Author Topic: Excalibur genocides tutorial  (Read 41626 times)

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Re: Excalibur genocides tutorial
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2007, 01:54:56 AM »
Ok well, I nailed my first one today, by accident messing around with my finesse, it was cool! my friend was over too, and so I had a lot more fun juggling with him! So that's 5 days it took me to land a vertax genocide =b sorry I didn't have a camera =/
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Sephion

Excalibur Genocide tips please.
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2007, 06:21:04 PM »
I've already training this f***** for a long time and still i can't do it
I've already downloaded that video tutorial from that guy but i still cant understand what i'm doing wrong.
I stop with the diabolo with the left stick, i release the left stick, i high up it a bit with the right and then i catch the diabolo, but then the diabolo jump from the string and it never wraps.
There was one day whhen i was already training the changing stick and catching part, but in the next day somehow i forgot :S

Can someone please tell me what should i do.
I've already tried plenty of things
I haven't training any other trick because of this :(
Yesterday i trained 3 hours always the same trick
It's getting kinda frustrating

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2007, 06:46:59 PM »
try taking a break
or changing the type of sticks you use

Sephion

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2007, 07:03:45 PM »
try taking a break

i dont think the problems are on the sticks
Because like i said, i already reached the part of catching the stick  (just one day but still i reached XD)

My sticks are Henrys Carbon. I think they are good
Btw.. i already broke two Henrys Carbon sticks :s
I want to take a break, but this damm trick... i'm so angry that i can't traine another trick before learning this one D=

and sometimes (very very rare) i catch normally the diabolo

tipiphil

• Donator
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2007, 08:20:24 PM »
try taking a break

As the man said - take a break.  3 hours on one trick is going to get frustrating, and when you're frustrated things won't work.
Try some other stuff.  I always have a handful of tricks that I am trying to learn, if one just isn't going right i'll try something else - giving the brain something different to think about, when I go back to the original trick it always seems to work better.

If you've already broken two Henry's carbons, maybe they're not the best for the job??

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2008, 02:27:32 AM »
Just to help, I was practicing these some more today and during my mental trick breakdown I found that if you spin faster while your grabbing the stick after the trick it helps to keep the diabolo stable, and the stick will slide into your hand more easily

m3
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2008, 03:17:00 AM »
Also make sure that your about halfway into your spin before you release the stick, otherwise the diabolo will not travel with you, or be too close to you.

luabduch

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2008, 05:00:13 PM »
i finnaly made this trick right...
first time today...

thanks for the tutorial....help me a lot..

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »
Hey I don't have it under control yet after a year of trying it.. But I am getting near!

But sometimes the string hits the diabolo but then the diabolo fly's away! What is the reason for this?

Janey

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2008, 04:27:47 PM »
yeah in the beginning i had the same problem, maybe you are to slow.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2008, 02:12:39 AM »
Hey when I catch the diabolo and I need to unwrap it and catch the right stick.. The diabolo is to far away to unwrap and the stick is also to far away to grab. How can I change this?

puUL

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2008, 11:52:01 PM »
hi,

i think you should try to let the diabolo fly near to you. So when you catch it with your string, your left stick is close to the diabolo almost touching it.

EDIT: forgot to say: when you get them solid, you can try to let the diabolo fly further again to make the trick more interesting for audience.

Also try to experiment with turning faster when you catch the diabolo or turning less. You'll get there, hold on! ;)

Beni Ran

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »
thank you so much for posting this video! Since the moment I saw one, i knew that this was my favorite trick. now, after 2 or so months, I can do them. Thanks.
-Beni
 :-D

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »
new vertax genocide tutorial!! by me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmfYuIcUBIo#hq

youtube.com/watch?v=PmfYuIcUBIo

It´s in spanish  :-D

I hope you enjoy it!!!thanks for watching

MikyITA

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2010, 07:21:05 PM »
Hi Marijn very great tutorial but just one problem. I don t understand how to do the right stopover( i m left handed  :-D) . On almost all the tutorials of the basics of the vertax they teach you the stopovers like "trapezes" but anyone ( i never saw a tutorial like this) teach you the stopover that you use . If i do the "trapeze" stopover diabolo miss the vertax positions , and from your tutorial i don t understand your tecnic.Please can you help me ?

Mr.D

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2010, 01:58:33 PM »
It's the same as a trapeze stopover, his right hand is just closer to the diabolo, so you cant really see the "trapeze".
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

liqinglei419

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2010, 12:13:30 AM »
Hi, I seem to have got most of the genocide smoothly (thanks to Martijn's tutorial  :)), but after I catch the diabolo on the string, and then switch to my left hand, the diabolo unwraps and plops on to the floor RIGHT before or when I catch the stick. Sometimes, but not often it will not unwrap and I got the genocide to work. It seems that it occurs less frequently when I do BTB genocides, but it still happens a lot. Is there any way to fix that problem?

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2010, 05:15:12 AM »
Try swith hands before the genocide.
fluffy kitty

liqinglei419

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2010, 08:24:07 PM »
Try swith hands before the genocide.
I find aiming the string on the diabolo with my left hand harder (my left hand coordination is awful, but it is getting better to some extent...) and in my opinion, looses some of it's visual appeal.

The problem I had before is starting to become less frequent, but is still a big problem (The string seems as if it gets caught on the diabolo and unwraps, but my diabolo is very smooth :o). I tried the stick release thing in Hooker's tutorial, and the unwrap problem is always getting in the way...

Still, any advice about the unwrapping diabolo and plops onto the floor problem from my last post?

Hack

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2010, 08:36:58 PM »
Are you spinning in a circle when the diabolo falls off? Or are you standing still?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal