Author Topic: Juggling picture competition voting - We need your help  (Read 2709 times)

raffi

Juggling picture competition voting - We need your help
« on: November 02, 2009, 05:09:33 PM »
hello diabolo.ca forum members,
we are hosting a juggling picture competition and need help deciding which is the best picture of the bunch so that they can get a set of 2 new G4 diabolos by Mr. Babache.
to make the competition fair we are looking for a lot of "uninvolved" jugglers who can help us make that decision.
to vote:
http://www.jugglingequipment.com/blog/final-voting-round-2/
sites i built that are Diabolo related: www.taibolo.com | www.JugglingEquipment.com

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: Juggling picture competition voting - We need your help
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 05:46:49 PM »
to make the competition fair we are looking for a lot of "uninvolved" jugglers who can help us make that decision.

Just for clarification, what does uninvolved mean in the context of this contest?

raffi

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:56:23 PM »
to find out what the best picture is we need the help of a community who does not necessarily vote for the picture they were asked to vote for - those making the competition "fairer".
uninvolved in that context means people who are voting out of their conscience rather then out of friendship...
sites i built that are Diabolo related: www.taibolo.com | www.JugglingEquipment.com

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 06:26:38 PM »
...a community who does not necessarily vote for the picture they were asked to vote for - those making the competition "fairer".
Fair enough. However, you are asking a diabolo forum to be impartial to all the pictures, several of which are diabolo pictures. While itself not a huge problem, several of the pictures are from forum members (for example, Nate's picture). It will be difficult to have an impartial vote.

uninvolved in that context means people who are voting out of their conscience rather then out of friendship...
This relates to my first comments. A few of the pictures are of people who frequent the forum. The best you can hope for is "well, hopefully they vote impartially."

I just think that there are unrealistic expectations placed here. I'm not trying to dissuade people from voting - just pointing out that I think expecting an impartial vote from here is a bit silly.

Anyway, you've cleared up what "uninvolved" means. Thank you. Vote away people :)

Bizzat1

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:53:37 AM »
The photo of the guy with the 3 green balls gets my vote, It took me way too long to figure out how it was done. I'll vote as soon as I figure... out.... how.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 03:37:09 PM »
I don't understand.. But I really don't understand why most votes are for the guy with the red diabolo..

But I love the one with the 2 high from above in black and white! Its lovely! I wich I had some juggling pictures of myself.. I have zero..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal