Author Topic: old Takahiro freestyle, with hyperloop!  (Read 7951 times)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
old Takahiro freestyle, with hyperloop!
« on: December 09, 2004, 08:33:15 PM »
Ok, sorry to bring an old topic back up (dunno, why i'm sorry, new evidence (although its not really evidence as such) is always good) but i thought it's about time someone looked at these old topics.

I found on my hard drive a vid i hadnt watched in litterally years, but it has a hyperloop on it! That's right, the traditional hyperloop, i just thought some of you might like to see it, its a forgotton trick that needs to be revived.

The video is off of Diarythm (although actually the vid is only linked to on the Japanese version of the site, so get rid of the /e/ if you wanna find it yourself) and is a freestyle (probably at some kind of comp, any help on this would be pointless but appreciated) by Takahiro Sugiyama.
The video is here

http://www.diarhythm.com/movie/sugiyamafree.mpg

Hope y'all like it (and are enlightened to the ways of the hyperloop)

Arjan

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 08:40:26 PM »
indeed, I have seen that! I agree that`s a old skool hyper-loop.

MattF

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 08:54:09 PM »
Thanks for posting that Norbi, i would have never found it as i have always looked at the english version of the site.

seán_

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 09:03:46 PM »
Surely you mean 'shuffle over'. if its the trick at 1.42.

The trick is one that I wish more people should try. I do it from time to time and Makky has a great version in Diaboloumbertos trick of the week
From the sprinklers/hyperloops/tourbillon thread
Quote from: Dave P

Until the book came out I called the stick in the triangle trick a "shuffle over" cos' it's a shuffle in a stop over, we (me and andy p/maybe others) had discovered hyperloop/sprinkler variations by that time also we just didn't give them a name.
I'd have to say that "hyperloop" would be the right name for any trick where the string LOOPS around both diabolos.

The trick is one that I wish more people should try. I do it from time to time and Makky has a great version in Diaboloumbertos trick of the week.

I get into the shuffle over  ;) by frontwrap, slow string climb to left stick trap, swing into shuffle over (or miss the stick into hyperloop) Like Makky, but have not been able to pull of his exit.

seán_

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 09:06:05 PM »
Quote from: Arjan
indeed, I have seen that! I agree that`s a old skool hyper-loop.

do the trick, its a shuffle within a triangle or stopover. No loop around the diabolos QED :)

Edit: youngsters, no respect for tradition tsk! ;)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 09:22:07 PM »
Cheers for posting that Norbi! I'd never seen that before. It does have relatively old school tricks in it.

I love how the cameraman just can't contain his excitement during the performance. :P

He seems to like working with slow diabolos a lot... maybe that's more of an old school thing too.

The evidence would point to that trick being called something other than a straight "hyperloop". "Shuffle over" seems like a reasonable term, seeing as how it comes from some of the originators.
Quote from: seán_
No loop around the diabolos QED

"QED" Ha! Pulling out the big words today, aren't we Seàn_ !  :wink:
And for all of you out there for whom English is not your first language (or rather Latin).

seán_

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 09:39:20 PM »
Quote from: Sean

He seems to like working with slow diabolos a lot... maybe that's more of an old school thing too.

go slow, love the flow. Speed kills I reckon.

The evidence would point to that trick being called something other than a straight "hyperloop". "Shuffle over" seems like a reasonable term, seeing as how it comes from some of the originators.

I wish more people would do it, its a shame when a trick gets forgotten. As the Makky trick shows there can still be developments from tricks that have been around a while

"QED" Ha! Pulling out the big words today, aren't we Seàn_ !  :wink:
And for all of you out there for whom English is not your first language (or rather Latin).

I was classically educated, not that you could tell from my spelling and grammar.

I might move this to the other thread before things start going a verbis ad verbera

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal