Author Topic: fixing the finesse  (Read 3319 times)

Tiki24

fixing the finesse
« on: January 26, 2006, 03:08:59 AM »
i have a finesse and a couple of days ago one of the cups came loose.  I tried tightening the skrews but that didn't seem to help.  If anyone knows any way to fix this or has had this same problem please respond.

fredo

fixing the finesse
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 05:16:45 AM »
What?! Even if you rescrew them, they come loose? If so, send/giv it back to your shop!

Matt_

• Donator
fixing the finesse
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 07:35:47 AM »
wow, that's fast. seems defective. or have you been taking the hubs and axles off over and over?

you could try to put teflon tape over the threads, that seems to keep screws secure for a bit.

Chiok

• Donator
fixing the finesse
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »
That does seem a bit strange.  The thread on the bolt should be short enough that it tightens up and squeezes everything together.  If it doesn't, then I have no idea.  You'll have to check your Finesse against someone elses taken apart to see if everything is the same size.

That's just strange.  Perhaps check the nut inserts don't have some junk or something inside the thread stopping the bolt hitting the bottom.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Ian

fixing the finesse
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:04:47 AM »
One of mine came loose at the hub but I just grabbed the whole cup, one hand on either side and gave it a twist. Put your thumbs on the centre of the hubs (over the allen nut) to hold everything together as you twist then it all moves as one. Mine's been fine ever since (about 2 months now). You may need to nip it up a bit with an allen key afterwards but I didn't bother.

I think there may be a balance issue as the marks on the cup rim are supposed to mean something but I didn't do anything to adjust it and it's okay.

hammerhead

fixing the finesse
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 05:29:17 PM »
you sure your finesse came with all the parts?
wasnt missing one of the black plastic washers that go on the outside?

fredo

fixing the finesse
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 07:30:32 PM »
Maybe you've got a larger axle and just forgot to change the screw when taking it out :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal