Author Topic: Practicing Indoors?  (Read 889 times)

jiemusi

Practicing Indoors?
« on: July 03, 2021, 01:06:12 PM »
Hi all,

Fairly new to the Diabolo. I unfortunately don't have a garden or open space right outside my house to practice, so to to learn many skills I have to go to a local park. Still not in the habit of doing that, so I've gotta make it a routine!

Since some of my time learning will therefore be spent indoors when I'm not getting outside, I was wondering if there are tricks that would be suitable for practicing indoors and for a relative beginner?

Not looking to break any windows anytime soon!  :-D

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: Practicing Indoors?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 08:02:39 AM »
Been out of real practice for a LONG time but practiced most of my time in my hallway when I lived at home so I feel suited to answer.

Do you have space to the side? Regular ceiling height or more room? You could put cardboard against the walls to not smash them up too bad.

Dk your exact level but slackstuff works well indoors (any yoyostyle trick). Some suicides and integrals (if you have the height/width required). Bodycombos work (I learned between/over the leg bounces in my hallway). Multiple diabolos and string control tricks ofcourse. If you can do two diabolos ("relative beginner"?) then there are quite a few tricks that can be done. Stopovers/infinite backwraps, vortex, slacks, suns, grinds you name it.

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 09:49:45 PM »
If you're practicing at home, you should practice on a carpet if possible, because otherwise you will probably damage the floor, especially if you are using diabolos made of harder plastic.
fluffy kitty

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »
If you're practicing at home, you should practice on a carpet if possible, because otherwise you will probably damage the floor, especially if you are using diabolos made of harder plastic.

For sure carpet. Also helps with the sound of the drops (kills ears in a confined area). Larger mat preferred and make sure it doesn't move (you want to get the feel of moving physically with the diabolo but you don't want the carpet to slip out from under you when you do that).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal