Author Topic: Babache Performer Diabolo  (Read 8220 times)

Radium

Re: Babache Performer Diabolo
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 07:24:58 PM »
I know it may be very minor but the MB performers I've used have gotten extremely dirty, very quickly. Not the black scars (forgotten proper name name  ???) that you get on white 5 inch diabolos but dust and dirt it just collects and dullens the diabolo. I know it's minor but its annoying to get rid of the stuff constantly. I guess it's the thing its made of.

Radium
Why does a fallen diabolo make more sound than a vertax genocide?

Want a free PS3
http://ps3.f4e1.com/index.php?referral=1566

Radium

onewheeldave

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 04:02:51 AM »
I finally got round to acquiring a Performer diabolo- a nice blue one from firetoys.co.uk

Initial impressions are that it's very good- well made and, despite the extra size, I've found it good for all the stuff I normally do with one diabolo.

I like it enough to have just ordered another one, so i can try with 2 diabolos.

Although, having just had a go with the Performer and a Sundia, I got a hint of just how heavy 2 performers will be; I suspect that the practise sessions will have to be a lot briefer than when using 2 sundias/henrys/finesse :)

From initial impressions, I'd definitly recommend one of these to any diabolist who wants to have something a bit different.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 02:07:27 PM »
Here here. 

Mine's been a workhorse for about 2 years now, still love it for 1d, has a naturally wide axel/hub just from the sheer mass of the thing.  It hasn't suffered any damage either since the cup's a less grippier finesse rubber with the same durability. 

I almost lost it at Doncaster and the girl at lost property thought she saw me looking in the box meaning I was going to have to identify it better than its big and luminous.  Luckily I swapped over one of the brass screws ages ago so "the screws are different" was the clincher.  She almost looked dissapointed, blates wanted it for herself I reckon.  Funnily enough it was the only one I saw at the convention, shame since I was hoping to get a 2d shuffle going with them.

Good shout Dave
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

onewheeldave

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 01:58:14 AM »
Here here. 

Mine's been a workhorse for about 2 years now, still love it for 1d, has a naturally wide axel/hub just from the sheer mass of the thing.  It hasn't suffered any damage either since the cup's a less grippier finesse rubber with the same durability. 

Good to know that they're long lasting :)

On the other end of the Babache diabolo size scale, I've also got a couple of these-

http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/Mr_Babache_Mini__Arlekino_.html

with are very small indeed with a diameter of 2.5"

Trying to do a 2D shuffle with one of these and the performer, is a surreal experience (I've not succeeded yet).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal