Author Topic: Kid diabolo DVD  (Read 2488 times)

eggy900

Kid diabolo DVD
« on: September 28, 2006, 01:07:15 PM »
Just found this DVD on firetoys, has anyone seen it? is it any good?

Kid Jo DVD

barnesy

• Administrator
Re: Kid diabolo DVD
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:36:41 PM »
I've only seen some of it, but it did seem good.  Bear in mind that it's aimed at beginners, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for advanced stuff.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 04:19:37 PM »
Interesting. Relativey new I assume? I hadn't heard of it before. It does feature none other than Donald Grant, Bruce Wilson, and Jochen Schell. Donald or Bruce - you out there?

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 04:31:36 PM »
Yeah, I forget exactly when Donald mentioned filming it, but it was filmed in the last year or so and I think Beard first had it for sale around EJC time this year.

donald grant

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 07:53:33 PM »
I was wondering when this was going to come up......

We did this last summer when I was working in Berlin.  I did the writing, we trained up a kid (Elias) for a while, and then filmed it in July.  Phillip did all the editing; Bruce (the talented man) did all the music and the first copies came out a couple of months ago.

No, it's not a new extreme trick heavy freestyle vid.  We did have a little bit of fun shooting five minutes of mucking about at the end of the day and stuck that in the bonus section.  We also tempted Jochen out of diabolo retirement to do a cool bit of one-wheel stuff.

Can't really say much else about it.  I've seen it a few times now and I think it came out pretty well. If any of the rest of you give it a viewing, please let me know what you think!

All the best

Donald

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal