Author Topic: Vertex Darkside Mini genocide  (Read 2624 times)

Mick Lunzer

Vertex Darkside Mini genocide
« on: September 28, 2006, 03:40:22 PM »
Hey Crew!
I came up with a new trick, By new I mean I haven't seen anyone do it yet, Including me. I can't get it consistently, but I wanted to share it with you. I'm sure all you vertex junkies could land it in a heatbeat if you haven't done so already. My camera is in the shop. (Knocked it right off the tripod with a henry's Circus. If I get the film out of it I'll post it.)

Here's the idea:

From a vertex position diabolo near right hand stick, unwrap the diabolo and quickly come around it putting it on the "back of the string or darkside" This has to happen very fast. This sends the diabolo to the left side. Do a stop over on the left side. (Remember your arms are crossed right hand in front of left.) Swing back to the right, release the right hand stick and grab the string with your right hand.  (This is where I get smacked) the string does a small circle around your finger (just like a regular mini genocide) catch the diabolo on string let go of the string, catch stick unwrap...........................................and it's just that easy. I landed it once and couldn't get out of it before dropping.

I am very new to the vertex stuff, ( I can only land a regular vertex genocide once in ten tries)  but I am excited about the trick and I sure a vet could do it.

If anyone else has this on video I would love to see it.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
Re: Vertex Darkside Mini genocide
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 05:01:38 PM »
I do this trick by switching the sticks in my hand.
The feeling is kinda different from the regular genocide so it might take time before you can get it consistant.
I think Matt Hall did this trick from a bodywarp combo , look in the video of the week archive ;)
Hope it helps

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal