Author Topic: Best Diabolo String  (Read 11174 times)

Phil189

Best Diabolo String
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:33:14 PM »
I have searched the forum for this topic and this information but have not been able to find it.

I have got henrys diabolo string that is white which can in a pack of three. and i have string that came with my mr babache extrem classic g3 sticks. the string that came with the sticks is already starting to fray, it is ok string it is made out of nyon. the henrys white string seems quite good.

I was thinking about maybe getting the Henrys yellow diabolo Glow String 10m  this is refered to as the yellow henrys string. What does anyone think? What would you say is the best diabolo string? Would you say it doesnt mater? All opinions welcome

thanks
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

Arjan

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 08:35:26 PM »
A matter of preference anyway, but I`m sticking with the MB yellow stuff.

Loriot

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 08:48:42 PM »
I like the MB white string and the white one of Henrys.
Try as much strings as you can. You will find the perfect string for yourself.

martijn

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 09:12:07 PM »
Quote from: Phil189
I have searched the forum for this topic and this information but have not been able to find it.

That's probably because there's no need for a topic like that. There isn't such a thing as "the best diabolo", "the best sticks" or "the best string". It is basically all a matter of preference between Henry's Circus/MB Finesse, Henry's Alu/Henry's Carbon/MB Xtreme and Henry's or MB string.

Try them out and see what works best for you.

matthewthegreat

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:09:22 AM »
I like Henry's string the best.

seán_

Re: Best Diabolo String
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 02:11:45 AM »

Check the stickies?

Phil189

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 08:56:51 AM »
Thanks guys will do!!!
so in your opinions what string suits you?
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Best Diabolo String
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 10:47:57 AM »
I used to use Henry's yellow religiously but recently I've been using the orange stuff. It bites the axel more and isn't as slippy which is usefull for doing multiple diabolos. Although any string made MB or Heny's is fine and from what I've been told some kite string is quite good aswell.
Behind your back is your front.

fredo

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 11:36:25 AM »
I normally use MB yellow and white string, but I'e got two pairs of sticks with Henrys string, too - which I use as often as the MB atm :wink:

martijn

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 12:29:52 PM »
MB yellow does the job for me.

Phil189

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »
Where do you guys get your string from then?. do you think there is much difference between the white string and the coloured yellow and orange mb and henrys.

martijn

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 01:18:28 PM »
Phil, you are asking very basic questions which can be found on the forum with a quick search. It is kinda annoying to answer these questions over and over again, I hope you understand that.

Phil189

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 01:40:05 PM »
a basic search does not always bring up the answer. i understand tho. but i was only asking because i could not find it on the forum already and may be quicker to just ask

nev

• Donator
Best Diabolo String
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 02:24:12 PM »
Phil - could I politely suggest you spend a little more time researching the answers you seek by reading existing threads.  Its usually much quicker to read through several large threads than to wait for someone to answer a question that has already been covered elsewhere (Search posts as well as just topics).  This is after all a "forum" as opposed to a chatroom or msnm.  As an added bonus - you'll probably not only find the answers you wanted, but a wealth of other information as well, which can dramatically reduce the amount of time you spend typing out new questions :wink:  And if this newly aquired knowledge does bring up new unanswered questions - youll know which existing topics to post them in too :wink:  :wink:

ps - thanks for this Seán_ Posting and You - hilarious

edit - thats not personal btw Phil - its aimed at everyone !
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Chiok

• Donator
Best Diabolo String
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 02:50:07 PM »
Quote from: nev
I only spotted Seán's new sig a little while ago and found that hilarious.  It makes a good point, who would have thought there was so much etiquette in forum posting, and let's not even go into the whole USENET - forum discussion.

String, like all juggling equipment is horses for courses.  I know people that swear by Henrys Yellow (mostly Americans it seems), MB Yellow (mostly Europeans it seems) or kite string (odd people it seems).  Some even change strings and handsticks depending on what they're doing (Pete uses Henrys White fleck for 3 high because of the extra grip to generate spin.)  Performers like to use different strings as well so that they can get into that "comfort zone" of the string quicker for a show (Donald Grant springs to mind).  The Red stuff is pretty popular too with Ryo Yabe.

You'll find a diaboloist for all types of diabolo string.  We've all had to do our own research at one point or another trying out different types where possible and finding one that suits.  This may be expensive, but if you want to stick with it, you'll spend a bit of money, can't get "the best" and hope to progress quickly.  I'm a student as well, and I went through 3 types of diabolos before settling on Circuses.  Or you can, like everyone else, make do with what you've got.  It's not the size of the boat but the motion of the ocean if you catch my drift.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

martijn

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 02:59:02 PM »

Haha yeah, I got that link from a friend of mine a long time ago, showed it to the moderators, we had a good laugh about it and wondered when was a good opportunity to show it on the mainboard. Nice one Seán_ :wink:

p.s. sorry for the offtopic :mrgreen:

seán_

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »
... could I politely suggest you spend a little more time researching the answers you seek by reading existing threads.  Its usually much quicker to read through several large threads than to wait for someone to answer a question that has already been covered elsewhere (Search posts as well as just topics).  This is after all a "forum" as opposed to a chatroom or msnm.  As an added bonus - you'll probably not only find the answers you wanted, but a wealth of other information as well, which can dramatically reduce the amount of time you spend typing out new questions :wink:  And if this newly aquired knowledge does bring up new unanswered questions - youll know which existing topics to post them in too :wink:  :wink:

Thanks Nev, new discussion is great but spinning wheels can be frustrating and pushes current stuff down the board.

I posted the equipment sticky as a lot of the information is there.

For the record I use henrys orange because it does the job and works well with my  handsticks when doing glow shows. I'd be hard pressed to say if yellow is better though some say it is. I hate MB string as I find it snags on me. I believe that beard string is exactly the same string as MB but cheaper.

the 'posting and you' credit goes to Arjan, we talked about posting it ages ago but decided it wasnt fluffy, then one day I thought 'why not' and threw it into my sig, glad you enjoyed it.

Mathias P.

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 06:00:29 PM »
Quote from: Martijn

That's probably because there's no need for a topic like that. There isn't such a thing as "the best diabolo", "the best sticks" or "the best string". It is basically all a matter of preference between Henry's Circus/MB Finesse, Henry's Alu/Henry's Carbon/MB Xtreme and Henry's or MB string.

Try them out and see what works best for you.

-----------------------------------------

Listen to this Man, he ´s wise.

I think the Yellow one is fine. But how everybody says, find it out by yourself.

(Oh and by the way, i´m allways buyin´ straight 25 Meters. So i don´t have to run into the store all the time for new String)

Mathias P.

Phil189

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »
hey guys thanks for the advise, im not new to forums but seem to be not surching enough before posting, it was just i didnt realy looking for the equipment pages and i couldnt find a "string" thread on the forum that is why i asked it in a new thread. ill remember this in future.

i think ill maybe run with the henrys yellow string. ps maybe this is stupid but would there be different advnatages for the different strings and what would they be.

jammy

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »
try piano wire! i no it sounds crazy but it works pretty well!

im trying loads of diffrent kinds of string
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

matthewthegreat

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2006, 03:09:49 PM »
Quote from: jammy
try piano wire! i no it sounds crazy but it works pretty well!

Piano wire??? I never thought of that but Wouldn't that be too stiff? and I would think it would slide a lot.

Phil189

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2006, 03:22:57 PM »
i would have thought that this might damage the axle or the diabolo.

matthewthegreat

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006, 06:20:49 PM »
i would have thought that this might damage the axle or the diabolo.

I would think Piano wire would damage the axle But Piano wire might be good for use with fire diabolo because Piano wire would not burn like Kevlar string would.

Phil189

Best Diabolo String
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 06:51:44 PM »
I think piano wire would be a good idea for a fire diabolo but for a normal diabolo especaily if it has a metal axle it would damage it. i think, but im maybe wrong someone who uses it could let us know. also what would the benifets of piano wire be.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Best Diabolo String
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 07:48:20 PM »
I somehow don't think piano wire is the best diabolo string. For a laugh you're better going with elastic. :wink:
Behind your back is your front.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal