Author Topic: Haters  (Read 11062 times)

Relativity

Haters
« on: June 11, 2006, 02:17:01 PM »
Don't know if this topic has come up before, if it has im sorry..

Basically i just wanted to know if people have had the same experiences i've had, from people who genuienly despise your diabolo.
My parents are the worst, everytime something falls over in the house, there is a banging noise, or a new mark on the wall, its always me and my diabolo, even when its in plain sight to them! The complain about it non stop, and dont even seem to appreciate the progress i have made with "the stupid toy for children that you're way too old to playing with."
So they are absolute haters.
My girlfriend is also a semi hater, but i believe she has a valid reason. Once upon a time, i full blown power whipped my jazz into her face (did that sound rude?) she wasn't best pleased with me, and had a lovely bruise on her face. Now i'm only allowed to chinese accelerate when she's around.
Also some bloke in the pub the other week threw my diabolo out of the window, because i was "too ****y for my own good" and i was annoying him.

So does anyone elses parents, girlfriends, wives locals in the pub hate your passion, or is it just me that has it bad?
Fire Walk With Me...

Marco

Haters
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 02:58:49 PM »
Yah your not only one.
I have my parents too theyll say same as your parents too.
Well i dont have girlriend  :(  but when i am with my friends diaboling on the street there are junion school (?) boys wholl say diabolo is toy.
They just dont know that is juggling thing and they havent seen it anywhere else so they are just saying that toy.
Everything new is scary (?)  :wink:

t4Unt<ALeX>

Re: Haters
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 03:36:56 PM »
Quote from: Relativity
. Once upon a time, i full blown power whipped my jazz into her face (did that sound rude?)
rofl yes!.

alot of people have that at my school i play with my diabolo (i could say beach, my diabolo, with an odd accent but enough pervertidness) anyways as i was saying people (CHAVVSSSSSSS) at my school take the piss out of it and say its easy they have a go on it and throw it on the ground -.- . and all the people say i am over coky doing the tricks that are easy but look kwl.

They get on my nerves but i will beat them with a stic kone day :D

tommi

• VotW Contributor
Haters
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 03:49:50 PM »
Hmm, I usually get pretty good vibes from people when I'm diaboloing (ofcourse my parrents are happy when I break something, but thats no too often) It is usually the old people who comes and asks what I'm doing.

If there is any hating going on, it is me hating ten-year-old kids doing diabolo, seriously there are tens of kids in my town who carry their cheap plastic diabolos everywhere they go, and do few simple tricks.
Ofcourse there is nothing wrong being young and a beginner
( :oops: Ok, I have done this less than a year but I have put some work in to this thing. :evil: ) But they treat this great form of art like some toy, and I can't stand it.  

Some times when I see these kids I go and show them a nice infinite suicide to genocide or a crazy sprinkler-combo (or something like that :P ) and usually the look me for few seconds and go away, thats just hilarious. Or very mean, but I need calm down from my agressions someway.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Haters
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 05:51:36 PM »
Lol, i have had some haters. Some kids at my highschool are like, man that is so easy, I bet I am hella better than you. All I say is, alright, then let me see what you got. Obviously they cant even spin it, or even throw it in the air so that shuts them up pretty good. Then there are the haters  who just talk but dont want to act... a good vertax double genocide does the trick on them.  8)

My parents get mad sometimes, but only when I am so pissed off from three diabolos that if I talk to someone it seems like I am mad towards them (anyone else have that happen?). But its all cool, they like that I do this and I impress them with tricks sometimes.

:twisted: Hehehehe, and then there is Hall sensei. I think i got him pretty pissed off this year when I finally was able to do 3.  :roll: He still owns me in some diabolo stuff though... i cant do double piorette, some of his 2d stuff, and some of his 1d stuff(especially all that excalibur body wrap stuff). And, he pretty much kicks my ass in ball juggling, kendama, clubs, boxes, devilsticks... the list goes on. Hes a cool guy though, too bad I wont be seeing such a great juggler as much during this summer.

Well, I guess I really have no haters on me. Maybe its just me, or its just that we have lots of cool people down here in San Jose.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

frank0072

Haters
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 06:40:34 PM »
I have no problem with haters at all. My roommates have had times when they didn't like my diaboloing, but that was during the winter and I was inside all the time.
Two months after I started with diabolo I moved out of the house, and I am never at my parents place, so they never complained. There is no connection between my diaboloing and moving out btw ;).
On the street there have never been people who talked **** about me and my diabolo. Probably because I am very impressive :P:P. No, seriously, most people say stuff like: "woow, how do you do that" and "you are so good, how long have you been diaboloing?".

So, I am a happy little juggler  8)
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Matt_

• Donator
Haters
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 07:31:01 PM »
Relativity, i hate to be the one to break it to you, but...man, this could very well be your fault, especially going by the way you wrote those stories.

1. have you ever knocked over anything in the house? made a mark on the ceiling or dent in the wall? i know i have. when i lived at home, i took it in stride when my mom bitched at me, after all, it was well deserved.

2. you hit your girlfriend in the face (wow. just wow.) and now YOU are upset because she is afraid of you diaboloing around her? man, use some common sense. obviously you dont have much diabolo control, and she knows that. some people only have trust one time, and once you break that, it's over.

3. so what do you think? were you too ****y for your own good? what the hell were you saying to someone in a pub about diabolo that would cause him to literally throw your diabolo out the window?? people USUALLY don't chuck your property outside during casual, polite conversation.

have you ever just sat down and that thought that maybe, just maybe...you're bringing this upon yourself?

frank0072

Haters
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 10:08:28 PM »
I totally agree with Matt_ !
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

nezzybaby

Haters
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 10:25:03 PM »
who gets a diabolo out in the pub?!?!?

pubs are for getting drunk, diabolo skills are inversely proportional to alcohol levels, therefore diabolos need not be in pubs.

free parties, parks, bbqs, are exceptions to the less beer more diabolo rule, but only really for the first few pints. It should be noted (not purely from personal experience) that most forms of drug help diaboloing, and alcohol is an odd exception. Also drunk people dont care, drugged up people are fascinated, especially if you have led kits.

The Void

Haters
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 11:42:39 PM »
Quote from: nezzybaby
...It should be noted (not purely from personal experience) that most forms of drug help diaboloing,...

The Void injects nezzybaby with a good dose of Ketamine, hands him his diabolo & sticks, and sits back to watch the twat put on a stellar performance.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

nezzybaby

Haters
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 11:47:37 PM »
nezzybaby puts on the most incredible performance ever seen, unfortunately only nezzybaby can concieve the performance, and the void leaves dissapointed

Relativity

Haters
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 01:58:31 PM »
Granted Matt i could well be the architect of my own demise, my parents are just angry people and i have broken nothing. I did hit my girl and she does have a right to be scared, but the bloke in the pub just picked up my diabolo as i was walking over to get it and chucked it out of the window. There was no polite conversation involved, just the comments afterward explaining why he'd done what he did.
And i can't be the only person who enjoys having a play around in the pub after a few drinks but i agree nezzybaby drugged up people love the diabolo thats how i started watching my mate tim do it when i was twisted...
Fire Walk With Me...

Crazy_Clown

Haters
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 02:01:41 PM »
The only person that hated my diabolo was a guy who knows nothing about it and heard me speaking about suicides and genocides... I tried explaining they are just tricks...
Also, I think a lot of people here take diabolo a bit too seriously, after all it is a toy...
|)><(|

Diabolo88

• Donator
Haters
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 02:05:08 PM »
Also some bloke in the pub the other week threw my diabolo out of the window, because i was "too ****y for my own good" and i was annoying him.
You bring your Diabolos to a pub? Even for me who treat my Diabolos like cuddly animals, that sounds a bit strange. Don´t mean to hate on you but still. A lot of alcoholics and crystal glass and u wanna Diabolo?

Matt

• VotW Contributor
Haters
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »
Dear Chris,

Yes, I do hate you.    :wink:

sensei

PS  Seriously though, I'm actually quite proud of you.  I remember helping you get started with diabolo not too long ago.  A teacher's true joy comes when they are surpassed by their student(s).  

PPS  I still hate you though.   :D
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

Chiok

• Donator
Haters
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 07:32:48 PM »
I'm also gonna agree with Mr. Brown, I had similar notions.  Your parents would probably hate it because it could have the tendancy to mess up all the things they've worked so hard to attain (fragile vases, nice champagne walls and Swarkovski crystal).  But if you're never actually broken anything, there's no prescedance, so make sure there isn't!  When I'm at my parents house, I practise in the garden, it's patio out there, but it's the better deal.

My fianceé is biased against all my juggling as well.  Probably diabolos more as they do have the tendancy for the most damage.  However, I to this day, have never managed to hit her with a prop, she's just too damn fast...

And yeah, people in pubs have an intolerance to anything that doesn't reside or belong in a pub, of course throwing it outside might be a bit harsh, but then maybe he really objected to watching you play around.  I tend to practise either indoors or somewhere secluded, the less attention I attract to myself, the better.  Me practising outside really isn't an invitation to impress anyone or be seen, but the sound of rings constantly dropping does annoy the guy in the room downstairs.  

With the classification of ASBOs in the UK, it seems like a competition to collect as many as you can and seeing someone "juggling" is a brilliant opportunity for them to rain some havok.  Unless you're in a group, in which case, safety in numbers.

I personally don't have any "haters" I don't think, probably just a byproduct of keeping to myself.  Doesn't mean I don't despise those that I've taught improve faster than myself  :twisted:

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Scooby

Haters
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 03:35:11 AM »
hah, my dog hates my diabolo.

it used to be he was just scared by it, but now it i drop, or it rolls towards him, he attacks it.    but hes only a shetland sheepdog so he cant do any harm.

on the other hand, my friend had a staffy, asnd it ate through one of his yohos,   good dog.  :lol:
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

William

• VotW Contributor
Holy Diaboloing dogs!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 04:40:13 AM »
My dog hates it to! If it even if it just slowly rolls towards her. She sprints.  :lol:  But I think shes getting used to it because once it rolled on her leg and she just kept chewing on one of her toys.. :roll:
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

t4Unt<ALeX>

Haters
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 07:47:53 AM »
same with my cat she goes mad and runs, and the my diabolo some how seems to find her o_O. My dog isnt bad at alll cool as a cucumber until it lands next to ihm then he panics aa bit but not much........

Adam

Haters
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 02:34:41 PM »
my cat on the other and could watch me do diabolo all day! she just sits there and stairs at it... i find the only diabolo haters i get are those who are jelouse of the skills i have. i find that amature diaboloists are very angry when you walk up to them while they are showing off to there friends and i pull off a double sprinkeler! they tend to get pissed... or is that just because i am just a show off?
 :wink:
diabolo is my religion!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal