Author Topic: Silver Creek Jugglers---New video!  (Read 24698 times)

Hoop

Silver Creek Jugglers---New video!
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 08:40:37 PM »
Dear Matt, I don't know if I can make it all the way out there, but I will try to help you with suicides... First, swing your diabolo to your left or right.  When it reaches shoulder height, let go of the stick in the trailing hand.  It will make a revolution and return to your waiting hand.  If that is too difficult at first, try a chinese suicide... which is the same thing only started with a trapeze.  Once you have mastered these, I will teach you Hara Kiri, my super secret new Japanese suicide trick.  Maybe you can help me with a good way to learn conjugations for Japanese verbs?  
By the way, congrats on the string climb.  Keep practicing, and one day you will be the best diaboloist in the U.S.A. !  Maybe.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006, 08:50:11 PM »
Quote from: Hoop
Dear Matt, I don't know if I can make it all the way out there, but I will try to help you with suicides... First, swing your diabolo to your left or right.  When it reaches shoulder height, let go of the stick in the trailing hand.  It will make a revolution and return to your waiting hand.  If that is too difficult at first, try a chinese suicide... which is the same thing only started with a trapeze.  Once you have mastered these, I will teach you Hara Kiri, my super secret new Japanese suicide trick.  Maybe you can help me with a good way to learn conjugations for Japanese verbs?  
By the way, congrats on the string climb.  Keep practicing, and one day you will be the best diaboloist in the U.S.A. !  Maybe.

I really hope you're the sarcastic type
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Hoop

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 08:56:15 PM »
Well, it wasn't really meant to be sarcastic, just a word of encouragement.  I think it's cool that an older guy like him can get into something like diabolo.  We all had to start somewhere, and the guy is trying!  You never know, we may end up seeing him at some juggling conventions or even competing!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2006, 09:00:24 PM »
Have you actualy watched the video this thread is about? He is quite possibly one of the 20 most skilled diaboloers in the world!
Behind your back is your front.

Mr_Mistoffelees

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 09:06:53 PM »
should i fall off my seat laughing? :P

or... i could take hoop seriously, and laugh even more... :D

Hoop

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 09:07:55 PM »
I didn't see anything in that video that would substantiate that claim.  I didn't watch all of it, I was busy working on my newest hoop routine, but I did see him throwing his diabolo down and getting it caught in a tree.  I just don't want him to get discouraged like that.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »
:D  Dear me
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2006, 09:14:42 PM »
I think your taking the mick you did see him doing 3 high and some nice 2 and 1 diabolo tricks and you still think he was being serious about the suicide?

Hoop

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2006, 09:19:48 PM »
Guppy, what is the mick?  I didn't see that stuff, I just answered his question.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2006, 09:21:25 PM »
Sorry  it's an English phrase/expression maybe you should watch the vid again?

Hoop

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2006, 09:24:01 PM »
English as in British?  Is that some toxic substance?  I can't watch it again, I'm at work.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
Yeah British It's a slightly more polite way of saying taking the piss. Well, watch it again i think he is slightly beter diaboloist than you might think.

seán_

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2006, 09:55:01 PM »
Quote from: Hoop

Please keep on topic and find the correct threads for tricks ;)
BTW have you a video of you doing Hari Kiri, Send it to Sean we always want  tricks for VOTW

@Matt, very sweet moves Sensei, The Scottish missed you... and whats with all the prop abuse? Something you picked up from your students or the other way around?

Nice video Lads, you should see about getting a school exchange between your school and the one 2cups go to, they could do with some lessons on cigarboxes, theyre ok on diabolos though :P

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2006, 10:06:17 PM »
Quote from: Matt
Dear Hoop,

I'd really appreciate it if you could make it to Silver Creek and help me out with suicides. I just can't quite make them work.  I did get the string climb the other day though, so I'm stoked!   :D

Matt

OWNED!   =D>

Quote from: seán_
and whats with all the prop abuse? Something you picked up from your students or the other way around?

im pretty sure it's the other way around...although, to his credit, Chris never gets pissed....the worst thing i ever heard chris say/do while diaboloing (cover your ears) was, aw..you suck. *drops sticks*

Hoop: you ever heard that phrase about people laughing with you and people laughing at you? you're being laughed at  :roll:

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2006, 02:19:09 AM »
Quote from: Matt
Dear Hoop,

I'd really appreciate it if you could make it to Silver Creek and help me out with suicides. I just can't quite make them work.  I did get the string climb the other day though, so I'm stoked!   :D

Matt

Haha, nice one sensei!

Quote from: Matt_

im pretty sure it's the other way around...although, to his credit, Chris never gets pissed....the worst thing i ever heard chris say/do while diaboloing (cover your ears) was, aw..you suck. *drops sticks*

Heh, yeah... actually I noticed I tend not to get as pissed off as I used to. Man dude, you would have hated to see me at home when I first started practicing 3d(and was having absolutely no progress with it at the time btw). I used to get so freakin pissed off... which is why I have a hole in one of my walls from kicking it out of pure anger  :? . But then again 3 diabolos was pretty much like one of the first juggling props I learned 3 with, other than a crap 3 ball cascade at that time. And I think my green diabolo became somewhat lop sided from me throwing it as hard as I can against the ground one day... jeez.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

jake

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2006, 09:48:46 AM »
i love your video guys...the cigar box guy is so totally awesome too...

sick diaboloing Chris, Matt, & Matt  ;P

i cant wait to come up there and diabolo with you guys...ill feel like im the in the presence of diabolo gurus!

so yeah loved the vid! loved the music! loved the whole thing!

Llama_Bill

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2006, 11:02:04 AM »
Great video again, the best yet all the tricks were great and every one of you is very skilled.  The music was a little different but if Thomas Dietz can use Basket Case by Avril Lavigne and Wannabe by Spice Girls then I can let you off and it is starting to grow on me now.  Matt H you should of done a string climb instead of that sweet genocide combo (or did you learn the sting climb after the video) and instead of the 531 (my favourite 3 object site swap) you could of put more effort into throwing one diabolo really really high.  Is it too late to move to Silver Creek and start Japanese?  No one show Hoop Matt H's WJF routine or any other videos of Matt Halls, it's more fun having someone make a fool of themselves in front of everyone.

Bill.

P.S. I did like Matt H getting the diabolo stuck in the tree, how did you get it down?

My longest post ever.
Bill.

Hoop

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2006, 05:38:04 PM »
You guys are pretty funny!   XFirebladeX knows what's up!  Silver Creek, please make some more videos, especially with that old guy!  I've seen Matt H's videos, and that guy is a breakdancer, not a juggler.  The old guy would school him in diabolo, string climb and all.  Plus, that teacher has more hair than Matt H and me put together!

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2006, 06:49:43 PM »
Quote from: Llama_Bill
P.S. I did like Matt H getting the diabolo stuck in the tree, how did you get it down?

i thought i had the hops to get it down, but alas, no (i was close though!) so we just found a broken branch and poked at it.

Hoop

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
I think I posted on another thread awhile back about getting my sticks caught in a tree.  Never did get them back down.  I ended up with a rake, a broom, a patio chair and a pack of keebler chips deluxe cookies stuck up there with my sticks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal