Author Topic: Strangest place you've lost a diabolo...  (Read 27265 times)

Chiok

• Donator
Strangest place you've lost a diabolo...
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 12:11:40 AM »
That's so sad,  :cry:  .  Though Diabolos do seem to gravitate towards paths of destruction, or just getting messy.  I know when practising after it's been raining, it always want to go into a puddle (there's probably a good reason for this, like there is a reason as to the puddle).  One rolled into a pond, but it was afloat so I left it for a bit.  Then it started sinking when I was looking, had to "fish" it out, wasn't pretty.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

mrpink

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 04:36:29 PM »
I have managed to lose a grande total of four diabolos while streetperforming. I was doing five high when al of a sudden a bird...
  :D
Actualy i was ionly doing one high, whitch for some reason is a trick every audience loves.
Two of th diabolos now rests side by side on the same rooftop (Why lern from your own mistakes when you can repeat them?) Its the aphothek in the old town in Stockholm if annybody is up for a climb...
I lost the third diabolo while performing on a bridge. i guess I kind of asked for it to happen. When the diabolo landed in the water I almost jumped after it... but sanity returned quickly enough. i got a pound and a pat on the cheek from an english lady that felt sorry for me... Almost jumped of the bridge again.

Last diabolo incident happend a long time ago, I was young (well semi young annyway) stupid and just starting out as a streetperformer, and I was armed with a firediabolo of my own making. On the pitch where i was performing there was some kind of roof sticking out from the building behind me. Annyway guess what happens? Yepp firediabolo lands on the roof lies there burning, Lucky enough the building is made of stone so there is noing that can burn.  The securityguard arives wihtin 30 seconds and offer to help me to get my diabolo back, I smile nod looks happy and  hurry out of town as son as he turns his back on me...
Ill nevver use a firediabolo on the street again. (well almost never...)

Strange things happen when you perform on the street ,I once had to chase 10 english huligans to get my torches back... I culd have been killet  if I had been fast enough...

elevator_chief

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005, 03:06:24 AM »
I still have a diabolo stuck in the rafters from last years IJA in buffalo.
Is it really that gross to eat a burrito and pinch a loaf at the same time?  And is it really so wrong that that's my dream?

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 09:37:56 PM »
I never lost a diabolo permanently, but i've had a few scares.
I was in cornwall whith friends in this big museum garden, me and m friend found an out of the way spot that we probably weren't supposed to be in and i was doing double duicides around trees in the wind. so the stcks and the diabolo got suck. It took about 20 minuttes to get it down. We threw another diabolo at it and my firiend managed to get to land onthe string wich weighed it down so we could reach it.
This was our second idea, the first idea was tying long stichs together with our rain coats.

I lost a frisbee in a school and got caught on camera getiing i tback, but it was never followed up so.

Next door neighbours have a rockwiler (a really big dog!!) so i have to be careful in my garden.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

viiru

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 01:09:26 AM »
Quote from: busk
i met a 15y old  finnish guy this summer in canada(toronto) he was awesoome! and in the months passed in toronto i lost my super ultra perso sticks...and the finnish guy lost one of his arlequins....

the finnish guy is behind me in the foto of my post in this topic...look the style! finnish guy

Isn't that elmeri? He's also at this forum and doing 3 diabs rather well nowadays etc etc... He's definitely one of the most promising and talented young diabolists in finland at the moment.
It's just a world spinning around your diabolo

Jukka

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 09:58:05 AM »
I think that the finnish boy was Elmeri. I know that he visited Canada last summer. And I suppose that there aren't as good young finnish diabolist as Elmeri. He is really talented. Elmeri was able to do some amazing tricks after few months practising only. We'll see how far he can go.

mrpink

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2005, 10:36:24 PM »
Did another "roof roller" while performing today. Lucky enough the diabolo came back down again (on an other streat for gods sake...) after about 10 seconds of dread and sorow... :oops:

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2005, 07:55:49 AM »
Quote from: Jukka
I think that the finnish boy was Elmeri. I know that he visited Canada last summer. And I suppose that there aren't as good young finnish diabolist as Elmeri. He is really talented. Elmeri was able to do some amazing tricks after few months practising only. We'll see how far he can go.

I´m not that good... But that was true, I was in Canada last summer in a camp thingy with busk, something strange happened: my diabolo and busks sticks suddenly disappeared.  :?

EDIT:  :D I should read more these topics.... As busk said he lost his stick and I lost my arlequino. After that I bougth a new one, I didn´t make any progress with 3d with arlequinos (probably ´cause I hadn´t seen any 3d with arles, I bought 2 more finesses and started to pratice...)  Yes, thats me in that pic.

Testiflette

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2005, 11:20:06 AM »
This summer I was in the beautiful hamlet of Jinhu (It's at the top of a hill on the feet of the Annapurna in Nepal). I had my best diabolo experience ever (the site, so nice you've got to go, and the special nepalese cigarette helping a lot) when my diabolo slowly rolled in the tiny space between two of the plant pots that bordered the terasse (had I had a circus and not a jazz it wouldn't have happened) and fell down the side of the hill (a hill there, is at least 4 times as high as a mountain in scotland). I then spent the following 45 minutes doing acrobatics in a very steep slope covered in gigantic and very nasty nettles b4 I finally got it back. The damn nettles left me severly itchy. It was the last time I played diabolo in Nepal.
Quand le Jazz est..quand le Jazz est la.
La Java s'en...la Java s'en va

g0t

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2005, 07:53:09 PM »
:D  haha I didnt lose my permanently, for god sake (just bought them (2x MB finesse 2)

But i was performing a little act for my grand parents in their garden. And they have got a little puddle of water, like 5meters length, 3meters width and 1meter depth. well after having alot of luck before it drop into the water, it did ghehe. well so i ended up rolling up my sleeves and try to get the diabolo, whilest alot of fishes were "attacking" me. Well ive got it. Phew  :D

Mithew

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2005, 01:59:32 AM »
i havn't had many issues losing diabolo's, (aside from looking for 20 minutes for one that was in my gym bag), but I was watching a friend do diabolo, when another one came up and tried it.  He could do a bit, but my friend was way better, so as his finale he threw it up 30 feet and it landed in a pile of mud (my friend was seriously annoyed)
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

viiru

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2005, 01:13:56 PM »
I lost mine under the train :/.
Did some vertax in the train platform (really clever) and got it stuck in the rail. Made really nice screeching sound when the train left almost immediately after the drop :/.
It's just a world spinning around your diabolo

Mithew

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2005, 03:34:09 AM »
Ouch!
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2005, 11:43:50 PM »
yeah mithew, that friend was me...  When i started to speed that diabolo up, it sprayed mud at me... I got in my mouth... yuck!  I haven't lost a diabolo and really feel sry for people who have... I wanna get another one though (3 diabolo Josh!!! lol)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2005, 04:28:01 PM »
AAHHHH!!!
I lost one of my yellow g2's at school today.
AAHHHH!!!
I lookwd after school where i was practising but i couldnt find it, my friends white circus is gone too. We figure thay must have been stolen.

AAHHHH!!!
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

William

• VotW Contributor
How/When have you lost (or nearly lost) your diabolos?
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 06:43:15 AM »
Ok just out of curiousity, I was wondering how people have lost (or nearly lost) their diabolos, It doesn't have to be diabolo's, it can be any type of juggling equiptment.

I'll start this off, I got my diabolo stuck in a tree trying a 2D duicide start (where you throw up a duicide, throw up the second diabolo, catch the duicide, catch the 2nd diabolo on the string) and I threw the duicide too high and it got caugh in the tree! And as soon as I got it out of the tree, I decided to try a bit of diabolo up on the bush from where I retreived the diabolo, And decided to have a shot at the basketball ring.. :roll: And of course it got stuck in the net :x And that took me about 5 minutes of hanging in the air trying to untangle my diabolo!!
I've also got a friends Harliquin stuck in a netball ring (Sorry Squiggle! :oops: )whick also takes a while to untangle! (bloody chain nets! #-o )

So..What've you lost diaboloing/juggling??
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Squiggle

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 06:55:59 AM »
there was this topic
http://www.diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=17&highlight=lost

If this is what kinda stuf you mean?

William

• VotW Contributor
Damn
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 07:07:08 AM »
Yes, Thats what I mean.. :roll:
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 05:25:41 PM »
I've managed to permanetly lose my friends rubbish plastic diabolo in my own house!?. when he drunkenly came round and left it , seeming as i never found it before i moved he thinks if stole it to add to my collection.

Sure if it was a white diabig or a renagade, but that thing! needless to say we dont speak anymore  :wink:

Martin_

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2006, 02:13:46 AM »
At 6th form my friends little plastic diabolo got thrown out the window into an alotment over a barbed wire fence. So relieved it wasn't my finesses that they chucked out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal