Author Topic: 5 days Advanced 2D Workshop in Berlin, before the convention  (Read 5637 times)

Priam

• VotW Contributor
5 days Advanced 2D Workshop in Berlin, before the convention
« on: February 20, 2006, 01:40:24 AM »
Because I want good diabolists to come, please apologize me for promoting this :

From the 22th to the 26th of May 2006, the Katakomben Juggling School in Berlin (Germany) will host the first 5 days 2 diabolos workshop of ever, with Priam PIERRET (me).

Here is an extract of the information on the official website http://jonglierkatakomben.de/en :
2 DIABOLOS: TECHNIQUE, RHYTHM AND CREATIVITY WITH PRIAM PIERRET

The 2 diabolos technique has been increasing very fast in the past few years, the concept of rhythm and siteswap theory have been introduced, and many new trick concepts have been developed, generating hundreds of new tricks .

After introducing the new concepts and terms, we will review the main families of tricks with 2 diabolos, and we will use creativity methods to extend these families.

The last day is dedicated to the learning methods of 3 diabolos (high, low, start, shuffle, tricks).

2pm - 6:30pm each day, €180 (inc. all day room use)

About Priam PIERRET:
Professionnal diabolist for few years with 2 cabaret acts, he directed "DIABOLOGY", the diabolo DVD made by the best french diabolists (The Mad French Posse). He creates dozens of tricks with 1 and 2 diabolos, and he was the first to use the siteswap theory applied to diabolo to creates many new 3 diabolos moves. As a computer science engineer, he developped DSSS, a diabolo siteswaps simulator, and he's teaching worshops across Europe since 2002. Priam placed 3rd to the WJF diabolo world championships in 2004, and he is now working on a long show for theaters.

And that's not all folks, the Berlin Juggling Convention (one of the best in Europe, considering that Berlin is the most juggling city of the world) starts the 25th of may until the the 28th, so you can combine long workshop + convention + discovering the wonderful city of Berlin (where there is a different juggling meeting every evening).

I really hope to have diabolists as good as possible, to go as far as we can. The language of the workshop is english spoken by a non native speaker, so it is understandable by all the non native english speakers of Europe. The school can also provides rooms for cheap. If you are interested, don't lose time to register since there a limit of 12 participants, and most of the workshops in the Katakomben are full.

For workshop information / registration:
workshops@jonglierkatakomben.de
or contact the director Alan Blim
Telephone: +49 (0)30 - 44 03 68 79
Mobile: +49 (0)172 - 32 26 826

The Katakomben Juggling School
Monumenten Str. 24
D-10965 Berlin
GERMANY

Thanks to let me advertise this event,

Priam

Alex

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 03:58:02 AM »
My god, this sounds amazing.  If only I had a way to get to Berlin...  :(

I don't suppose there's any chance of any of this being recorded and put on the internet, or even made into a DVD, for those of us who have no chance of attending?

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 01:53:47 PM »
I think that it´s a good idea, this year at the Bilbao convention(Spanish biggest convention) we have done the similar thing, intensive workshops before the convention, including a Viktor Kee routine workshop(Juggler from Cirque du Soleil).
But i find the Berlin convention ones very expensive if you want to stay there during workshop and then the convention.......
I gave a 15hours intensive workshop [skills of 1, 2 and 3 diabolos, well i´m not Priam but i´ve some skills]
and it was only 20€ each person, the Viktor Kee ones was 30€...the Priam ones is 180€!
Very expensive.
Ciao

seán_

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:08:55 PM »
Bump

I'm of to the Priam workshop (yay for lack of job training oportunities in the UK and an understanding boss).
Basically I'm bumping this to ask if anybody else on the forum is going to this and to ask who is going to the Berlin convention
Sean_

martijn

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 08:13:46 PM »
That is way cool! Have fun there Sean! Perhaps it would be nice if you wrote a short review of the workshop after homecoming. :)

seán_

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 08:41:06 PM »
I'll try my best. I'm looking forward to it and I  am considering dusting off the henrys since this is serious diaboloing :)

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 09:11:03 PM »
I wont attend the workshop, but I'll be at the convention, hope to see ya there

Arjan

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 09:40:04 PM »
I sooooo wish I could be there. But I have other stuff to do unfortunately.
I would like to hear a review indeed! Hopefully Priam will be doing this (or any other) workshop again. The one in Slovenia wich I joint was very good. It was only a 1 or 2 hour workshop, I can`t imagine how the masterclass will be  8)

Yeah, use circus`s!  :D

seán_

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 10:39:04 PM »
Quote from: Valium
I wont attend the workshop, but I'll be at the convention, hope to see ya there

I look forward to meeting you. You'll be the old lady giving people the middle finger?

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 10:57:43 PM »
Quote from: seán_
I look forward to meeting you. You'll be the old lady giving people the middle finger?
Ha!  Magic.

Gawd, advanced 2D workshop, can you imagine how vast and mind-expanding that could be with Priam?  Indeed a review or if possible a brief overview would be appreciated so we could all bask in his wisdom.  Plus we'll expect you to emerge from the workshop and convention as an upgraded model.

Sure has it's perks doing what you do.  Hope you got the b*****ds that stole the stuff.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 10:17:05 AM »
Quote from: seán_

kinda like that, if I get a mask that looks like a granny  :roll:
share some priam wisdom with me at the convention ;)

Flo

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 06:18:22 PM »
I'll come to the convention, too. :) :)
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who'll be there!
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

kago

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »
nice that some of you are planning to come to berlin!
unfortunately i cannot attend the workship, although i live in berlin and the
"journey" wouldn't be that much of a problem...

maybe we should mark a spot at the convention with a "diabolo.ca"-flag so
that all of us user can meet there  :D

Flo

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 03:19:37 PM »
Good idea, i think the flag's name will be "Priam" ;)
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal