Author Topic: new video of priam : diabolord  (Read 24225 times)

Purplegirl

Re: new video of priam : diabolord
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 09:52:56 PM »
Wow... that was amazing.

...and I was working on a routine to that music too (sigh), back to the drawing board - there is no way I am beating that anytime within this millenia!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 11:09:13 PM »
Yeah the UV active, Willie Wonka suit is crazy!  :P I think it looks great, awesome performance but I would love to see a clean run WITH all those other tricks, that would be freakin' insane.

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 12:29:03 AM »
I'd advice you to get other pants.

The pants/costume is a total wow-out. I dig it!

I think Priam's trying to do something bold here and maybe create something that's more than just a set of tricks but a sort of Wonderland/ Dancer at the End of Time experience. (maybe I'm way off.)

Just wish the hat had picked up the light a bit better, sometimes Priam looked headless.

man, how the heck do you do two-high with a diabolo&hat on your head?

jake

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 08:45:38 AM »
Priam, that link to one of your juggling acts for children was awesome! Corrupt the youth to our juggling ways! I really enjoyed it though the tricks were awesome(loved the passing 4 diabolos)..creative and the right kind of show for a child audience!

And i hope you dont mind me asking, but how tall are you? I can tell your "big" but im curious to know the actual hieght

Thanks,

jake

Priam

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
My actual size ?
1.95 m which makes something like 6.40 ft.
I always thought being tall was an asset to play diabolo :-)

Priam

vinß

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 11:44:53 AM »
I think you have to say 6'5''
Bloody anglo-saxon system!!! and God bless french people who invented metric system  ;D ;D ;D (just laughing)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 06:05:21 PM »
we know our units suck, stop rubbing it in :(

Marc

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 07:05:14 PM »
Great video,routine, was a pleasure to watch

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 07:10:04 PM »
jake, I didn't think that was for just children, why wouldn't you find stuff like that funny? Priam, was that directed at kids, or just anyone?
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Relativity

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 11:07:30 PM »
did anyone else figure that there was a 3rd diabolo in his hat as soon as he walked on stage? i didnt think he would do something that tacky, but i was wrong

ok how in the hell can you do all of those tricks witha diabolo under your tophat. thats not tacky, thats amazing.
Priam, i absolutely loved the end, where you just toss the sticks and diabolo to one side. i also liked the fact that you didn't start with one, go to two and then three, as in an air of diabology, but mixed it up a bit.
honestly your vids are always an inspiration, keep up the good work.
i think the costume only makes it more appealing to the non diabolo crowd...
Fire Walk With Me...

jake

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2006, 07:23:43 AM »
Sharpes i enjoyed it too, i just thought it was for children because there was A LOT in the front row...like it was performed at a summer camp for kids or something...

i didnt think it was just for kids to enjoy...

I enjoyed it a lot...!

-jake

Priam

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2006, 09:08:16 AM »
The show "Tombés de Haut" by Cie Gaveo is more a family show, for kids and non-jugglers adults.
We (Fred (Codfish on jongle.net) and me) perform it in street festivals in France during summer.
The story is about a juggling master (Fred) who is asked to teach diabolo to a total beginner (me).
And finally the student overtake the master...

The technics is not very high, we are more looking for impressive or ununderstandable tricks, and duo tricks.
And we try to be funny, to make people laughing while diaboloing, and that's harder that any trick we do....

Priam

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2006, 04:33:30 PM »
Hi Priam!
I was there acting after you, nice to watch another time the show(no drop!!), but this time i don´t watch it from the backstage!Will I see you this year in Bilbao as 2years ago?
The place is Hondarribia, a little town in the basque country near the borderline from france, where Jaxenolaf Malabaristak organises since 6 years ago a little and very familiar convention, but it´s growing!

Lauri

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »
Incredible video, incredible tricks, thats all i can say. That and don´t get rid of the costume, it looks very very cool. Oh and also, what are the pieces of music you use?

Kusti

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 05:25:50 PM »
The costume would probably look whopping, if I'd see Priam perform live. In that lighting, as you can't really see anything but the light yellow(?) stripe-line thingies, Priam looks super. Just wish that he had lights or something like that on his diabolos. Priam, you'll come to Finland next summer? :D

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 11:43:43 PM »

It must be, right? More space on string, therefore, easier sprinklers, easier shuffle with three etc

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Will
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

martijn

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 11:36:18 AM »
2 words: Ryo Yabe :D

But yeah, being tall can be an advantage in juggling.

Christopher

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »
2 words: Ryo Yabe :D

But yeah, being tall can be an advantage in juggling.

But you need a room with a tall ceiling to do suicides due to the string length.

My actual size ?

Priam

The WJF has put in the wrong height.  Maybe you've grown a bit during these years and your the tallest diaboloist i know so far.

martijn

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2006, 06:26:48 PM »
I'm sorry, but that's a pretty useless argument. Ofcourse you need a high ceiling and enough space for juggling and diabolo, it's about throwing things up in the air! Practising in a gym is the way to go.

Just to name a few, Priam, Malte Steinmetz, Ori Roth, and Jay Gilligan, are all tall jugglers.

busk

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2006, 07:25:59 PM »
i think that a small juggler normally is more estetic..

not too small...i mean a juggler like uhm..

???

uhm

Antonin? ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal