Author Topic: Faulty evo charger for my finesse...  (Read 2396 times)

mabster

Faulty evo charger for my finesse...
« on: April 02, 2006, 07:22:09 PM »
Hi there,not sure wether to stick this here or in the diabolo bit.

Anyways a while back (October/November) I put a message up (on firetoys) saying that there was a fault with my light kit. One side was dimmer and losing its brightness a lot quicker than the other side.

More recently (past week as I have started diaboloing again)and have noticed that the lights on my green diabolo have appeared to be faulty.
Having noticed this I marked each side of the light units(4) A/B and the splitter A/B. After this I ensured that both diabolos were fully discharged and charged each one up fully.

I then waited....
One side on each diabolo clearly diminished a lot quicker than the other so I swapped batteries around (one set to another) and re did the same tests. As ever the same side went down quicker.

I then re-charged....
As ever one side dimished a lot quicker but this time one unit fully discharged and wont charge at all!! I tried puting it on charge but it would not charge and would not even come on when switched on while chargingI swapped the batties with another unit to make sure it wasnt a broken unit however it did not come on at all.

So I assume it is the splitter that is the problem. I shall test them some more over the next few days. Changing the combos AA, BB, AB, BA and see what happens. Its mind boggling that one group of battiers has totally died.
These batteries were also in the newer unit.

I'll be phoning firetoys in a few days to see about it but has any one else had this problem??

L8rs all

Mabs

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal