Author Topic: "Why did I do that?"  (Read 25686 times)

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
Re: "Why did I do that?"
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2007, 02:21:15 PM »
I once threw a diabolo realy high in the air, a heavy jazz, and i somehow didn't catch it and it hit me in the groin!
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Graham

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2007, 10:56:16 PM »
Once I was on a walk near my house with most my family and my uncle and cousins. Me and my brother were both diaboloing. So, we got to this bit where we were walking along with a lake on our right and a stream running parallel to the path on our left about 10m away.
So, I was just doing some normal tricks as we went along and decided that it would be a good idea to do a whip catch. I missed it, spectacularly: The diabolo hit the ground and hurtled off towards the stream. I ran after it, and saw it suddenly disappear off the bank into the stream. I tried to stop and ended up teetering on the edge of the bank, and had to jump in to fetch it out  >:(

kjm

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2007, 05:51:57 PM »
i was bored and messing around with infinite suicides 5 minutes ago and i had o idea what to do and it jst hit thes chandelier lamp thing i have and yesterday i was doing a chinese sicide and the knot went undone and the diabolo slammed my bro in the chest

Stephanie :)

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »
In my old house there was this huge pine tree in front of my house that was way taller than the power lines. So my cousin and I decided to get on opposite sides of the tree and try to throw the diabolo over the very top of the tree. But when I threw the diabolo it never came down on the other side because it was sitting in the very top. Lucky for us there was a tire swing hanging from it so we climbed up the rope and shook the diabolo out of the tree about an hour later...not so smart.
If I could have "created" fire, I would have made it hot pink!:)

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
throught the legs duocide, chatching my nads' and the smacking my face. ouch.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

_Matz_

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2007, 08:14:22 PM »
sometimes when i make 2d sprinkler 360 out, i hit myself to head with both diabolos, when im turning around. it hurts.
|)><(|   hope you understand my english

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2007, 01:29:01 AM »
Same experience Matz. Really hurts if the edges of the diabolos are sharp..  :-\
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

_Matz_

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2007, 05:13:48 AM »
eh,  i have harlequins and finesses, actually happened with harlequins.

Steve-O

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2007, 06:47:42 PM »
both funniest and dumbest thing i did a genocide in the school hallway when the track team was running through (our track is covered in snow) and almost hit one of the girls and they jumped out of the way into a wall the whole team soon learned the lesson: don't run through the juggling club practice HA!

_Matz_

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2007, 07:51:07 PM »

both funniest and dumbest thing i did a genocide in the school hallway when the track team was running through (our track is covered in snow) and almost hit one of the girls and they jumped out of the way into a wall the whole team soon learned the lesson: don't run through the juggling club practice HA!

I got the somekind of case like that. I was performing Diabolo in poland, mountains, at public square, doing  suicides, and other smilar things, then there camed seniors, witch were at holidays, they didn't notice me doing chinese suicide, and walked close to me, and  it was about 5 cm (two inches) to hit one lady in her glasses.
phew.

k2pek2

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2007, 02:24:45 AM »
many many genocide attempts indoors... my ceiling is scarred with random black spots from my sticks :-/

i once tried to throw my diabolo up over a tree, run to the other side and catch it. i did it like four times and then on the fifth i got it stuck about 30' up above my head (yey high tosses) that sucked. i couldn't diabolo for three days
-John

GbH

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2007, 05:18:20 PM »
OK, it's with a yo-yo rather than a diabolo, but still...

http://www.yoyoing.com/videos/play.php?vid=2876

:'(

Also, there was the time, many years back, where I did a high throw with a Renegade diabolo (i.e. hard, solid plastic) and it landed between Charlie Dancey's outstretched arms as he held a newspaper in front of him.   :o

Richie

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2007, 09:50:07 PM »
Hi im new but anyway i was trying this trick my friend taught me (neck bounces, i dunno if you guys call it somat else) and i screwed up and the diabolo landed on my nose and rolled up my face and i had long hair at the time it took a while to untangle and for the swelling of my face to go down
New Years Resolutions :
Learn 2d Fan, 2d High, Tomicide, 3d

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2007, 06:21:48 PM »
i know, i know, this is probably one of the most stupid things that u can do with a diabolo, but me and my friend michael were throwing the diabolo up as high as we could and closing our eyes... my friends hit him on the back but mine hit me on the face and it HURT

Steve-O

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2007, 08:01:21 PM »
well the other day i was juggling 3 rings and was trying to do all three in the air pirouette but when i started my spin i saw that the first one i threw up in the air was hitting the ground when i was only 90 degrees around in my spin so i gave a sad face and looked down (dumb, i know when there are still two in the air) but the y both came down and whacked me on the head as i was bending ove rto pick the first one up

tRPz*

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2007, 09:36:10 PM »
HEh Dumbest thing ive done is did a mini genocide in a small boxy room,

didn't catch the string and it hit the light and blew a fuse in my mates house

Oooops   :o
_            _        _     _
ll_Grammer_Street_Elite_ll

brind0g

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2007, 09:44:39 PM »
Mine would have to be having the string around the back of my neck and catching the diabolo on the string... Diabolo had heaps of spin and i missed judge the bounce and it hit me in teh face, actually broke skin too! :S

Or trying to do a chinese whip behind my back and had the sticks to close to my back and the string whipped my leg... had a red mark there for 3 days..... :-[

k2pek2

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2007, 10:39:09 PM »
well, i did it again. i got it stuck in a tree. i mean it looked cool cuz i thought it was gonna slide off but then it didnt. it got lodged in a few branches about thirty feet up and i ended up trying to throw a tennis ball at it, then a stick with some more weight to try to hit the branch. keep in mind that this is at night, the diabolo stuck in the tree is a glow one and it's snowing outside. the stick hit the branch about twelve times but nothing short than a direct hit to the diabolo would bring it down. so i got my other diabolo. this time, however i was smart. i put my diabolo parallel to the branch so it couldnt grind on the branch and get stuck like the other one. i threw it up at least... twenty times all coming very close and half of them hitting the branch. eventually i hit the diabolo with my other one and they both came down. YEY!

...now comes the part where i get confused on why i did it. so, i teach a juggling club that i had today and that happened yesterday. the thing that i don't understand is that i went outside...at ten thirty...and knowingly threw my diabolo where there were branches...when i had diabolo club the next day. either way i got it down and i'm really happy but i just don't understand why i did that...
-John

Matt D

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2007, 10:43:14 PM »

well, i did it again. i got it stuck in a tree.

My question is how many times does it have to get stuck learn not to throw diabolos around where there are trees?

k2pek2

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2007, 10:49:32 PM »
well... i basically live in a forest so i don't really have that option. besides, there was a clearing where i was in the driveway but a gust of wind came and started moving it off course in midair. then it got stuck really securely in some branches. to answer your question: a lot of times.
-John

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal