Author Topic: Taiwan diabolo video collection  (Read 8695 times)

jia

Taiwan diabolo video collection
« on: August 27, 2006, 10:02:47 AM »
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/tancle&article_id=4450455
and you can find other basic taiwan diabolo video at his album.(right and upper side)
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Diabolo+TaiWan
(his unique is fast!)
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=World_Diabolo_1st+TaiWan
(the performance of WJF champion in Taiwan TV show.)
jia

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 11:34:14 AM »
Thanks for the links I had seen the last two you gave before but the first one is new to me and very cool!
Behind your back is your front.

thewu

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 07:08:54 PM »
dude... did that first guy just do a 2d infinite suicide?

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 07:48:06 PM »
I don't think it was really infinite, because the diabs would definitely slow down (or can Nev prove us wrong once more? :)), but he did find a really clever way to keep the antisuicide going. He might just have set a new record!

fredo

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 08:56:51 PM »
Quote from: Martijn
[...]He might just have set a new record!
yep he has: 5 cycles, if I recall correctly

Martijn

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 10:03:40 PM »
Yeah I know, I can count :P it's just that I don't know if he's the only one. He could go for more I think.

jacky

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 06:11:17 PM »
i like the first video it was great.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 11:59:47 AM »
5x antisuicide :shock: nice thinking on that one - I cant even get 2 rounds to work conistently.

Quote from: Martijn
(or can Nev prove us wrong once more? :))

Nope, nada, not a chance !!!
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 03:06:55 PM »
right hang on.......the second dude? pink spinab? they dont make pink ones?
but yeah 5x is pretty sick but i reckon someone could do way more than that if they did it the completly *different way with spinabs (*anti shuffle. the spinab would not grip otherwise) someone should try it.... tijn?......nev?
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »
Quote from: LaNgErZ
5x is pretty sick but i reckon someone could do way more than that if they did it the completly *different way with spinabs (*anti shuffle. the spinab would not grip otherwise) someone should try it.... tijn?......nev?

Nah, not me, I'm rubbish with anti-shuffles. But yeah, if using spinabolos you need to do it the other way around. But that would be cheating :P Fixed axles is where it's at. Bearing diabs is fun, for other trick areas imo (LaNgErZ-style for example)...

nev

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 08:31:41 PM »
I did think of doing them the other way (now my anti shuffle is finally coming good, 5mins or so at best) - tried and failed miserably.  & thinking about it, even if I could do it, only one would keep spin - theres simply NO way to keep the other going bearings or not.  

<<<<hell why am I even talking about this - I cant even do it the normal way>>>>
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 12:54:01 PM »
no no no! bearings aren't cheating it's just nesicary for certain tricks and style's. i dont want to argue but diabolo is evolving and if you carry on using a fixed axle for literally everything, hows are you going to find any tricks just possible on bearing diabs or even better a completly new style of play*......

nothing against any type of diab... use them all!

*haha wait....

Martijn

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 01:14:35 PM »
I'm sorry, I knew I shouldn't have used the word cheating. I also hate it when people tell me a wide axle is like cheating. It's not, it's expanding borders! :P So yeah, I meant to say: infinite tricks should be done with fixed axles, because then you can really tell if the trick is infinite or not. Allright?

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »
i couldn't agree more. but we both know that this suicide^ is not. the fact it's with two is the complication. the principle is the same but one is going to be slowing down. but i suppose if you swapped diabs after every five rotation it could go forever. so then does it deserve the honour of being called an infinite 2d suicide?

i would like to hear what everyone thinks on this subject...

i'm going to say no, but! it's the closest your gonna get

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 03:01:22 PM »
I tried to see if I could manage a basis for an infinite suicide with 2 which is essentially an anticide but on the other side (you wrap the left diabolo and throw it under the right).  This means you put a backwrap on the right diabolo like in an inifinite suicide.  I had hoped that this meant you could swing the other diabolo around whilst one stayed in the middle.

However the amount of pull on the wrapped diabolo slows it down to a halt pretty fast.  Feels good as a single, got a good "fling" to it.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 05:50:59 PM »
how about a one handed sfan? that's the only way i can envision any sort of infinite 2d suicide...it's a fan (those infinite regular fans, or a sfan) and then you just let go. i dont know how one side would keep working, but hey, its a thought.

Martijn

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »
but i suppose if you swapped diabs after every five rotation it could go forever.

Nah, I don't think so, because they would eventually both slow down too much, because the diabolo which is slowed down, slows down much more than the one given spin speeds up. Did that make sense? Besides, that's not really the purpose of an infinite trick... to keep swapping the diabs. Same with forever fans, only swapping the diabs isn't enough.

so then does it deserve the honour of being called an infinite 2d suicide? i'm going to say no, but! it's the closest your gonna get

Yeah, multiple anticides look a lot like the 1d infinite suicide, it sure looks sweet.

dark_

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 08:35:44 AM »
i don't like taiwanese diabolo huggling is so frenetic...  :shock:  :shock:

chaps
dark_
Sorry for my bad english :P

Chrizzy

Re: Taiwan diabolo video collection
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 08:19:25 PM »
well, I'm wondering how he did the vertax because it isn't the normal one, or maybe it was but I just saw it wrong.
Could someone please clear me up about this ?

greendiabolo

Re: Taiwan diabolo video collection
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2006, 07:12:10 AM »
nice vids i liked the taiwan@tvshow one he did some pretty nice moves in it ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal