Author Topic: Ideas for a Diabolo "Rap Battle" needed  (Read 3533 times)

eggy900

Ideas for a Diabolo "Rap Battle" needed
« on: March 28, 2006, 05:22:11 PM »
VR have got a big show coming up and i've been given the task of choreographing and performing in a 4 man diabolo set. I came up with the idea of a rap battle after watching 8 mile at the weekend.

The general idea i had is two 'diabolo gangs' have a face off in the form of a battle / face off. A bit of solo work, doubles , synchronised stuff then a 4 man routine were my general ideas, all to some instrumental hip hop beat, with a couple of people taking on the role of MC, getting the crowd cheering, commentation etc.

We'll also have a short video on big screen to introduce each set so i need to get a video together to set the scene kinda thing.

In terms of music i've found instrumental versions of cypress hill - insane in the membrane and eminem - lose yourself as i think these will work well but i need a couple more too.

Clothing/costumes i'm thinking one crew are ballers and wear basketball jerseys and long shorts, the other crew maybe baseball caps and hoodies, not sure though.

Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, music etc. ? It would be most helpful.

Thanks
Eggy

Arjan

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:00:24 PM »
Think bling blinb, be bling bling. Nice idea, I hope it works out.

Jakob

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 07:57:07 PM »
Make it ganster style so that the diabolos are used insted of guns. And one thing .. Be sure to film it  :wink:
//Jakob

martijn

Re: Ideas for a Diabolo "Rap Battle" needed
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 09:52:25 PM »
Quote from: eggy900
In terms of music i've found instrumental versions of cypress hill - insane in the membrane and eminem - lose yourself as i think these will work well but i need a couple more too.

Try this song: Clawfinger - Biggest & The Best. It could work reall well for that kind of thing :) I like the idea, please film it, and good luck with it! :D

eggy900

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 11:03:34 PM »
it'll defiantely be filmed, we've got 4 film students on 4 cameras filming the whole show, live video will be projected onto the big screen throughout the show, i'm really looking forward to doing it

nezzybaby

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 02:33:51 PM »
instead of rap you could always aim for the breakdancing style of competition, think jason nevins vs run dmc.

make the diaboling quite big and in your face, think suicides going inches past  peoples noses, and umbrellas skimming over there heads, maybe an excalibur genocide makes the other team duck etc. Try to emphasise the concept of competition by having everybody take turns to do one trick and obviously work up from the poor to the very good. Sending two people up at a time to do some stuff in sync would be impressive.

for further research watch the south park episode "you got F'ed in the A"

martijn

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 04:53:34 PM »
Quote from: nezzybaby
for further research watch the south park episode "you got F'ed in the A"

You got served! lol, that's a great episode :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal