rule!!!!
Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!

Ginger_Tom

BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2006, 11:58:55 AM »
Bah! And we have an under construction website I didnt even know about.
Excellent . . . . .
Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!

seán_

BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2006, 02:55:29 PM »
Got back last night and I'm knackered.

I really enjoyed it, Great to meet up with everyone again and to meet some new people. The diaboloing was awesome, I had a few goes on the renengade stage after saying I wouldn't bother (cheesy tricks, beercan diabolo and a not so cheesy hard trick)

BYJOTY was great and the best trick was really fun.

Zack got second in best trick with a 3d sun (6 mills mess flash won I think), he also had a hell of a lot of votes, missed out on a silver but scored a spot in the crawley public show (quite a big thing so congrats). Marc had a torrid time with a damp string from hell which was a pitty because his stuff is awesome, he got joint third in best trick with two moves, double hloop suicide piro and a fans mulit antisuicide combo type thing. Chris from brum represented well and was great company during the convention. Toms juggling routine was great to watch, as was Norbis of course, Norbi scores a place in the BJC next year so congratulations.

Loads of awesome stuff going down, some great workshops and lots fun. Make sure your all there next year.

Sean
P.s Ryo Yabe rules

hammerhead

BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 05:11:40 PM »
bjc ruled, i loved the whole thing and was pleasantly surprised by the number of diaboloists :D

Chiok

• Donator
BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2006, 07:30:07 PM »
I'm gonna post a HLGCB but in the style of Diabolo.ca, it'll be diabolo related:

High: Meeting some fantastic diaboloists and old favourites (Matt Hall, Seán, Tom, Tempei, Ryo, Matt, John, Barnesy, Guy Heathcote and Norbi), Hall-sensei's numerous workshops, vertax passing just for a bit with JGherkin, seeing Matt Hall pulling off a future vertax TOTW, Yabe's flawless evening performance, Tempei's renegade and everyone's BYJOTY performances.

Low: Missing Ryo's 2D workshop because I was late arriving, not having a 3rd diabolo to try with.

Goal: A better 2 high with tricks, find out why the All-round axle kit has a step, a vertax whip catch and a vertax genocide (tick, tick, tick, umm no).

Crush: All the volunteers and organisers for a great convention, and getting my diabolo signed by Ryo, Tempei and Matt (I need a new half-shell!)

Bane: That kid with the handsticks doing the "Have you seen my string trick?" Did he even have a diabolo? Not having enough film to record everything I wanted.  People thinking I was Ryo and then disappointing myself when I picked a diabolo up.

BYJOTY winner was a young kid called John Peat who performed a somewhat droppy ball routine, but his kickups into patterns made it all the worthwhile.  Zack Turner and Marc Cabry pulled some great routines as well as a guy I don't know (white finesses red string?) but were hampered by a sloping tent ceiling.  For a first time performance, it was amazing.  Tom Derrick's giant tennis ball routine was my favourite though.

And now I'm done, I'm gonna get a nap.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

ztt

• VotW Contributor
BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2006, 07:45:59 PM »
looby wrote:

ztt wrote:

watching ryo

bad things
none apart from i missed the last day so i missed ryos 3d workshop  

Vid please!  

i didnt get a vid at the convention but i filmed 1 when i got back
3 in 1 hand 25 - 30 ott
the link is
http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2DUMVFAVEDQV5107623F8XR04P
zack turner

hammerhead

BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2006, 07:50:52 PM »

Bane: That kid with the handsticks doing the "Have you seen my string trick?"

Chiok

he also did the 'would you like to see my card trick' and was the only person at bjc who got on my nerves

fadge

BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2006, 08:32:09 PM »
Quote from: hammerhead

Bane: That kid with the handsticks doing the "Have you seen my string trick?"

Chiok

he also did the 'would you like to see my card trick' and was the only person at bjc who got on my nerves

he wouldn't leave me and my mates alone with his card trick, coin trick or his diabolo handstick tricks! he didn't seem to do anything else apart from that.

I loved the BJC I met alot of the people from the forum and saw a few others and was really glad I got to see them. I learnt a few tricks from people as well. I can't wait till the EJC now!

Fadge

looby

• Donator
BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2006, 08:47:19 PM »
Quote from: ztt

i didnt get a vid at the convention but i filmed 1 when i got back
3 in 1 hand 25 - 30 ott
the link is
http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2DUMVFAVEDQV5107623F8XR04P

Oh my :shock:
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

madmanjuggler

BJC2006 20-23rd April
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2006, 10:09:07 PM »
I really enjoyed the convention and got back at 6pm today, i really enjoyed the impromtu trick endurance's with marco last night in the bar tent although him and norbi won most of them.

I thought the BYJOTY went really well considering it was only luke who was organising it so thanks to him. I enjoyed being on stage and it also gave me a good chance to talk to some jugglers that i normally wouldnt.

some great routines as well as a guy I don't know (white finesses red string?) but were hampered by a sloping tent ceiling. For a first time performance, it was amazing.

Yeah that was me i thought the routine went well except i just couldnt get into a sprinkler at the end for some reason which i think would have ended my routine quite nicely.

Chris from brum represented well and was great company during the convention.

Yeah seán_ it was quite good on saturday night at 5am trying different tricks after that poor renegade (apart from the guy with the contact balls and the condensed public show).

All in all it was a great convention and thanks to the organisers and Matt Hall who watched my vertax genocide attempts for ages on sunday giving me tips.

Chris.

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
BYJOTY 2006 and BJC
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2006, 12:03:13 PM »
Thanks to everyone from this forum who entered the BYJOTY show! Congrats to the title winner Jon Peat and his toes for securing the audience vote. He also won the best trick with a multiplex into 6 ball mills mess (though a short run).

Zyllan, Norbi, Tom Derrick and Arron Sparks got silver awards, and Arron took the judges' choice award too. Nobody was of a high enough standard to win a gold award (maybe next year).

Norbi won a place in next year's BJC public show.

Big respect goes out to Zack Turner who came second in the best trick competition, and also second in terms of audience vote count. How he didn't get a silver just for his amazingly high skill level I just don't know. Good job winning the Crawley award!

I voted for Tom.

See you all next year, where I'll be sorting out much higher value prizes for the award winners. Last year I secured hundreds of pounds worth of free vouchers, but that was sort of a one off (Butterfingers didn't come up to Perth, but still wanted to support the BJC in some way, and also Passe Passe alone sponsored the games in town, leaving the other traders with more goodies available). Next year I hope to raise various ammounts of money or vouchers to the tune of about 150 quid for the overall winner, 100 for each gold medalist/judges' choice, and 75 for silver. This is to bring the value of each award in line with the cash prizes on offer at the IJA Juniors Championships.

Have fun,
Luke

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal