Author Topic: I want old forum back  (Read 5087 times)

_Rezi

I want old forum back
« on: September 21, 2006, 07:26:23 PM »
I really want the old one board forum back. It used to be much more transparent for user who want to read all of the posts.
And even more, the icons are muchness.
On the other hand there is great new stuff like better security and recent posts.
I thing there is a possibility to make two versions with one board and multiboard system as now.  ??? :'(
please

kaspar

Re: I want old forum back
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 07:39:58 PM »
 I agree with _Rezi.

one.man.band

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 07:58:03 PM »
I like the new look, it gves the forum a bit more of a structure, though the old forum had it's good things as well, i suppose.
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

martijn

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 08:00:45 PM »
No way, phpBB sucks big time compared to SMF. That's a fact :P Why do you want to go back? I didn't quite get what you meant in your post... I only see advantages. Trust me, it's probably just a matter of getting used to it.

matthewthegreat

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 08:04:25 PM »
I think we just all have to get use to it. Once we get use to it I think we will like it better then the old one. I hope...

_Rezi

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 08:46:07 PM »
thats it. Exactly it gves the forum  :o a bit more :o of a structure. But is it desirable? For me who want to go trought all the posts its just 4 time more windows in browser to open to check it all. I am cerebrateing about the old one thread forum and I dont think there were a mess with those sinewy icons.
I know that if you have spent such a long time with transition from old to new forum you wouldnt be happy to unmake it, so dont do it but just ask the people whether they want the multithread. Its wasteing time to do something new without "vox populi"

martijn

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »
You can check the new messages VERY quick, using the "Show unread posts since last visit" link in the top left corner. http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?action=unread

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 09:45:13 PM »
You can check the new messages VERY quick, using the "Show unread posts since last visit" link in the top left corner. http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?action=unread
Yes - that recent messages page is golden!

Secondly, I'd like to try this categorized layout for a while and see how it goes. After a bit we'll see how it is going. Perhaps we'll hold a poll. If we choose to, we can always go back to a single board again - it would only take a few seconds to merge them all together! I believe I'd like to stick with SMF though. There's the slight possibility of switching to something like VBulletin at some point if this doesn't meet our needs, but I'd prefer to stay away from phpBB.

As to the icons and look of the forum, this can easily be changed with skins and I plan to install a number of skins for users to choose in the near future. Hopefully you'll find one you that works well for you!

JC

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »
It is a good idea to let it for a while,
but it is also a good idea to hold a poll.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 12:15:29 AM »

I couldn't find this link, then I realized that it doesn't show it to you until you log in.
Now that i see it I am much happier with the new forum.
Thanks, Martijn.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 12:43:35 AM »
Its easier to search stuff and find what your looking for with this SMF! And categories are great! This forum style is better. Way better. Full Stop ;)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 01:35:38 AM »
I really want the old one board forum back.

change sucks, eh?

but really, phpBB sucked, i'm glad there was a switch. SMF is no Vbulletin but a lot of the implemented changes are working out great. just give this new layout a few more days and you'll forget about crappy old phpBB ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal