Author Topic: Fire diabolo pictures!!  (Read 8252 times)

Crazy_Clown

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« on: April 26, 2006, 09:56:48 PM »
Hey, I have a few quite cool pictures of me and a friend doing fire diabolo I wanted to share here but I'm not very good with computers and I wasn't sure how to upload them, could anyone please tell me so I can share them?

Thanks

Crazy Clown

-------------------
edit

Here is the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/73243714@N00/135530676/in/photostream/

It's the first time I take pictures of fire diabolo and it looks quite good, I hope you like them (there are a few fire poi/staff/juggling balls pictures too)
|)><(|

Matt_

• Donator
Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 11:23:26 PM »
there are tons of free image sites, like photobucket, imageshack, flickr, etc. just host em there and you're on your way.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 05:57:22 PM »
That picture is awesome what trick was it?
Behind your back is your front.

Graham

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 08:41:49 PM »
Awesome pics.
guppygould: it looks like a minisun-osiris sun, but it's hard to tell isn't it?

fredo

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 08:44:29 PM »
I'd suppose either front and between arms sun or sun>big sun... Looks GREAT!!! We want more!!!

eggy900

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 09:06:10 PM »
nice, i got one of a big sun, between arms, left and right sun, you should try that, it looks sick,

what fire diabolo is it?

Crazy_Clown

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 08:09:03 AM »
It's a big sun and between the arms sun. I'll take some more soon, i want to try even longer time exposure in the camera...
|)><(|

Domi

• VotW Contributor
Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 08:29:23 PM »
These pics are really good
 what diabolo is that

Ifrit

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 03:17:57 PM »
Nice pics you dont see many fire diabolo pictures about.
Another thing you never see is fire diabolo videos. I think i only ever seen 1 of JiBe doing 2 diabolo on fire.

Heres a few other pics ive/done, havn't used my FD is ages.

http://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showgallery.php?mcats=all&si=fire%20diabolo&what=allfields&name=&when=&whenterm=

Any1 else got any fire pics?

Crazy_Clown

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 11:37:52 AM »
I will have soon, I've been doing a bit of 2 fire diabolos, so I'll have some pics or a video soon. Im not very good at it though... i'll see what i can get
|)><(|

one.man.band

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »
Those pics are really great, i never seem to get that quality out of mine, because the longer your exposure is, the more still you have to stand, and then i end up with two or three faces ;)

I've found that that kind of picture is also quite effective with LED kits on finnesse's.
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

Phil189

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 02:17:04 PM »
Yeah lights on the finesse looks good, but fire is always better, but blue lights on a blue finesse is great
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

lost

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 02:52:26 PM »
Cool mate.
http://sane.forumup.gr (art lovers site)

Crazy_Clown

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 10:25:15 PM »
Cheers! There are a few new things to come! I'm trying something you'll all like, similar to a fire henry's jazz someone mentioned a few months ago here in the forum. It's a not very conventional way to adjust a henry circus to get a massive amount of fire and end up with our diabolo completely undamaged!! More details soon to come...
|)><(|

Phil189

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 11:06:37 AM »
I would have thought a lot of fire would damage the diabolo especaily the "henry circus" diabolo. would that diabolo be fire resistant i would think it would melt
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

Ifrit

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 02:39:03 PM »
lol there have been experiments with using normal diabolos with fire but they were not very successful so most ppl either buy a metal fire diabolo specifically built for the purpose like a comet or nesbit, or make a metal one for themselves. ive seen a few successful designs using metal bowels.

there was a non melt rubber diabolo on the market but i think that it got recalled cause it deformed easily. At least i know that’s why firetoys stopped selling them.

in answer to the original question i think it depends on the make/size of the wick, as well as the type of fuel.

I’ve got a Fyrefli Comet which is a nice midrange diabolo. it uses reservoir thing to hold the wick which is meant to make the burn longer but in my opinion it just makes the flames small and ****ty looking. Plus the axel is about 1cm across which sucks as it loses speed in seconds especially when using fire string which is ruff and sticky compared to nylon.

these problems can be overcome though. ive swapped the axel to a finger grind axel that i never used on my finesse and ive taken the reservoir off and now just use a concertinaed piece of wick like that of the nesbitt.

If i was to buy again i would go for either a Invinsa Square Fire Diabolo
or Nesbitt fire diabolo both of which can be found on http://firetoys.com/juggling/fire_diabolo.html

Phil189

Fire diabolo pictures!!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 08:19:50 PM »
only get a fire diabolo if you think you are up to it. it is very difficult to controll espaily without burning your self. only get one if you think that you could control it. but yeah they would be good if you where a pro and you whould be able to get used to it. it would be a good idea if your good. post some pictures if you get one or let us know how you get on.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal