Author Topic: Excalibur genocides tutorial  (Read 45264 times)

Zaheer

lefties excalibur geno
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2006, 05:58:47 AM »
great lefties vid man very useful! :D

Zaheer

tutorial reply
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2006, 06:02:59 AM »
great tut. im now at least catchin the diabolo

Ilias

Excalibur genocides tutorial
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 08:31:06 PM »
Almost ready with vertax whipcatch  :D
But the magic knot is still a problem...

Christopher

Re: Excalibur genocides tutorial
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2006, 11:57:33 PM »
does a vertax genocide count as an integral suicide? you do a stick switch till your able to do it.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2006, 12:03:42 AM »
Does a Vertax Genocide count as an Integral Suicide? You do a stick switch till your able to do it.

No. An Integral Suicide is letting go of both sticks and holding the string. So no unless you somehow do that in your Genocides.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Zosivacka

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2007, 06:42:46 PM »
Hey dude, i must say in the name of all lefties that its a perfect idea.
Im leftie (but in normal life rightie, or maybe im a leftie forced to be rightie, dunno...) and learning
from righties videos is better for me than from lefties, because its a complet mirror for me. But in
case excalibur this mirror doesnt work because you keep turning around. So when making excalibur tricks its best to learn rightie from rightie and leftie from leftie. Thx very much for that reverse copy. Finally a leftie doesnt have to make this mirror in his mind because its annoying (I used to learn from diabolotrick.com and there are views from righthanded perfomer, so a mirror for righties, but no good for lefties. Only trick what is there for lefties is genocide, but when i was learning it, it was only for righties and i had to convert in my mind).
So keep on going

martijn

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2007, 07:17:15 PM »
Hey that's nice to hear man. Glad I could help, making a mirror version only toke me a few extra minutes :)

Zosivacka

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2007, 02:23:14 PM »
But youve just mirrored the video. You didnt really made it on left hand. Or did you? :o

martijn

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2007, 02:42:15 PM »
No, ofcourse not :P

Zosivacka

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 09:04:25 PM »
Btw, what is a good diabolo for excalibur? Because i dont think finesse with wide axle is a good one? Is henry circus a better diabolo than finesse for this tricks? (The only good diabolos i can get in my city is finesse and circus so which one is better?) :-\

mo3

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2007, 09:24:44 PM »
y dont u just screw on ur normal axle and start playing?

David - SAS1

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2007, 08:52:13 PM »
there are already plenty of threads on finesse versus circus.

Back to thread.  I am finding that the stick is going round too fast to catch is there any way to slow down the speed that the stick is going at.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2007, 09:11:20 PM »
Is that: the stick when you swing it, or the stick after it's wrapped around the diabolo?

If it's the first, there's not really an answer for that.  It's supposed to go around quickly in order to make it.  As for it swinging around the diabolo too quickly, you're probably catching the diabolo too far away from you so the free stick whips it around.  If you can catch it nearer the centre and then pull it towards you, hopefully you'll have more luck.  

Also try catching the string and sliding down to the handstick instead if you're having trouble.  That's the way Ryo Yabe and Matt Hall do it, so feel no shame.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

David - SAS1

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 02:36:47 PM »
It was the sick that you let go of, and i now thin that the problem was that the diabolo is too far away.  I will try catching the string.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

iroQuai

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2007, 10:44:10 PM »
I'm a lefty, but now I notice I do vertax in a strange way... I wrap it from the other way around, so the diabolo is on my left side, but when I unwrap it, I swing it around the right stick...

When I follow the rest of the procedure I can make it until the point where I have to unwrap the diabolo again, but before that the free swinging stick traveled around the diabolo three or four times already and I have to start all over again.

It can have more than one reason. One is maybe because I am caching the diabolo too far away from the stick, so the other stick travels too fast. but maybe there is something else playing a part. With more than one normal trick (like the suicide or wrapped minigenocide) I noticed a difference between the sides I was trying. When I tried to do a trick to the left side, It felt like the complete trick went faster. It was almost like the movement of the diabolo was speeding up the complete trick and made it harder for me to catch the stick.

first, I don't know if it's just my imagination or if it's true. But if it is true, maybe my vertax genocide is also more difficult because of the side I try my genocide....

iroQuai

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2007, 01:36:16 PM »
Okay, Today I tested my hypotheses, and I was right - when I do a anti-clockwise genocide (when the diabolo is spinning clockwise) and I catch the diabolo, it climbs back to the stick that I hold in my hand... makes it more easy! Landed a genocide once now :) gonna practice some more when I can!

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2007, 04:42:27 AM »
Ok well, I released the diabolo, recaptured it, gave the stick to the left, and I'm unwrapping, and the diabolo falls on the ground -_- very frustrating, I can see that there is a lot of slack as I unwrap causing the diabolo to fall, I haven't found a way to prevent this. =/ I do however have a video of me doing some, not too good though =/

http://www.youtube.com/v/Xm0YP_TPJMw
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

martijn

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »
Yeah, the diabolo is very unstable at that point, because it's spinning not very fast anymore, which makes it tricky to finish the trick and rewrap the diabolo. Maybe try it with a Circus?

I learned the trick by getting the feeling with a Spintastic first, and then trying it with my Circus diabolo.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2007, 01:18:43 PM »
I'm unwrapping, and the diabolo falls on the ground

I had this problem when I was learning them. To solve it, while I caught the right handstick I held my left hand further away than I would normally and I also did not unwrap until just before I would normally right wrap the diabolo to make sure that it didn't really have enough time to fall off the string. Also, don't forget to spin :)
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2007, 06:52:50 PM »
Ok, thanks, I've been having the problem less today, the new Spinabolo I ordered is coming in today! I don't own a circus so that's out of the question lol, anyways I'll unwrap later and keep my hand out farther, hope it works, if it does and I nail one today, that would make a vertax genocide in 4 days!
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal