Author Topic: Allround axles for henrys circus  (Read 5113 times)

Marc

• VotW Contributor
Allround axles for henrys circus
« on: October 04, 2006, 05:39:17 PM »
I have just purchased 7 allround axles from butterfingers and they didn’t have enough when I first ordered them, so I received 1 axle that looked like this

Then when I received the other 6 they were different, the big washers that go on the out side that were made out of plastic are now made out of metal.

Has the design changed?

Thanks in advance

Marc Cabry

barnesy

• Administrator
Re: Allround axles for henrys circus
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:50:19 PM »
Weird.  Looks like that will make them closer to the weight of a standard Circus.  I'd send them back if that's true.  For me, it's not just the shape that makes them good, but also the weight.

I wonder if they've introduced a wider range?  Or could it be a mistake somewhere else along the line?

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 07:06:24 PM »
whoa whoa, your post makes no sense.

the first thing you said was, you ordered 7 kits and the 7th one came seperately as having plastic washers. then you said that the washers are "now made of metal". so which is it?

all of the "new" (allround, twist, giant, ultralight) henry's kits have plastic washers. the old ones (which just included the hubs) kept the metal washers. so if you bought 7 allaround kits, you should have 14 plastic washers and 0 metal ones.

and ughh that kit looks so horrible, the giant gap (same as my Giant kit :() is an eyesore.

Marc

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:58:33 PM »
......... you ordered 7 kits and the 7th one came seperately as having plastic washers. ...........

no the 1st kit came having plastic washers and the last 6 had metal ones.

seán_

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 12:05:26 AM »
do they tighten up better? I know a few people hate the fact you are not supposed to tightn the allround kits up snug, possibly henrys are getting around that by reverting to metal washers. As you said earlier tonight it is nice to have the choice.

BTW I believe Henrys have stopped offering pom hubs as a standalone option (need to check if thats happened but thats what I heard).

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »
and ughh that kit looks so horrible, the giant gap (same as my Giant kit :() is an eyesore.
You might not like the look of it, but it works perfectly well.  I've been using them for months now and haven't got a word to say against them.  The drop might be visible, but is completely unnoticeable in use.  It doesn't matter.

I've just spoken to someone else who has bought allround kits from Butterfingers this week.  They had metal washers too.  The Henrys website doesn't seem to mention a change though.  It still says the kit makes the diabolo 50g lighter.

Susannah

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »
I just phoned firetoys and they still have plastic ones, phew. Only 5 left in stock now though, so if they have changed the design anyone who wants them should buy them soon.

Susannah

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 10:01:47 PM »
You might not like the look of it, but it works perfectly well.  I've been using them for months now and haven't got a word to say against them.  The drop might be visible, but is completely unnoticeable in use.  It doesn't matter.

I've just spoken to someone else who has bought allround kits from Butterfingers this week.  They had metal washers too.  The Henrys website doesn't seem to mention a change though.  It still says the kit makes the diabolo 50g lighter.

Strange. Everyone I've talked to, including Chris, Ben, Matt Hall, and others, are all annoyed by that step. it catches on the string and it makes it tilt more. and it looks dammmmned ugly. The TK kit is sooooo much better.

jake

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 06:00:09 AM »
I've got the all-arounds on my diabolo's and i so far like them...i find that using anything else but the henrys thin string makes the axels quite un-workable...the wider string makes the wrap-up chance EXTREMELY high since the gap is only so big...

so for me, as long as i got the thin string on there, it doesnt seem to hinder me at all...

Matt_ i wonder, what kits are you reffering to? can you post up a link to where i can look into those kits? never hurts to try em out...maybe i'll discover the inferiority of the all-arounds heh...

but hey atleast this is for certain...they are a lot better than the original axels  ;)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 06:41:16 AM »
i used one of the TK kits, not sure which, but it was great. i still prefer the normal narrow plastic hubs though.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 08:07:11 PM »
I have some axle kits if anyone is interwested...
Skype us at juggling.for.jugglers
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Juggling-For-Jugglers

Christopher

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 12:36:23 AM »
http://www.henrys-online.de/En/E-DiaboloZub.htm

Henrys site say that the design changed in september.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 03:27:22 AM »
Interesting. I wonder why they did that, I guess because some were coming apart? My "giant" axle has had absolutely no problems. Granted, I don't use it that much...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal