Author Topic: Thank you for 3d help I fnally got it  (Read 4992 times)

Mick Lunzer

Thank you for 3d help I fnally got it
« on: May 12, 2006, 03:15:57 PM »
Hey, everyone! I just wanted to say thank you. I got 46 throws with 3d low sync pattern last night. I have been working on it for about a year and it is finally starting to click. It's the hardest trick I have learned (after juggling 20 years that is saying something) My point is through the frustration , confusion and long nights of crying myself to sleep at night due to lack of progress, my only light in the darkness of this 3d world was this forum. I relied heavily on this forum for advice, wisdom and encouragement. Thank you for your postings, videos advice and insights. This is a great community and I am happy to be a part of it.

Now, I have some 3d corrections to practice

Thanks again

Mick Lunzer,
Dew Drop Jugglers

seán_

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 03:23:09 PM »
I was going to be mr nasty mod and merge/lock this but I think 3 is a major thing. Congratulations.

Also Last night because of the lovely wether I started to play about with 3 high and got several qualifying plus runs so I want my congratulations too :)

Thanks for the tips that have come up here. I highly sugest the wrap start to high method, no alignment woes and good spacing.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 03:31:54 PM »
Good going, Mick.  I'm just starting to feel comfortable with corrections, so know how good it feels to be making good progress.  It's amazing how things change.  I think the forum has been a huge influence for me - it's provided a lot of answers, and has given me a lot of inspiration too.

And congrats to seán_ too.  I'm still too lazy to bother with 3 high!  Maybe I'll try to put some time into it at the BUC in Scarborough this weekend though.

Mick Lunzer

way to go!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 03:57:28 PM »
Thanks Barnsey. Congrats Sean!
I just started three high, how do you get into it from a wrap?

seán_

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:54:43 PM »
From a wrap start I get a good pop as if trying for a really big asynch pattern,  the diabolo that had the wrap gets thrown higher than the first one and the last remaining diabolo gets thrown up to 3 height then you should be doing 3 high from there on. I believe thats what happens, give it a try see what works for you.
My inspiration for trying this way was how Ryo Yabe described coming down from 3 high to low in an exponential curve, I just reversed the technique.

ztt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 09:29:10 PM »
congrats Mick Lunzer and congrats sean_ (im so jelous sean_, but have lernt from 3 low to high just cant keep it going in 3 high)
zack turner

Mick Lunzer

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 02:46:23 AM »
Sean,
Thanks for the tips. I will let you know how it goes.

Matt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 04:25:01 AM »
Hi everyone!

MICK!!!!  Way to go buddy!!!  46 throws....that's burly.  You da man.

I'm still in 3 diabolo high hell, meaning it's not clean enough or consistent enough to perform on stage yet.  Still, it's gotten solid enough that practicing it is not a burden.  

Yabe's workshop at BJC was good for me too.  I've modified my starts a bit and the transition from 3 high to 3 low.  

You know I'm stoked for you my brother.  Forward Portland!!!!

matt
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

Mick Lunzer

Thanks
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 04:05:39 AM »
Thanks Matt!
Thank You for all of your help on this quest too!
Nice to hear from you. Can't wait for Portland either

Sean, I tried the wrap start for 3d high. Way cool thanks for the tip. I got off nine throws on the first try. Not so many after that, but I think this will be quite a bit easier than 3 low.
I love this site!

-Mick Lunzer

Scooby

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 12:26:59 PM »
what do you think the main factor was between failing everytime then getting it?
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

Mick Lunzer

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 07:07:39 PM »
I really really wish I knew.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal