Author Topic: D.ca Collaboration video  (Read 46020 times)

Matt_

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2006, 05:46:40 PM »
Quote from: Martijn
Well yeah, I agree with you on the fact that credits for an online video have to be very short, but I still want to have it readable! Besides, there are much worser videos when it comes to the credits length. (Arjan even wanted to use the whole Coldplay song in BT - that's 2:20 minutes! crazy boy..)

yeah, i know that you gotta get everyone's name in there--and a lot of people want to know the songs. i have different ideas for that sort of thing but hey...that's what makes videos great, the fact that they're different. i'm just joking, i didn't mean anything bad by it :p

by the way, i didn't mention---i like the effects at the beginning (which you seemed to have forgotten about after that :P), it reminds me of my Bjork video...i'm just starting to learn about/get into those type of effects.

martijn

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2006, 05:54:15 PM »
I know you're just kidding, so am I :)

Quote from: Matt_
i like the effects at the beginning (which you seemed to have forgotten about after that)

Yeah, that mostly came from Pieter's input, at some point in the editing he had to go home, I finished the editing on my own, so less video FX was the result :P Besides, I don't think I could have used a lot more in the 2nd and 3rd song. Did you like the creepy FX?

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2006, 07:45:01 PM »
Quote from: guppygould
Is JiBe still diaboloing since he featured in the vid or was it just a one off?

Well JiBe stopped playing diabolo for like 1 or 2 years, but when he found out about the collab video, he emailed me his clip and told me that his latest practice session got him motivated to play a bit more. So who knows...
I always thought it was a shame that he stopped (especialy his skill level was so high.) Maybe he could fill us in on what he is up to?

For me the highlight of the video was the clothesline thing that Nev did. Very creative. :D
Behind your back is your front.

Matt_

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2006, 07:50:33 PM »
Did you like the creepy FX?

i did, it created a good mood. i was thinking of adding more of that to a video, but my last video didn't have anything where you'd add such a thing...

perhaps i will make a "dark" video sometime...

Chiok

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2006, 08:51:11 PM »
Oh excellenté!  I saw the post on Rec.Juggling (I go there first) and saw one post, I just knew there'd be a ton over here.

Great work Tijn and Pieter on the editing, you did marvellous work with those dozens of clips.  I was waiting for it, checking every now and again to see perhaps it was finished.  It's a great video and people definitely pulled out the stops.  The theme of experimentation was definitely visible (the vertax into the clothesline, the roll around the subway tunnel?)  All great stuff.

I had hoped to film something a bit more clever but all is well on foresight.  I agree that the energy of this first collaboration was definitely a driver into such great footage.  Let's give it a while till the next and just bask in the glory of this production.  

Good job Diabolo.ca!

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

JiBe

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2006, 09:47:49 PM »
Quote from: guppygould
Is JiBe still diaboloing since he featured in the vid or was it just a one off?

Well JiBe stopped playing diabolo for like 1 or 2 years, but when he found out about the collab video, he emailed me his clip and told me that his latest practice session got him motivated to play a bit more. So who knows...

Martjin summed it up pretty well. As always with EJC's, I tend to remove the dust from my diabs and do the usual passing and some 3 high. This year was no exception, and when coming back home, I found a nice place to practice outside (the one in the vid actually). So we'll see if I keep at it and make a few progress :-)

Thanks for caring  :wink:

Nice video, a few must see. The diabolo running in the tunnel stands out in my mind after the first watch.

JB

Arjan

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2006, 09:58:32 PM »
Quote from: JiBe
As always with EJC's, I tend to remove the dust from my diabs and do the usual passing and some 3 high.

You didn`t even bring your diabolos  :P

Sorry, couldn`t resist the easy joke.

Phil189

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2006, 10:14:55 PM »
Hey guys that video is brilliant well done to everyone wwho featured in it. i hope to be in the next video if i keep at ti and keep getting better like i am doing i hope i will be good enought to get into it. well done !!!
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

frank0072

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2006, 04:26:11 AM »
Quote from: Phil189
Hey guys that video is brilliant well done to everyone wwho featured in it. i hope to be in the next video if i keep at ti and keep getting better like i am doing i hope i will be good enought to get into it. well done !!!

I diabolo one year now, and I am in it (3:24-3:30), so don't worry about that, you can learn a lot in one year :).

* there are even people who do 3D after 9 months...
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2006, 04:35:47 AM »
my 2 cent's... GREAT VIDEO!!!!!
well worth the 3 AND A HALF HOURS to down load!
but can i ask why i wasn't in it martjin?.... :(

and on the topic for a future Colab: My suggestion is to do it at the end of next year(and the year after), so it could be some-what based on the idea of how far everyone has come since the last one, and how many new tricks and ideas have emerged over each year... etc...

anyways WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!!
Diaboloing is finaly in... Yay!
my videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SirHJock

Spooned

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2006, 10:23:05 AM »
Great vid, sadly i had no trick ideas but if theres one nest year ill definatly join in.
Diabolo or Diablo

martijn

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2006, 11:42:38 AM »
Quote from: Sir. H Jock
but can i ask why i wasn't in it martjin?

I've emailed you about that.

Quote from: Sir. H Jock
My suggestion is to do it at the end of next year(and the year after), so it could be some-what based on the idea of how far everyone has come since the last one

You forget that the "The best of Circusplanet" video, where I'm involved with the filming and editing, comes out each year in december (after BT, the collab and my tut, that's what I'm focussing on right now). Besides, if you want to compare the 2nd collaboration video with this one, you simply have to do it exactly one year later. I'm not going to say when it'll happen again, it's just too early.

fredo

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2006, 02:39:43 PM »
great vid! nothing more to say but thank you  :D

nev

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2006, 03:20:53 PM »
I'd like to belatedly add 4:32 to my highlights list - Norbi's whip web suicude stuff - there is a LOT of experimenting to be done with this idea - thanks
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Juhana

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2006, 12:20:46 PM »
Nice video! there was amazin ideas in it, and it gave me more inspiration.
Diabolos rule
-Juhana-

Spink

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2006, 02:30:19 PM »
Quote from: nev
I'd like to belatedly add 4:32 to my highlights list - Norbi's whip web suicude stuff - there is a LOT of experimenting to be done with this idea - thanks

indeed, still struggling with it though!

Also i cant find the Jongle.net collab vid anywhere. Does ay one know the link.

Cheers
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

martijn

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2006, 02:47:05 PM »
Quote from: Spink
Also i cant find the Jongle.net collab vid anywhere. Does ay one know the link.

After a "jongle.net and video" search, I found the d.ca thread :wink: http://www.diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1760

LaNgErZ

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2006, 06:41:40 PM »
Norbi's whip web suicude stuff - there is a LOT of experimenting to be done with this idea

oh yes...... hehehehe theres lots and lots of things to play with. (i'm unsure how to put this) try the same whip but frontstyle. take the two strings rather than one (you should be crossarmed) then find the web...... its a beut

martijn

D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2006, 10:41:20 PM »
Have a look at this routine: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=566

At some point in the 1d section, he does a underwhip, then immediately goes into that web thing. I tried it, it's not so hard. Perhaps it'll inspire some of you :)

nev

• Donator
D.ca Collaboration video
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2006, 10:36:25 AM »
At some point in the 1d section, he does a underwhip, then immediately goes into that web thing

Yeah I'd already figured out its just an underwhip with stick and cross your arms - It was more the suicides within webs that interested me with Norbi's (nicer way of getting to crossed arms)  - adding a few infinate or palm slap suicides in the web is a nice addition.  The web fariu does just before it was interesting though - thanks for the link.

Quote from: Langerz
try the same whip but frontstyle
not sure what whip you mean here? - frontstyle? - yoyo term perhaps?

Got some interesting webs trying though :)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal