Author Topic: new 2d-3d correction method?  (Read 3106 times)

jake

new 2d-3d correction method?
« on: October 06, 2006, 05:50:31 AM »
                Hey everyone, i was just diaboloing the other day with 2 and i had one of my diabolos wrapped up and  was tapping it to correct it...And while i was doing that i brought the diabolo a little too close to my stomach and it touched my ab-area and it corrected the diabolo almost instantly to what it usually takes a few taps to get it to...

My question then is, has anyone tried or done this stomach-nudging before? It would only seem natural that it has been done by others, i just can't recall anyone posting about it or reading anything about it...

it also seems to correct the vertical tilt issues that i found were sometimes difficult to correct with 2, as well as the horrizontal corrrections...

-jake

seán_

Re: new 2d-3d correction method?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 05:58:27 AM »
yup Jake, a standard (though rare) part of every diaboloists correction toolkit along with the more old school stomach or chest mid shuffle.

other lesser spotted corrections
pure string shuffle correction
non dominant stick tapping
Hovver non dominant hand alignment

jake

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 06:01:48 AM »
haha awesome, i had no idea it was a viable correction...

SO HERE's THE CALL!

EVERYONE TRY THE STOMACH CORRECTION!   ;P

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 09:27:37 PM »
Happens an awful lot during fans and s-fans, keep hitting myself with that overbearing gut of mine...

*ahem*
Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

jake

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 09:41:40 PM »
haha i know what you mean, except when i hit my gut, the fan goes away  ;P  maybe mines bigger than yours?

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 10:17:36 PM »
Yeah you can try correcting with your feet, hands, and even your head!  It's just whichever method is most accurate and LEAST PAINFUL!  So i'd stick with my sticks  :D

Josh

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 09:38:20 PM »
I tred correcting fans with my stomach before. Gave up on it after a while though, sure it could be done with practice. And of course the occasional fluke correctio when my stomach gets in the way and puts everything exactly right with 2 (or 3).
On the topic of correction, I believe Tahia used to correct a right handed shuffle with his left hand ;) Suprisingly, it does't seem that useful though. Would look cool with 3 though.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

ming

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 10:55:03 PM »
I messed around with foot corrections for a bit due to boredom. They work but don't look that good. Also do the odd knee correction with an s-fan

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal