Author Topic: Crawley convention (2 cups and pete)  (Read 9585 times)

ztt

• VotW Contributor
Crawley convention (2 cups and pete)
« on: August 16, 2006, 12:24:52 AM »
we filmed some footage at crawley convention and decided to make a little video out of it, it is of 2 cups(me, marc, chris, josh) and also pete, its 95% diabolo. (not to much juggling, hardley any actully) hope you like it.
The Link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQsvjJRC0Rg
dowloadable link
http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=713
thanks a lot
Zack
(thanks to chris who did a lot of the filming)[/list]
zack turner

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 12:44:20 AM »
oh that's nice  8) 3 of you can do 3 diabolos and your 3 stuff is really cool the grinds, that anti vortex (not sure about the name), and the 522 3(sun) is really good too =D  Could you post a link so that i can download it? thanks.

Josh

Martijn

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 02:17:33 AM »
Sweet moves guys! That sure is one high skill level.

jacky

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 07:28:17 AM »
both of are are really good,the 3d tricks are nice too..

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 08:37:42 AM »
ooh, a fisheye....diabolo vids need more of those  8)

Phil189

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 12:08:47 PM »
Wow, guys good video. Hope ill be that good some day! All the english (or other people who could make it) Should arange to met up for a day of diaboloing and video taking. or this could also be done at a convension.  :)
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 04:41:27 PM »
Hey, I was there!

Though that all happened when I was driving in my car...  It was quite amazing to see the twins and Pete, all amazing diaboloists.  Pete's definitely an understated player with an amazing shuffle and great tricks.  Was a great convention and you 4 guys definitely like to juggle lots, even on a train where space is a tad limited.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 07:38:41 PM »
Slow down! Your 3d (everyone) just keeps improving.
Behind your back is your front.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »
Stunning - simply stunning
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

JyNo

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 11:19:27 PM »
Wow! everyone is doing 3d nowadays, canĀ“t wait to join that crew!
Very nice video guys, I'd love to do diabolo in a train!

ztt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 07:13:18 PM »
thanks everyone for there comments
phil189 said
all the english(or other people who could make it) should arange to met up for a day of diaboloing and video taking. or this could be done at a convension.

that would be cool :D
zack turner

Phil189

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 07:17:14 PM »
i know other forums for other subjects that im registered with and they arrange mets. these take the form or renting a location, for use that would be a village hall or sports hall. then get campsite rented or guesthouses to do specail rates. then everyone arranges to go, different people offer different workshops for different times bdurning the days. should arrange it for a two day event sometime. would be cool
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 10:34:02 PM »
Quote from: Phil189
i know other forums for other subjects that im registered with and they arrange mets. these take the form or renting a location, for use that would be a village hall or sports hall. then get campsite rented or guesthouses to do specail rates. then everyone arranges to go, different people offer different workshops for different times bdurning the days. should arrange it for a two day event sometime. would be cool
So, like a juggling convention?

These do happen, there was one in The Netherlands I think last year where European diaboloists met up to juggle in what looked like an aircraft hanger and Sylvestre Dewa (Trash) and Tony Frebourg gave a go at breaking the endurance records for 3 high and low and 4 high.

Needless to say, organising any event with alot of people is difficult at best.  If you manage to make your way to a convention, I'm sure you'll find a Diabolo.ca-er there to play with.  Alternatively, there are lots of great diaboloists who aren't on Diabolo.ca (shock) that you can talk to.

Conventions are great places to meet jugglers, and nice people as well.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Martijn

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 10:50:22 PM »
Quote from: Chiok
These do happen, there was one in The Netherlands I think last year where European diaboloists met up to juggle in what looked like an aircraft hanger and Sylvestre Dewa (Trash) and Tony Frebourg gave a go at breaking the endurance records for 3 high and low and 4 high.

I have to correct you on that, because that wasn't in Holland, but in Mechelen, Belgium.

Phil189

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 10:53:31 PM »
Wen can we have one in ireland, one that i havent missed lol.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 11:29:42 PM »
I have to add that Pete has got just about the nicest low shuffle I've ever seen (sorry Zack and anyone else) - its like an asynch sync shuffle all in one the best of both worlds eh?

+ congrats Marc - that makes me want to "try" again
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

fredo

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 10:59:22 AM »
Quote from: nev
I have to add that Pete has got just about the nicest low shuffle I've ever seen (sorry Zack and anyone else) - its like an asynch sync shuffle all in one the best of both worlds eh?
yeah, right! and look at his second sun...perfect reentry into shuffle   :shock:

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 11:27:50 PM »
Thanks for all the positive responses guys. It was a great convention, nice to meet new people. Had a great time.

Quote from: fredo
yeah, right! and look at his second sun...perfect reentry into shuffle

I believe the first of those suns (the one near the beginning) is actually a suicide. Just to clear that up.

Zack, what happened to the  other video? If you know what i mean. Pm me please.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 11:51:22 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Pete you have an asynch shuffle right?  it looks really nice though.  It seems so easy but when I try it... well you get the idea.

Josh

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 12:04:48 AM »
Its difficult to explain. Myshuffle was a strong right handed synch shuffle but has now developed to a sort of in between shuffle. Occasionally when i want to accelerate i move into a strong synch shuffle but i get more control with my normal in between shuffle making it easier to do suns, wrap acceleration,siteswap etc.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal