Author Topic: my first diabolo movie {3 and 4 diabolos}  (Read 23521 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
my first diabolo movie {3 and 4 diabolos}
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2006, 08:14:33 AM »
Quote from: Matt_

i highly doubt that the dude in this video sits around on his ass all day playing videogames and munching cheetos, and somehow magically can run 4 diabolos. it's a safe bet to say that he practices a lot.

alright, i'm off my soap box

I doubt that many people here sit on their ass, mumching Cheetos and playing video games. It's a good point to make though.
Behind your back is your front.

dekel a

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2006, 09:20:44 AM »
Quote from: Matt_
i've been reading all the responses to this thread since it was posted, and i cannot believe what i'm reading.

so many people are saying "oh man, i wish i was so good" or something in that vein. instead of being jealous and wishing, you should be taking that time to be outside right now practicing!

i highly doubt that the dude in this video sits around on his ass all day playing videogames and munching cheetos, and somehow magically can run 4 diabolos. it's a safe bet to say that he practices a lot.

alright, i'm off my soap box

come on matt do you really think that i'm doing diabolo all day.
just for exple in the last tow weeks {from the day of shoting the movie} i did for most 3or4 times diabolo and i'm spikin about  3 or 4 times onlly.
so dude befor you are write that is a "safe bat" to say that i'm practiced a lot , think about the time you are practice and find out if i'm practicing that much.

sorry for my english dekel

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2006, 10:08:55 AM »
He said that you practiced a lot, not all day.
The Vitamin Guy

Flo

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2006, 04:06:46 PM »
Calm down everyone! :D
I think the best about Diabolo (and juggling in general) is that there is no reason for being jealous! Everyone in the world can go out, start to practice and get some mindblowing skills (since he keeps on practicing)!
No injustice exists since everyone has started at the same skill-level!

So go out and practice everyone (and that's, what i will do now!) ;)

Flo

dekel a: nice skills, but i want to see you doing some 1d and 2d stuff ;)
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2006, 08:26:06 PM »
Quote from: guppygould
I doubt that many people here sit on their ass, mumching Cheetos and playing video games. It's a good point to make though.

lately, since my semester is over, i've been sitting around and watching movies and eating apples a lot...does that count?

fredo

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2006, 10:59:48 PM »
I'm not jealous at all (ok, maybe a bit :P), since I hardly practise 3d... (never tried 4 at all, btw). I don't like doing high very much and three low would be nice, but not as important as getting my fan solid e. g.(will pick up for my self this week and practise really)...

But nice skills denkel! Keep it on! :D

thank god he can't do unwrapped infinite suicides - the single thing that makes me jealous

martijn

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2006, 11:21:55 PM »
Well yeah, definitely learn the Fan before 3 diabolos! :?

Quote from: fredo
thank god he can't do unwrapped infinite suicides - the single thing that makes me jealous

Hahaha :P every time you talk about unwrapped infinite suicides I laugh my ass off :P

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »
:)  realy nice skill :) just 3 and 4 diabolo!! but realy nice because you're young and have a solid 3 low and high patern!!and of course 4 high

and for 1 and 2 diabolos do what you want!!! diabolo is free for all!!

anyone should do what he prefers to do!! to make 3high or 4 high you don't need to know how to make an infinite suicide!!

i don't understand why some of you want to see his 1 and 2 diabolos...  :shock: !! is it to compare to him and  to be assure that :" oh yes i'm better than him in another way!!"??

better or not.... you don't care of it if you don't do 3 low high or 4 high !!

just for saying that diabolo is not for me : 1 then 2 then 3 diabolos etc....  diabolo is not balls and that's why i love it :)

martijn

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2006, 12:18:39 PM »
Yeah, you've got a point there Tahia, but I do think, when it comes to numbers, diabolo is a lot like balls.

And the reason why I want to see his 1d and 2d skills, is because I think diabolo is not a numbers-object! Tricks with 1 and 2 diabolos are way cooler and more beautifull to see. :)

looby

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2006, 12:20:45 PM »
Quote from: Tahia
:)  realy nice skill :) just 3 and 4 diabolo!! but realy nice because you're young and have a solid 3 low and high patern!!and of course 4 high

and for 1 and 2 diabolos do what you want!!! diabolo is free for all!!

anyone should do what he prefers to do!! to make 3high or 4 high you don't need to know how to make an infinite suicide!!

i don't understand why some of you want to see his 1 and 2 diabolos...  :shock: !! is it to compare to him and  to be assure that :" oh yes i'm better than him in another way!!"??

better or not.... you don't care of it if you don't do 3 low high or 4 high !!

just for saying that diabolo is not for me : 1 then 2 then 3 diabolos etc....  diabolo is not balls and that's why i love it :)

Amen brother! I was going to say something along those lines but you've done a better job than i would have
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

dekel a

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2006, 12:22:59 PM »
tnx everyone for the good words and don't wori i will do a 1&2 diabolo video to......

fredo

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2006, 01:21:28 PM »
looking forward to it

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2006, 05:29:21 PM »
That is quite impressive, the first time I watched it, I wasn't really paying attention and only saw the bit at the end with you on your knees and wondered how you ran 3 low without hitting the floor; then you stood up...

Great skill there, I don't have any qualms about numbers, still impressive in a way all to itself.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2006, 06:03:24 PM »
Martijn, I don't know if way cooler and more beautiful is true for 1 and 2 compared to three. If you watch yabe and tahia work with three, I think it is just as cool and beautiful if not much more so than anything I've seen with 1 and 2.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

martijn

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2006, 08:22:41 PM »
Go and check out Buskonature... I like that 100 times more than a 522sun. Just my opinion...

fredo

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2006, 08:42:22 PM »
it's just a matter of personal preference, as martijn said...

Arjan

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2006, 08:50:07 PM »
Okay this whole thing woke me up:

In this discussion 2 types of video get mixed up and judged by different standards.
We have a technical video (just hard tricks, I.E. the origional video of this thread) and the more artistical montages.

It`s very important to keep these types seperate in discussion.

I always prefer a video where technical and artistical meet, and go together with nice music and editing. A good example would be "Feel Good Inc" by Dai and Bertrand. Or Bousks video for that matter, also a good example.

Quote from: fredo
it's just a matter of personal preference, as martijn said...

Yes indeed! But people can also try to make something wich fit`s all. Therefor you need a big range of skills today. Especially this guy, should have waited and made some time to make a killer video wich has it all.

busk

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2006, 08:50:50 PM »
Quote from: martijn
Go and check out Buskonature... I like that 100 times more than a 522sun. Just my opinion...

i wish so much i can do a 522 sun... :?

anyway I totally agree with tahia...i think it's quite useless this 'polemic'

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2006, 10:52:28 PM »
What are we doing? Turning into rec.juggling?

Look, the guy puts up a video with jaw dropping skills. Let's not tar and feather him.

negative energy does not keep diabolos in the air, except maybe for Tony.

martijn

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2006, 11:03:23 PM »
Quote from: tomangleberger
Look, the guy puts up a video with jaw dropping skills. Let's not tar and feather him.

Really, who in this topic said anything negative about him? They just gave him some constructive comments, suggestions, requests, what's wrong with that? I'd rather have that instead of 50 replies saying "wow".

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal