Author Topic: D.ca Collaboration video  (Read 46021 times)

Jakob

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2006, 06:50:47 AM »
Sweeeet. This is high wuality stuff. I really loved the wall-thing in the tunnel :lol:

Jakob
//Jakob

diplodicai

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2006, 07:54:23 AM »
Superb. Absolutely superb. I sometimes get people asking me about diabolo when I'm doing it and I tell them there are things that I can only dream of doing. If I can figure out how to put tjis puppy on my ipod, I can tell which one I'll be showing em.

Only one tiny thing. Sometimes it's hard to see the sticks in the suicide moves. It does, however, look even madder.

Looks like I'm off out to practice again then

Pete
Dude, not on the rug.

William

• VotW Contributor
Anual colab?
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006, 08:26:32 AM »
Hey everyone. I'm downloading it now and I'm more excited than a 3 year old at a birthday party.  :mrgreen:  I was just thinking about this, Maybe we could make this collaboration video like an anual or bi-anual (etc.) thing?

Just a thought..

Will.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

De Hoest

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 08:30:40 AM »
Wow, what a great video!
The only thing i didn't like was the third song (BLUR) , it's a great song, but i just thought it didn't fit really wel after the two first song.

Anyway, really nice stuff and the editing was really good too!

I'll be watching it a couple of times more!

Raphaël
L.C.A.B. 2 : In progress

Matt_

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 08:50:46 AM »
alright, you took the credits down from 1/4 the video to 1/8.... :P

ok, all jokes about Martijn's editing aside, great video fellas. definitely a keeper, one to watch in the future.

diabolumberto

• VotW Contributor
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2006, 09:37:35 AM »
congratulation for this video !! Lot of tricks and ideas !

I hope, it's not the last collaboration video
Trick of the week : http://diabolumberto.free.fr

Mattias

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2006, 09:50:25 AM »
Quote from: seán_

@mattias, Sorry, when I asked Antonin if I could video him for a diabolo.ca video and he agreed, I thought I'd better not push my luck and ask him to go outside in the rain :P

Oh, not at all. Cool that you got him to participate. And that was not the only clip, but I am being a bitch here, it was such a sweet video and great work from everyone so I have no business complaining about anything. Again, great work everyone!
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

William

• VotW Contributor
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 10:08:21 AM »
Quote from: diabolumberto
I hope, it's not the last collaboration video

I suggested doing one again if you look up and read my post..

Quote from: Above I
Maybe we could make this collaboration video like an anual or bi-anual (etc.) thing?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Arjan

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2006, 10:13:13 AM »
LOL, the topic of the first version is not even burried and people are talking about a second version. You spoiled diabolists!
I`m sure, one day in 2007 there will be another collab vid.

barnesy

• Administrator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 10:18:46 AM »
I believe that the energy for projects like this is best used by leaving some time before the next one.  If it becomes more frequent, it becomes less special.  I'm looking forward to another one, but I'd actually prefer a longer wait.

LaNgErZ

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2006, 10:38:04 AM »
waha! yes lads! there's even some loop marvelous. more more more more more. i hate waiting. that vertex gyro flop pass thing thats my highlight i think............ not sure though it's tough.... everso tough

martijn

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2006, 11:21:46 AM »
Quote from: diplodicai
If I can figure out how to put tjis puppy on my ipod, I can tell which one I'll be showing em.

I can make a mp4 version if you'd like? I just don't know how big it should be to fit on an iPod (size and bitrate). If you can tell me this, I'd be happy to convert it, while I still have the 14 Gb uncompressed avi file :P

Quote from: Matt_
alright, you took the credits down from 1/4 the video to 1/8....

Well yeah, I agree with you on the fact that credits for an online video have to be very short, but I still want to have it readable! Besides, there are much worser videos when it comes to the credits length. (Arjan even wanted to use the whole Coldplay song in BT - that's 2:20 minutes! crazy boy..)

About a 2nd D.ca collaboration video... ofcourse it will happen, but not very soon. When the time is there, you'll notice :wink: It is quite some work to set it all up, and I'd be happy to do it again in the future, but you don't want to have a collab vid every month. Great to see you're all so excited though :)

nev

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2006, 11:37:04 AM »
Quote from: Martijn
Quote from: nev
3:32 - Contact stuff on the bench - sweet
3:38 - WOW intersting ideas there - exit?

Which clip do you mean with that Nev? Do you the 2nd part of Arjan's routine?

Oops - I meant 3:48 - Nicks 2 string web - sorry now corrected by edit :oops:
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Valium

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2006, 11:54:33 AM »
really nice tricks & editing, one of my favorites this year

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2006, 12:25:20 PM »
I thinks that video is the highlight of this forum so far. Absolutely awesome! Another one next year would be a good idea. Thanks to everyone one who helped in the making of that video. Especialy Tijn even if he did make a few mistakes the editing was nearly flawless.

Edit:I've just watched the credits. Is JiBe still diaboloing since he featured in the vid or was it just a one off?
Behind your back is your front.

frank0072

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2006, 02:25:11 PM »
I have been looking forward to the Collaboration video since I first heard of it, and it's even better then I thought it would be. It's so cool to be part of a project like this, with everybody being satisfied about the result and all :).

Martijn & g0t: You have done a great job, I am looking forward to the next video of you guys.

Btw, I think another collab. vid should not be made very soon either..

I am going to see the video once again..
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

tomangleberger

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2006, 02:28:16 PM »
Wow all around!

I think my favorite was the Vertax Clothesline! i had to watch it twice to believe it.

martijn

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »
Quote from: guppygould
Is JiBe still diaboloing since he featured in the vid or was it just a one off?

Well JiBe stopped playing diabolo for like 1 or 2 years, but when he found out about the collab video, he emailed me his clip and told me that his latest practice session got him motivated to play a bit more. So who knows...

tghops

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »
Great video, its amazing how you got so many people to participate.  I think waiting to make the next colaboration video is a good idea, gives me some time to practice and hopefully be able to contribute to the next effort.

Nick

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2006, 03:46:57 PM »
Wow! Great work everybody. Some really nice footage in there. It also looks like everyone is having fun, too. Always a good thing in videos. Good job, Martijn. Thank you.

Quote from: nev
3:48 - WOW interesting ideas there - exit?

This trick is done in the same way as a regular Cat's Cradle, one stick over the other and hook the string into a cradle, but using the two inside sticks. It exits by just dropping the cradle from the sticks and you end up back with an unwrapped diabolo and a pair of sticks in each hand.

I've got some more ideas for this style (mostly inspired by Assisted House for any 3A yo-yo buffs out there), but I haven't really devoted that much (any) time to developing them further. Maybe I'll have one figured out in time for next year's video.

Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal