Author Topic: What are good tricks for a beginner to learn?  (Read 5644 times)

groomi

What are good tricks for a beginner to learn?
« on: August 24, 2006, 08:57:19 PM »
Hi.. I just got my diabolo today but I am stuck as to what tricks to learn...

I can Sun, Trapeze, Half Sun and throw and catch relatively high but I don't know what else to learn.. All of the tricks I look at from http://www.diabolotricks.com are either too hard for me to do or i just don't understand em. What is the next step for me do you guys think?

Thanks alot
Groomi  8)

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:23:44 PM »
at first learn to use the search function in this forum
if you can do that hard and amazing trick everything else becomes crystal clear  :roll:

seán_

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
Nice welcome there ;)

getting it going, corrections, high throws, orbits, stopovers, grinds, then move onto whip catches and magic knots, by this point you will begin to understand how diabolotricks work.

Ususal advice is diabolotricks. you might want to try the babache book or videos (diabology is more advanced but get it anyway)

There is a dvd from Germany by Kid Yo that might be right up your street.

Best advice is to get somebody else to learn with, they'll help you a lot. try the club listings at www.jugglingdb.com

(if you look up the forum you'll notice a sticky called 'tricks and videos' in it there are links to 3 or 4 beginners posts that might be usefull.

Also check out www.thediabolo.com

Good luck

Crazy_Clown

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 02:44:10 AM »
I would try different variations of suns and magic knots!! they are well useful and not too hard to combine. Stopovers are nice too, but I wold strongly recommend suns (right, left and behind the arms particularly) since they help a lot to get a kind of flow between tricks. Good luck and ejoy your practice!
|)><(|

groomi

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 11:20:17 AM »
thanks people. I'll take that advice into consideration.

And if its such a big deal to make a thread Valium, I will remember to exhaust the search function before i post again  :P

JamBam

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 04:25:41 PM »
Try this site its fantastic.

http://www.thediabolo.com/

jacob_sk

Re: What are good tricks for a beginner to learn?
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 11:14:01 PM »
There's an easy trick on diabolotricks.com called I think "Chinese Suicide". You do it from trapeeze and you let go your stick. It was one of my first tricks and I found it really easy and good-looking.

jacky

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 03:48:23 AM »
maybe u should keep on trying and try and that will made u became like us..

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 08:09:29 AM »
the tricks on diabolotricks.com aren't too hard, you just need a little more practice ;) they were hard for me but once i mastered them i thought i was pretty cool (the coffee grinder!!).

the best advice is to find a friend (preferably someone better than you) to show you things. alternatively, pick up an instructional DVD like Sean_ said. Diabology is amazing, and if you plan to diabolo for any amount of time, get it, even though it might seem expensive. the instructional section will last you a LONG time (not many people have mastered every trick on that dvd) and the freestyle section will blow your mind.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 04:39:49 PM »
Work on the basics first if there's a trick on www.diabolotricks.com or www.thediabolo.com that you need some help with search the forum (the trick will probably be mentioned) and if not, make a new thread.

Once you learn some basics practice putting them together and getting them smooth and consistant.

Hope this helps,

Leo
Behind your back is your front.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal