Author Topic: Armour all???  (Read 3150 times)

Shredder911

Armour all???
« on: August 17, 2006, 05:16:45 PM »
I have heard That if you put armour all on your sticks and your string your diab will spin longer because of how the armour all is so slippery is this true???
Juggling Fcking rules

Matt_

• Donator
Armour all???
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 06:14:40 PM »
actually, if you put WD40, it will spin twice as long because WD40 is an actual lube.

nah, just messing with you. hey, why don't you try putting armor all on your equipment and see how messed up it gets :P

martijn

Armour all???
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 06:42:29 PM »
Haha, NO, it is not a good idea.

Phil189

Armour all???
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 06:43:45 PM »
I am not one to say this but that might be a stupid post. its not a very good idea to start puting liguids or grese on the sting or the handsticks as this could mess it up. it would also get everywhere and it would damage the string.
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

LaNgErZ

• Donator
Armour all???
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 07:24:18 PM »
hahahaha! yeah not quite dude

seán_

Armour all???
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 07:31:06 PM »
Before Dave P. moved from beard/babache string to henrys yellow, he used to occaisionaly run his string through a very fine mist of spray furniture polish to get the sliperyness he desired.

Sean

• Administrator
Armour all???
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 01:07:26 AM »
hair grease, neck grease... if you really want slippery string this stuff's magic. Personally I avoid it like the plague, although your neck grease may vary. :)

Chiok

• Donator
Armour all???
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 01:11:44 AM »
Quote from: seán_
Before Dave P. moved from beard/babache string to henrys yellow, he used to occaisionaly run his string through a very fine mist of spray furniture polish to get the sliperyness he desired.
I think I got that idea from you to revitalise old string for the really cheap b*****ds among us *ahem*.  However I just ended up with an unusable mess.

You run string through your lack of hair, don't ya Seán?  I try and avoid any tricks where the string might touch my hair, head or neck (that fancy french stuff) because my string just doesn't work anymore because its so slick and then it just binds up and becomes super grippy.

Funny how important string is to diabolo...

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

martijn

Armour all???
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 01:32:45 AM »
Quote from: Chiok
Funny how important string is to diabolo...

Well yeah, as you think of it, aren't all the things we do with one or more diabolos on a piece of string just ridiculous! A pair of sticks, and the shape of the diabolo added, makes it an awesome prop in my eyes.

But I'm going OT here...

String is indeed very important, that's where we control the diabolo(s) with mainly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal