Author Topic: Juggling Videos: MPEG compression with TMPGEnc  (Read 24402 times)

Juggling Videos: MPEG compression with TMPGEnc
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 12:18:43 AM »
The festival was excellent!  Unfortunately Sean couldn't make it at the last minute due to a family emergency.  We missed him very much, but still managed to pull of a great weekend.  Some highlights from the public show were Lana Bolin (IJA silver medalist), Maksim Komaro (amazing!), and an awesome diabolo routine from The Vanillatown Vaudevillians.  

In order to download those videos, first install Bitorrent.  Then open the .torrent files in Bitorrent (File -> Open torrent file).  They should now begin downloading.  Good luck.

Julian

martijn

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 07:21:40 AM »
(Sorry for the off-topic talk) but, where can you download those videos of the VJC?

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2005, 08:09:50 AM »
Martijn, the website is http://www.vicjugfest.com  

The highlights video tends to go on a bit long, but hey I didn't make it so I shouldn't comment.

Julian

seán_

working with mpeg 4
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 08:52:33 PM »
I have been given the loan of one of those toy DV cameras, it's chucking files out in MPEG-4. I can watch them but would like to edit and compress them. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about dealing with these files.
I have tried using binks & smacker to convert to avi, it just gets garbled, virtual dub doesn't want to know.

EDIT: actually they are classedas ASF files (some kind of M$ evilality :( ) more searching ahead.

thanks

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2005, 05:13:05 PM »
Jason Perry wrote a tutorial on rec.juggling about capturing and exporting video in Adobe Premiere as well as compressing the audio stream of an .avi file with TMPGEnc, which might be of interest.

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 08:14:09 AM »
Sorry ´bout bringing this topic up but my tmpeg doesnt any more support .avi files... And that quite sucks. Ok, I can use wmv  but it´s allready smaller.

I tried to reinstall it but it didn´t make any difference....

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 12:57:29 PM »
What format of .avi are you using Elmeri? TMPGEnc can't read many DV-AVI formats properly. In that case you will have to convert your DV-AVI into a completely uncompressed .avi format. The file size of the uncompressed .avi will be huge. 10 gigs for a 4 minute video would be about normal.

If you don't have that disk space you can also export your video with a codec such as XVID or DIVX but with a very high bitrate to preserve virtually all the quality at a fraction of the size. Then take this XVID or DIVX file and convert it to MPEG with TMPGEnc.

Hope that helps.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal