Author Topic: Vertax Minigenocide, Help needed  (Read 5796 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Vertax Minigenocide, Help needed
« on: March 23, 2006, 06:19:33 AM »
Hey everyone!

I'm not sure if this type of subject has been brought up before but I'm having heaps of trouble with vetax minigenocides. I can get into them, catch the diabolo on the string, but it never keeps spinning after I catch it and just goes to the end off the string..

Any advice from anyone with some experience in vertax?

A tutorial would be great! *cough* :wink:

Thanks in Advance!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Vertax Minigenocide, Help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 11:36:24 AM »
Do you mean minigenocides or genocides?

There are lots of people who could help you with the genocide, but I've never seen the minigenocide successfully pulled off. Then again, maybe I'm just underestimating the advancedness of your question. ;)

Hey, I might even put together something on the basic vertax genocide in a few weeks if no else jumps the gun. But, there are many people who are far more accomplished with vertax genocides than me.

martijn

Re: Vertax Minigenocide, Help needed
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 11:41:21 AM »
Quote from: Sean
There are lots of people who could help you with the genocide, but I've never seen the minigenocide successfully pulled off.

Hey! I have! :) It's really not very different from the regular one though. I didn't know you had the excalibur genocides consistent Sean? That's great, because mine are also getting more solid. I don't have the chance to film it... so if you'd like to, that would be great. Thanks!

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 11:45:24 AM »
yes you have sean.  Remember in fred's video posted for trick of the week sometime on jongle.net and he did the vertax mini genocide?  

Josh

martijn

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 11:47:52 AM »
Ah yes, Fred also does it, and he has it on cam. He can do it much cleaner than I can. I once pulled it during practise. Good times 8)

nev

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 01:43:47 PM »
and 7th Lord does a nice one (in slow-mo) right at the begining of this video http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1292
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 10:45:05 PM »
I havent seen this videos or dont remember it but do they/you do the minigeno like the normal one with switching the sticks? I usually do that trick with magic knots until the diab is on the darkside of the string, well I barely catch the stick

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 12:25:36 PM »
Throw the diabolo up, then do a 2 handed whip which ends in crossed strings.

Sean, i can't believe you said that you hadnt seen you, tutut.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal