Author Topic: Henry's White Fibreglass/Carbons  (Read 5633 times)

looby

• Donator
Henry's White Fibreglass/Carbons
« on: February 23, 2006, 11:19:33 AM »
Not sure how long theyve been around since they havent been mentioned on here (dont take me up on that as it probably has).  Wow is all I can say, some very sexy sticks and for the same price.

Considering I havent tried the carbon or fibreglass sticks I may have to consider investing in a pair. How would you rate a transition from henry's alus to these handsticks?  If there isnt a major difference in weight/feel then I probably wont bother but I wouldnt mind knowing your thoughts.

EDIT* Ok I appreciate theyre the same as the usual black sticks, so this could turn out to be a pointless thread and apologies in advance but is there a major difference between the alus and these sticks in overall feel?
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 11:31:38 AM »
There has been some talk about the white Henrys sticks in various threads, mainly in with the white Diabig stuff here and there was also a post in the old Equipment thread before Sean tidied it all up and as normal, you can never find stuff once it's been tidied  :D  (great job though, I am appreciative).

Butterfingers is now selling the new white handsticks.  Don't know if it's on their site, but it's in their catalogue.  Same price as the black ones.

Personally.  I'd afraid of any stick that "could" fracture on me.  At least with aluminium, you can bend it back.  But the white does look sexy, I wonder if it's a silicone grip or white EVA foam?  A few people here have them.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

hammerhead

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 11:42:15 AM »
yeah, i cant stand henrys alu compared to carbon fibres. i love the lightness and the smoothness of the grinds. if you can deal with having to use more string i would difeinitely recomend them.
o, and they have them on www.firetoys.co.uk too 8)

fredo

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 12:35:57 PM »
The handle is just the same foam as on the black ones, but in white... A friend of my "Juggling Club" has a pair... Quite sexy :P

vara

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 01:10:28 PM »
Quote from: fredo
The handle is just the same foam as on the black ones, but in white... A friend of my "Juggling Club" has a pair... Quite sexy :P

so I imagine it became black (for the dirt...) very fast...
What have we found?
The same old fears,
Wish you were here...

ming

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:35:45 PM »
I have a set of both carbon and fiberglass, they're great exact same as the black ones, look well sexy, handles haven't gotten that dirty. the only down side is they've got either fiberglass or carbon fiber written the whole length of the stick its only small though.

Valium

• Donator
Re: Henry's White Fibreglass/Carbons
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:39:50 PM »
Quote from: looby
Considering I havent tried the carbon or fibreglass sticks I may have to consider investing in a pair. How would you rate a transition from henry's alus to these handsticks? If there isnt a major difference in weight/feel then I probably wont bother but I wouldnt mind knowing your thoughts.

imo they are alot better and sexier as the henrys alu (especially in white, I have them  8) )

JC

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 06:00:44 PM »
I have stocked them also in white, for me they are better than the bending aluminium ones.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

TyeTye

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 09:12:59 PM »
What about weight?

Do all these others...  nergies carbons fibers have similar weights to henry alums?  I'm a die-hard henry fan because i haven't found/tried another stick with the weight that's comfortable for infinites/mini gen's/regular suicides....

or perhaps it's just a matter of "getting used" to the new weights.....

So..   (Main Point)  what are the differences weightwise/suicidewise?

ming

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 09:24:04 PM »
Quote from: TyeTye

So..   (Main Point)  what are the differences weightwise/suicidewise?

Weightwise they're lighter but after a few goes you'll be able to use themlike they were your alu's

JyNo

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 11:03:42 PM »
I own a pair of long white fiberglass, they were very sexy!, but they broke in weeks of use.... :( , (by the way, the handles dont get as dirty as I thought they would)

Alex

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 09:10:41 PM »
I have a pair of short white carbon, and have had a pair of blacks for a while now.  I've not had any problem with them breaking, and I can be hard on sticks (I went through 3 pairs of wooden sticks in a week, once).  I love them.

Also, the white sticks don't leave black marks on white diabolos.  :lol:

nev

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 09:23:28 PM »
Quote from: Alex
Also, the white sticks don't leave black marks on white diabolos.  :lol:

Its not the sticks that leave the marks, it the diabs hitting each other, other than that I have the white short fiber ones which I like when playing on a dark floor for visibility.  The extremes are still my favorite though (though I'm yet to snap an end off so that may change)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

george

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 07:41:46 PM »
I find henrys carbon sticks great, however recently my younger bro found that his sticks had become increasingly bendy to the point where they snapped, under little force. Has any one else had this problem?- I'm guessing its a 1 off as mine have survived uber fast infinite suicides smacking into the ceiling!

Jakob

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 03:28:14 PM »
what is the big difference between fiberglass- & carbon fiber-sticks???
//Jakob

JC

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 03:58:39 PM »
There are two different materials from Henrys,
Carbon Fibre - carbon brings the stability,
the other sort is Glass Fibre - glass brings the stability.

The Carbon Fibre ones are more stable than the Glass Fibre ones.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 07:13:08 PM »
Umm, not sure what JC's point is exactly, but the big difference is that the carbon fibre sticks are stiffer than the fibreglass sticks.  Thus the fibreglass sticks bend more.

Both are liable to snap though, so be careful.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

JC

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 10:17:18 PM »
There are different materials, that was on which I pointed.
Sticks out of fibre glass are bending more than the ones out of
carbon fibre.

Jakob

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 11:39:51 PM »
thanks, but I got the point that they are made of different material from the name of the sticks  :wink:
Thanks Chiok for the explenation, It was what I was looking for, Now I just ordered a pair of fiberglass sticks (broke my old carbonstick in an attempt to a Excalibur geno ...)
//Jakob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal