Author Topic: Swinging (Remis' poi type move)  (Read 5517 times)

Spooned

Swinging (Remis' poi type move)
« on: August 06, 2005, 09:19:13 PM »
Ok, i dont know what the trick is called or even how you go about doing or entering into it. Its in the diabology trailer at 1:54. If anyone here knows how to do it or can make a video tut that'd be very kind.
Thanks for your help  :)
Diabolo or Diablo

martijn

Swinging
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 09:24:52 PM »
If you buy Diabology, (you don't have it yet? :o ) you can see how Trash does it (it's the sprinkler duicide right?) in his freestyle video with Remi.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Swinging
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 12:10:04 AM »
tutorial of that trick? good luck mate, i once pulled it off by accident (independant of Trash and infact about a month before i saw the trailer, was gutted to find i wasnt the only one [as always]) Someone might have practised it though, i look forward to seeing someone else do it, any takers?

Matt_

• Donator
Swinging
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 12:40:27 AM »
wow, you were interested in that trick from the 2 seconds you saw of it in that video? you have a keen eye :P

i suggest buying diabology, they even have it in slow motion already for you...

Spooned

Swinging
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 12:37:51 PM »
It isnt a sprinkler duicide, its the trick after, i got a pic of it:

I know the quality is rubbish but you get the idea.

I will soon be in possession of diabology, i dont have it because i have no money :oops:
Diabolo or Diablo

Mattias

Swinging
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 12:43:54 PM »
Ah, I believe that is called "Swinging".
There is a "tutorial" on Priams site: http://www.diabolobypriam.fr.st/
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Spooned

Swinging
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 01:18:46 PM »
Well, thanks alot Mattias. Never thought id get a vid thats awesome stuff though  :)
Diabolo or Diablo

lutin

Swinging
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 12:40:07 PM »
Yes, the name of the trick is "swinging".
There are at least 3 swinging :
 - the basic one
 - the "over the head" (diabolos go up, then in the back of your head, then up again, then in your front again)
 - the "around the world" (the hardest I think, 3 swinging mouvements, one to the right, one in the back (you turn too), on to the left ending in the front).

Very hard to make a tutorial of the trick (in english it is harder), here are a few clues for the basic swinging :
 - need a Lot of speed ;
 - there must be the same length of string for each diabolo and no string between your hands ;
 - trick start with the left hand going up ;
 - diabolos must be in opposite direction (as if there were a stick between the diabolos)
 - the diabolos must stay in the same plan : you move a lot (in front then in back)
 - you can practice the trick with no speed (I did that a lot because i am bad with swinging clubs)
 - Finesse diabolo with larges axes make it easier
 - with a huge speed you can do 3 or 4 swinging in a row. With japanese diabolos you can do much more

Lutin

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Swinging
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 01:08:36 PM »
hey, welcome to the forum Lutin. Great to have another of the Posse in here. And what an apt avatar for your first post.

Spooned

Swinging
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 02:45:15 PM »
Thanks Lutin. The hardest part i've found so far is the entry. I can do the double armstall but not the take back of the main diabolo. Well ill keep trying!
Diabolo or Diablo

Niclas

Re: Swinging
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 12:04:40 PM »
Something more about swinging?
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal