Author Topic: Aluminium Dowel  (Read 3370 times)

seerzy

Aluminium Dowel
« on: February 09, 2006, 07:57:54 AM »
Hello all

I wanna know if yous know where to buy aluminium dowel. And no not in hardware shops. And dont be specific unless that shop is in Aussie.

Cheers :D

Chiok

• Donator
Aluminium Dowel
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 11:38:17 AM »
I think you'll want to be asking for Aluminium Round Bar.  Dowel is something made of wood.  I don't understand the problem with a hardware store, the little self-owned places normally have a good stock of materials.  A place near me in the UK is now my supplier.  It supplies alot of metal for various metal works (plate, sheet, bar, square, tube etc).

Failing that.  Look in large hardware store chains (we have B&Q and Homebase here in UK).  If you look for the Ironmongry aisle, there might be a place where they keep such things.  Can't be anymore specific without looking around Australia.

Or if you don't feel like buying "new" bar, look around in dumpsters of various industrial looking manufacturing companies.  You might find something you're looking for in some different form.  Try and wear gloves, and take a magnet.  Aluminium is a dull light grey colour whilst steel is normally a darker grey.  Stainless steel isn't magnetic, but it being quite shiny normally gives it away.  And the weight should be an indicator too.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sean

• Administrator
Aluminium Dowel
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 04:06:17 PM »
Hobby shops will often carry (or be able to order in) aluminum tubing and bars.

Darragh

Aluminium Dowel
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 09:21:17 PM »
ill be in sydney on monday
ill bring some aluminum rod over with me if you want then we can go do some diabolo
thats if you live  in sydney i guess
From lost to the river

seerzy

Aluminium Dowel
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 05:39:51 AM »
I dont live in Sydney. Me liv in Bathurst. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal