Author Topic: 2d loop Starts  (Read 7168 times)

Squiggle

2d loop Starts
« on: February 10, 2006, 06:16:56 AM »
Hey I've been practicing loop alot lately and been wanting tostart with two.

I was just wonderin what the most effective methods wouldbe andif there are any that you guys know off that are *exclusive* to loop

Thanks.

Squiggle

barnesy

• Administrator
2d loop Starts
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 10:24:06 AM »
Here's what I've currently got on 2diabolo.net about that: http://2diabolo.net/?page=21

I tend to use the left hand throw in if I want to get two going inside a loop, or standard 2d type stuff if I want two on top of the loop.

Squiggle

2d loop Starts
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 10:34:12 AM »
Thanks Barnesy

Just another question..

To speed up the diabolos do you just make the pattern speed themup ?    (if you know what i mean).

Thanks again,
Squiggle

barnesy

• Administrator
2d loop Starts
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 10:41:01 AM »
Yeah, I think all the two loop stuff I do is open string stuff.  Wraps are possible, but fiddly and inefficient.  Or at least they are for me.

It's fairly simple to get a lot of spin just by putting a lot of power into the shuffle.  If you want 'em fast, make 'em go fast! (to paraphrase Dave P).

Squiggle

2d loop Starts
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 10:47:30 AM »
Ok , thanks

I will try out some stuff this weekend and see how i go and what tricks i come up with.

Thanks.
Squiggle

barnesy

• Administrator
2d loop Starts
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 10:50:34 AM »
Cool.  It's an area of diabolo I'd like to see more of.  It's pretty simple to get started with it, but I reckon there's a lot of stuff that can still be discovered.

tomangleberger

• Donator
2d loop Starts
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 04:21:48 PM »
Glad to see this topic.

Barnesy made it look so easy I thought I would be doing it in no time.

The normal starts all seem difficult (in a frustrating way)for various reasons.

I experimented a bit with rolling both diabolos on the floor, using various string configurations. Didn't come up with a silver bullet.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
2d loop Starts
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 05:39:32 PM »
I've found that rocket starts work weel if you string it up properly.
Wrap accelerations seem impossible to me to, shuffling seems the best way to me.
I agree, 2d loop seems to have alot of potential but alot of things seem very hard at first. But then so does everything.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Sambo

2d loop Starts
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 06:05:24 PM »
When I first started playing it was with loop. If you want to learn another effective start check out the Yukky loop video. I think Arjan might be able to host it though I'm not sure.

Sambo

Scooby

2d loop Starts
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 08:23:30 AM »
what about corrections???
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

Squiggle

2d loop Starts
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 08:25:23 AM »
Use your fingers as sticks  :D

Pete

• VotW Contributor
2d loop Starts
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 07:30:39 PM »
I love correcting with 2 on a loop. Its really fun. You can really feel the diabolo as it turns, geat fun. Its really simple, try it a few times, it doesn't take long to master if you can do 2d corrections normally. You can also use it two correct 2 in one hand if a situation where you should need to correct 2 in one hand should arise.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

DanielBeaver

Re: 2d loop Starts
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 07:34:14 PM »
I agree, correcting 2 in a loop is fun and easy (hands-on!). I would almost suggest that people learn correcting two with their hands before they start sticking their sticks into the shuffle, as it really gives you a feel (pun intended) for it.

On the topic of starts; I usually just throw it in a manner similar to barnsey's 2in1hand throwing (but with a loop). Here's an example from his site: http://2diabolo.net/media/2in1handthrowin.mpg

It is possible to do a wrap start, and something resembling wrap acceleration, but it's very... weird. And it does not work that well for me so far. I will try to get a video up when I get around to it.

P.S. Sorry about the thread necromancy.

LaNgErZ

• Donator
Re: 2d loop Starts
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 06:13:32 PM »
wraps are fiddly with two, i tend to use 2 spinab jrs and wraps are alot more comfortable, i sort of trap a piece of string in between my thumb and palm. it seems to give you a little more control, i think anyway,

lz

yukky uses jrs too incase anyone was wondering
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal