Author Topic: Finnish Diabolo Convention  (Read 12294 times)

Ese

Finnish Diabolo Convention
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:59:12 AM »
www.elisanet.fi/mihaapo/hoblaa/fdc_vas1.wmv All check it out! It's from first Finland diabolo festival Finnish Diabolo Convention (fdc)
Save that video to your computer, coz it won't be long there.  :)

busk

Re: Finnish Diabolo Convention
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:18:58 PM »
elmeri is not so good with 3d exalibur... ::)

Kobe

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 01:39:39 PM »
Wow, I saw some amazing tricks. But is it possible to do 3 diabolo's vertax, or 2? I've never saw this.

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 03:32:04 PM »
That 3d vertax was just a joke. I tried to use 1d vertax start with 3 diabolos and it didnt work as you can in the vid.

I had some good time... :)

fredo

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 07:28:12 PM »
Great vid! Seems to be as good as the German Diabolo Camp ;D

Rîkû is like...whoa! he's so good! and how old are you?

Rîkû

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 07:51:42 PM »
Thx. I´m 13 years old.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »
Yeah Riku nice skills with 2 mini g's and excalibur passing.  Who's the guy ur passing with?  Is he the guy that does 3?  Who does the 3 on stage cause he kinda looked like baptiste but his shuffle looked nothing like it.  i liked alot of the stuff that i didn't expect to like the neck bounces in one hand to the between the leg whip  8)  known as the "castration" whip....

Josh

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 09:05:17 PM »
Yeah Riku nice skills with 2 mini g's and excalibur passing.  Who's the guy ur passing with?  Is he the guy that does 3?  Who does the 3 on stage cause he kinda looked like baptiste but his shuffle looked nothing like it.  i liked alot of the stuff that i didn't expect to like the neck bounces in one hand to the between the leg whip  8)  known as the "castration" whip....

Josh

He passing with Toni Rosvall, he dont do 3d.. Elmeri does 3 on stage and Aaro does offstage..

What a shame i could not be there..

nev

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 11:10:15 PM »
Some very nice stuff there - nice 2d full genocide riku - I worked on that some time ago but never got it solid.  Thanks for Sharing

Diabolo looks pretty popular in Finland - I'm gonna be in Levi in February if anyones in the area and fancies a session (somewhere indoors)

Feel free to PM me

Nev
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 11:27:07 PM »
yeah riku mad skills. nice vid i liked it alot
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 11:45:59 PM »
Was that Eric who did the contact diabolo move, and did I catch a glimpse of Antonin the computer during one of riku's tricks?  Any footage of new stuff from them?  I also liked the one handed neck bounces to ass catch.  And wow riku, you're amazing for your age.  I wish there were enough diaboloists in the Boston area to make something like this worthwhile.

-Nate
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 03:45:15 AM »
yeah Nate I noticed them too so I though maybe Baptiste was there too.  Also Elmeri your shuffle is very flat and oval-ish...  However ur avatar shows you have a very baptiste like shuffle like a tall oval kind of pattern.  I guess that's why I didn't think it was you.

Josh

Martijn

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 09:48:04 AM »
Was that Eric who did the contact diabolo move, and did I catch a glimpse of Antonin the computer during one of riku's tricks?

Yup, and that move from Eric was sweet! I wonder if he's going to make a show or video with all that new stuff of his...

i liked alot of the stuff that i didn't expect to like the neck bounces in one hand to the between the leg whip  8)  known as the "castration" whip....

Yeah, that's a nice trick. Luke did it on the open stage at EJC 2006, I wonder who created the trick... or is it very old skool? :P

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 11:26:53 AM »
i liked alot of the stuff that i didn't expect to like the neck bounces in one hand to the between the leg whip  8)  known as the "castration" whip....

-------martijn said------------------------------<---------------<- ;D---
Yeah, that's a nice trick. Luke did it on the open stage at EJC 2006, I wonder who created the trick... or is it very old skool? :P

well.. as i know, samuli (who did that trick on video and organize that convention) has been doing this trick for ages.. at least he do it in bolottaako-DVD (summer 2004) - it looks nice but its very irritating to do for many reasons :)

diabolo is for sure quite popular in finland.. i dont remember there has been many pure diabolo conventions.. anywhere? in finnish there is internet community "irc galleria" and there is 340 registered member in diabolo-community.. and as there is bigger juggling convention "5-3-1" at month after FDC its nice there was still so much people.. (maybe sur le fil has something to do with it..)

nezzybaby

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 01:27:29 PM »
neck bounces to castration whip is a classic, i've been doing it for years, not necessarily something someone taught me, but i wouldnt say i created it, the trick just seems obvious when you're doing neck bounces ;)

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 01:56:07 PM »
Oh darn I would have liked that. But damn, it was too expensive and I was on a holiday that time.
And about the Irc-Galleria, i doubt if all of the people in there actually do really much diabolo. But whatever, very nive video. Is there a "part 2" coming up soon?
The Vitamin Guy

iroQuai

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 02:37:36 PM »
Yeah, the ending of the movie does suggest that there will be other parts :)

By the way, about the 2d excalibur - I have a movie on my computer somewhere where somebody does an 2d exalibur attempt and almost succeeds! He keeps on spinning around, wraps the 2nd diabolo in the string, makes some speed an tries a few suns, but then he fails... looks cool :) When I get home again I'll try to see the name of the movie and/or maybe upload it!

Martijn

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 03:14:22 PM »
If it isn't something you filmed yourself, most of us have probably seen it. I bet it's Thierry's attempt from the Bruxelles freestyle 2004.

Ese

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 06:01:18 PM »
Hi guys, yea part.2 is coming but I don't know is it coming soon, but it's coming. In Fdc I liked when Riku did vertax infinity suicide, it was nice. From France was Eric and Antonin, they show Cie Filophile to us it was really ART OF DIABOLO. :)

Marc

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »
Hi,
i liked the 2D mini G variantion, just after i watched the video i went to my juggling club, hullabaloo (i think thats how its spelt). when i go there i tried it, its a nice Little extention,I'm hoping to get it solid :) .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal