Author Topic: Cirque Du Soliel Diabolo Act  (Read 10612 times)

Scooby

Cirque Du Soliel Diabolo Act
« on: June 29, 2006, 02:45:53 PM »
Cirque Du Soliel Diabolo Act in Saltimbanco

i was just wondering if anyone has seen this act, and from a diaboloist point of view/general people the pros/cons of it.

thanks
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

matthewthegreat

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 02:51:20 PM »
I got the video of Saltimbanco just to see this act but when I watched the video this act wasn't in it. :(

Scooby

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 02:57:39 PM »
That would suck.

Maybe Cirque Du Soliel are happy with there seemingly endless supply of chinese acrobats/diaboloists.  they use the same act in both Quidam and La Nuba, but the performers get changed every six months or so.

but then again, what of Ryo Yabe signing a deal With Cirque Du ?

tetsuya

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 03:12:14 PM »
I've see him in valencia(spain)... nothing real special.. a midle level

trash

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 03:33:12 PM »
I've seen it in Paris. Like Tetsuya said, nothing special. Just one diabolo, some good dance with the music, a whip, a genocide, a wheel with one hand, a lot of suns and no drop...Standing ovation when I saw it...

JyNo

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 12:17:47 AM »
I went to see the saltimbanco show just to see that guy and his diabolo, to see what he could do, but that was the night he rested...... it sucked! I couldnt see him! but  a frind went a day after and she saw him, she liked him the most over any other part of the show but as trash and tetsuya said, she told me "one dibalo, whip catch, a lot of dancing and high trows" so i guess the diabolo level wasn`t the atractive thing about him but the general show and dancing and stuff

CirqueKid

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 09:11:10 AM »
Actually, Cirque doesn't have that many diabolists.  Talking about Saltimbanco, it was first an acrobat named Mitchell Head, who is now working with Corteo.   Basically, he is an acrobat in the other acts, including the bungee, that picked up diabolo as a hobby, and they added him as a rotational act.  Now, he has been replaced with another Chinese man, which I don't know his name, with an act of one diabolo, that I'm sure gets a standing ovation every night from non-diabolists.
There are also two acts in other shows (La Nouba and Quidam), you could say are, 'cloned', but there are some minor differences.  Either way, there are always three Chinese girls, and they perform to music, passing two each other with traditional Chinese yo-yos with a holographic sticker plastered on front.  

However, as with most non-diabolo familiar folk, it always gets a standing ovation.  

Also, for their TV series, Solstrom, and their performance at the Logie Awards, they used two diabolists from EDIT: (Correct Name) Les 7 Doigts De La Main
[BBCode] Insert signature here! [/BBCode]

mango

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 04:56:34 AM »
Quote from: matthewthegreat
I got the video of Saltimbanco just to see this act but when I watched the video this act wasn't in it. :(

the video was filmed when there wasn't the diabolo act yet.  i've watched it in year 2000 when the show came to hong kong.

mango

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 05:04:31 AM »
does anyone know what diab they use in saltimbanco ?

Scooby

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 05:59:53 AM »
looks like a finesse.

CirqueKid

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 08:22:56 AM »
Also, the diabolo act is only a rotational act, it isn't a permanent part of the show, that's why it's not on the DVD, and why some people didn't see it when seeing Saltimbanco.  It only goes on if another act is taking a break that night, or if something is wrong with the performers/props for a certain act.

matthewthegreat

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 01:29:01 AM »
Quote from: Colin

There are also two acts in other shows (La Nouba and Quidam), you could say are, 'cloned', but there are some minor differences.  Either way, there are always three Chinese girls

I thought there where four Chinese girls in La Nouba. I have never been to La Nouba but My frend went to it and said there where four Chinese girls.

CirqueKid

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 07:11:57 AM »
Sorry about that, there are four girls in both shows.  :oops:

tomangleberger

• Donator
Cirque Equinox diabolo act ?
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 04:15:09 AM »
I hear that there's a diaboloist in the Cirque Equinox act which has just rolled into a nearby  town.

A friend told me it was a 1d show, possibly on top of stacked chairs.

Anybody know who this is?

matthewthegreat

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 05:01:33 AM »
Cirque Equinox??? never even heard of this cirque du soleil show. Can some one tell me about this new show?

Lauri

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 08:53:31 AM »
Quote from: matthewthegreat
Cirque Equinox??? never even heard of this cirque du soleil show. Can some one tell me about this new show?

Who told you it was a cirque du soleil show? As for Cirque Equinox i have no idea. Sounds cool tho.

CirqueKid

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 09:10:43 AM »
It isn't a Cirque du Soleil show, none of their shows have the word Cirque in it.  

Does your friend or anyone else have any more info on it?  Is it more of a traditional circus or a modern circus/theater thing?

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 03:08:38 PM »
Here's the Cirque's Website:
http://www.nervelessnocks.com/cirque/cirqueintro.htm

My friend enjoyed it but since she's a non juggler her opinion of the diabolo act was too vague for my curiousity. I hope to go this weekend.

CirqueKid

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 10:45:17 PM »
Just found this new clip today, it is a commercial for some kind of Portuguese banking company or something, but it shows the new diabolist for Saltimbanco, Song Bo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jKpssxt-oU&search=Cirque%20du%20Soleil

Scooby

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 07:41:48 AM »
Thanks Heaps  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal